• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cena wouldn't stand for his Summer Blockbuster opening at number 2 to a hoeski.
They'd have to break the top 5 for that to happen
10432%20-%20Raw%20brock_lesnar%20gif%20laughing%20smiling%20wwe.gif

somedevil

Right now Daniel Bryan tentative return date is the Royal Rumble. So the wait starts and hope that the elbow surgery goes on as planned and he gets his arm strength back.

Right now Daniel Bryan tentative return date is the Royal Rumble. So the wait starts and hope that the elbow surgery goes on as planned and he gets his arm strength back.
It's nice that the WWE still lets some old veterans come in at the Rumble I love seeing guys I haven't seen for awhile

PROGRESS show was a ton of fun, not the best card they've put on in terms of match quality, but a real good time nonetheless. Got to see Samoa Joe (hardest hitting lariatooooo I've ever witnessed in person), Rampage got invited to the TNA British Boot Camp after the match which was a great showcase of both men, even if Joe isn't quite the guy he was a decade ago (but who is?). The tag title match was fucking crazy with an awesome finish, there was a great 3-way match between some of the PROGRESS students who all did well, got their gimmicks way over and really impressed the crowd, Mad Man Manson was hilarious with his open challenge match (answered by super-serious 'no-gimmicks needed' Michael Gilbert) and running commentary throughout. Plus, we got another good title match from the dastardly cunt Jimmy, despite ref bump shenanigans spoiling what would've been a huge moment for young Noam Dar.

Joe.jpg

Mark Andrews took a nasty bump in the tag title match, wobbling when he stood up for the top-rope SSP to the floor but thinking "fuck it" and doing the move anyway;

Andrews.gif

He hadbutted a chair and gashed his head open. Chant of the night was "PRESS R2" in response to Manson complaining he doesn't know how to do counters. Spot of the night was a crucifix bomb over the top-rope from Pastor William Eavers in the 3-way. Oh yeah, and in an attempt to out-do every other indie for 'most ridiculous/awesome name for a wrestling event', Chapter 15 will be entitled;

Very, very, very, breaky, breaky, breaky, bishi-bishiiii!!!!

Never saw Jackie Brown. That movie is pretty good.

I wonder why it gets less play then Tarantino's other work because it seems like you cant go 1 week without seeing a replay of Pulp Fiction, reservoir dogs or Kill Bill on some random channel.

Oh and wrestling. Whats the plan post Summerslam. Bastista coming back that soon?

Oh and if Hero cant lose the extra pounds maybe he should get different ring gear that fit better and hide things.

Punk is actually too good on these Nerdist Comic Con videos. Like they have these scrubs regurgitating the usual PR BS and then there's him. So it's like he's back in WWE again.

--I hate to say this, but there are a lot of things going around that indicate this coming week will be one of the biggest news weeks of the year. The first two may not be done deals yet. Story No. 3 is a lock and will happen, which is Thursday's announcement of the WWE network number.

Jesus Meltzer, just tell us.

Court Bauer knows something too:

BtloR4FIQAAqfU7.jpg

Anyone want to take bets on what the Network numbers are? What say you, stro and Dragonzord? It's not quite the death sport you two are used to, but in a way it could be like watching WWE die.

strobogo

Banned
Anyone want to take bets on what the Network numbers are? What say you, stro and Dragonzord? It's not quite the death sport you two are used to, but in a way it could be like watching WWE die.

I don't understand. I don't watch death sports. I'd guess the Network is probably still in the 600-700k range.

There where at 600k or so after mania right?

I would say 650k now after a few months + the free week bring in new people.

I bet it gets lower then 400k after the first 6 month window though.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-

The ladder match was an amazing spectacle and Bret/Owen was one of the finest matches you'll ever see.

CGMNTwV.jpg

All Bret Hart signs should have yarn hair.

Zach

If Zach was a teacher all the parents would complain about the grades he gives out

I love yarn hair

I considered being a teacher...

Bret's hair and sunglasses look was an underrated iconic look. Loved it.

Pink and Black Attack

I'm starting to warm up to Owen's look. I've never loved Owen Hart. There, I said it. I've always thought he was solid, but no top guy. I think actually watching this feud with Bret has made me a believer. Dude's amazing.

Oh, and yeah, Bret's look is pretty good. He's never been one of my absolute favorites, either, but I've always been okay with him being a main eventer. There's a place for his character at the top.

Spoilers: Zach.

The Summerslam match is even better

Oh heck yeah. I hope you're right.

Verendus

Banned
If Bryan is returning at the Royal Rumble, WWE may as well give up on giving Reigns that main event at Wrestlemania because fans are going to probably do a repeat of this year. It probably wouldn't have happened if Bryan didn't end up injured and received a normal reign until August, but seeing how he went out, there is going to be a massive fan push behind him to headline again. So if they're really going to give Reigns the spot, they should keep Bryan away until after Wrestlemania. That's a backlash waiting to happen unless he ends up as one half of the main event against Reigns.

This is why Brotista needs to take that title and defend it at Wrestlemania against Bryan. Reigns can go over Cena in the undercard.

somedevil

One of those 3 stories has to be if TNA has a deal or not. Sting finally signing could be the other story.

For the network they need 850,000 to be announced Thursday to consider it a success at getting to 1 million. Alvarez guess is 750,000.

1. Cena goes to Hollywood

2. WWE cancels Smackdown, Superstars, and Main Event.

3. WWE downsizes roster and bolsters it with less expensive Mexican talent (La Parka, Konnan, Nieto del Santo, etc.)

Top Bottom