• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Hey gang, I learned about something today while watching MMA:

Zq3EEyN.png

I enjoy your spiteful nature. It feels comforting and familiar.

no joke, my favorite posts here are you calling people "motherfuckers".

it's much needed balance. for every little Jimmy hopeful Bryan might return someday you need someone to remind them Bryan's career is dead.

jred2k

the issue is the setup, not the move. a powerbomb into cutter is a simple setup. a 20 second sequence that leads into the cutter is not a simple setup. it often even ignores any previous established psychology.

if i wanna see long, detailed exchanges i'll fire up a Jackie Chan movie.

as for the UFC event, a man was killed tonight:

PertinentArtisticFrillneckedlizard.gif

his soul is heading to Hades.
Why did he even take this fight? Do MMA fighters insist going out by putting someone over like their carny brothers?

Just finished watching the movie Wanted starring Professor X making Star Lord his bitch. It's so god damn absurd i can't help but fall in love with it. A bunch of assassins choosing targets because a piece of clothing told them to.

Saw it in theaters when it came out and i was in high school and thought it was the best movie i've seen that year. Perfect place at a perfect time. I kinda stand by that sentiment today. My god.

Oh and I thought the comic was trash. Poor man's Garth Ennis that Mark Milar.

DiscoJon

Banned
you think it is terrible because you don't like indy wrestling or that particular "style", maybe he does, I don't know but it is one thing I do enjoy about him is the setups into the Stun Gun

I'm not that into "indie" wrestling primarily because it doesn't exist in the PNW. No one but WWE and maybe TNA has shows up here, so it's hard to get invested in ROH, Chikara, PWG, etc... since they never (and probably never will) come out here.

I've been slowly getting in NJPW and I dig what I've seen. I just don't like Anderson because he's Anderson. Simple as that. I do get the feeling on here that some of the big Indie fans tend to overcompensate their love for certain dudes because they are in an indie fed or wrestling in Japan/England/etc.

On a lighter note, I'm watching the WWE Scooby-Doo crossover.

Sin Cara has a present for you all:
Magnet.gif

Yo I missed a cutter discussion?

Simple setups are cool, in that you do a thing to get into position for it, and then do it. DDP was alright at these since he only had like 5-6.

The Lethal Injection is the dumbest fucking move in the history of the planet

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Last of Us is the gaming side CM Punk. You'll be talking to your homies about how much you're enjoying some guy, and then someone comes int to tell you how CM Punk did it better. It's not that you hated it before, but you begin to hate it because of this. Because it will keep happening.

Toki767

Just finished watching Day 1 of the G1 tournament.

That spot where Okada counters the Styles Clash into a tombstone was slick and so smooth.

That's a terrible gif to use if your argument is that he's really good, because that looks super telegraphed and overly thought out, just like generic indie dudes.

Man, you are fucking NUTS. Gun Stun counter to a freaking exploder attempt is such an awesome counter. It's the opposite of super telegraphed, because NO ONE expected it to happen. It's the opposite of overly thought out because it's SMOOTH AS FUCK and was one of the best finishes in the G1 last year. Comparing Karl to generic indie dudes, SMH.

Hero WTF you doin' man?! Didn't he supposedly have some back issue? Still, if the dude can work a match there's no excuse for the damn gut.

That's too bad for Chris Hero. Thought he could do good thingsin The E. I always thought talent beats hardwork when hardwork refuses to talent.....

BHZ Mayor

Last of Us is the gaming side CM Punk. You'll be talking to your homies about how much you're enjoying some guy, and then someone comes int to tell you how CM Punk did it better. It's not that you hated it before, but you begin to hate it because of this. Because it will keep happening.

This. But for Naughty Dog as a whole really.

Also to bring back the whole cutter discussion, I wanted to ask this last night but I ended up getting pre-occupied. How do you guys feel about the Austin/Michaels WM ending? I understand that it's probably seen differently because it's straight finisher into finisher without strikes in-between.

Forkball

This. But for Naughty Dog as a whole really.

Also to bring back the whole cutter discussion, I wanted to ask this last night but I ended up getting pre-occupied. How do you guys feel about the Austin/Michaels WM ending? I understand that it's probably seen differently because it's straight finisher into finisher without strikes in-between.

To me that ending is a classic. There's a good build up with Michaels tuning up the band, then a good quick sequence that ends the match in a way that makes both guys look great.

Top Bottom