• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Anth0ny

Wwe.com:

No matter who he steps inside the ring with, John Cena seems to have his opponent's number — but not Brock Lesnar. In their four singles matches, Brock has completely manhandled Cena in each and every one. Relive the brutality.

Extreme rules 2012 getting the hhh/taker at mania 17 treatment

Do you think Daniel Bryan can just put his natural charisma to good use as Brie Bella's valet if he can no longer wrestle?

i'm sure he could. remember when his gimmick was treating his on-screen girlfriend AJ like a piece of shit and the sexist, cis-scum WWE crowds cheered him on?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Here's the 3 big news stories.

1. WWE Network subscription numbers.

2. TNA bought by W-1. BFG will be last show.

3. WWE announces partnership with NJPW to air PPVs on the network starting with the Destruction shows in September.
New Japan Pro Wrestling?!?!

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

KnRPoIK.gif

somedevil

This would break my heart. :(

It isn't happening. His neck is fine they are doing surgery on his elbow to get his strength back in it.

Also, this discussion on his "retirement" is just this. He is not going to be happy.

Well, why don't you get us back on track with one of WrassleGAF's often regurgitated favourites? I'd suggest one of these tried and tested discussion points to really shit up the thread;

. "Is CM Punk ever coming back?"
. "Goddamn, John Cena sucks so much!"
. "Roman Reigns isn't ready."
. "Will Daniel Bryan have to retire?"
. "Can't believe they're not pushing Sandow/Ziggler/whoever."

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I'd subscribe fuck it

The irony of giving WWE your money to watch another product. I wonder if they'd go all the way and start selling licensed mech at the WWE shop? Vince would look at Yano selling his DVD to that one dude in the crowd and be like "GODDAMIT THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT"

you-mad-bro-cena.gif

EDIT: This was probably the most over he'd been in years.

I love the fact that this is actually a reverse gif.

Heel

Personally, I think RBH's return to WrassleGAF is the big news we should be focusing on.

Welcome back, RBH. You are appreciated.

Heel

Saving my appreciation until he reveals his opinion of The Vaudevillians.

tumblr_n7sutnBk611t9xrpso1_500.png

The ultimate litmus test, now and forever.

That picture is truly fantastic. I feel as though the confession implies that a Full Sailer takes The Vaudevillains seriously, and has an appreciation of the subtle, hidden depth of their characters that will be lost on "mainstream fans."

The irony of giving WWE your money to watch another product. I wonder if they'd go all the way and start selling licensed mech at the WWE shop? Vince would look at Yano selling his DVD to that one dude in the crowd and be like "GODDAMIT THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT"
Yano is a better comedy wrestler than anyone on the current roster.

I like how Meltzer and Court are trying to be cagey about it and JR just outright says what the big news story is

Jim Ross giving no fucks might be the best thing to happen to wrestling in a long time

It's a pretty sad statement on WWE booking that they've devalued their product to the point where people won't pay 10$ a month for a PPV along with NXT and the archive.

Guess they should have thrown the "marks" a bone every now and then instead of lolcenawins

Heel

There was a recent front office shake-up at Viacom with their Bellator MMA product, with the reasoning being they wanted to take it to the "next level." Bellator doesn't even do TNA ratings. They also foster a GLORY kickboxing product, that doesn't even pull half of TNA's ratings.

With that knowledge, I feel like Viacom isn't leaving the wrasslin' business, but maybe want to take it to the "next level" as well. What that means, who knows. Maybe they buy into TNA or GFW to take some control of that path to success. Hell, maybe they buy WWE in an attempt to take it to that next level.

That's my pure speculation, anyway.

Top Bottom