• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

There was a recent front office shake up at Viacom with their Bellator MMA product, with the reasoning being they wanted to take it to the "next level." Bellator doesn't even do TNA ratings. They also foster a GLORY kickboxing product, that doesn't even pull half of TNA's ratings.

With that knowledge, I feel like Viacom isn't leaving the wrasslin' business, but maybe want to take it to the "next level" as well. What that means, who knows. Maybe they buy into TNA or GFW to take some control of that path to success. Hell, maybe they buy WWE in an attempt to take it to that next level.

That's my pure speculation, anyway.

Heel with the best pure speculation in WrassleGAF.

Vylash

4qpRb.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers

So... this prompted me to search "Hardcore Holly" on the WWE Network because I wanted to watch one of his matches.

What the FUCK is up with the search results? I figure it'd just bring back the matches or shows he's been in. NO, it also shows the bookmarks of matches which are used for the beginning and end of a match, so your search results are:

Hardcore Holly vs. Crash Holly
PPV 2000

Crash Rolls up Hardcore Holly for a pinfall win

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So how many gimmicks with even a tiny push have NOT gotten over on NXT? Bo Dallas as a face?

Is Full Sail the crowd Vince truly desires, or is it a darker truth.
They just want to like everyone because it's developmental, so they can say 'i liked them before they were on the main show. you non-insiders wouldn't understand'
\

I just watched CJ Parker cut a shitty heel promo, friends. I haven't been this bored since Konnan did a rolling clothesline.
So... this prompted me to search "Hardcore Holly" on the WWE Network because I wanted to watch one of his matches.

What the FUCK is up with the search results? I figure it'd just bring back the matches or shows he's been in. NO, it also shows the bookmarks of matches which are used for the beginning and end of a match, so your search results are:

Hardcore Holly vs. Crash Holly
PPV 2000

Crash Rolls up Hardcore Holly for a pinfall win

Would you prefer to see the one where his back rips open on that one ECW?

Court Bauer @courtbauer · 1m
Expect something to break shortly.

Court Bauer @courtbauer · 2m
It’s going to be one of those nights.

I hope TNA doesn't die

Court Bauer @courtbauer · 1m
Expect something to break shortly.

Court Bauer @courtbauer · 2m
It’s going to be one of those nights.

I hope TNA doesn't die

Just saw that. The way he's talking makes me think either Viacom bought them or WWE did.

If Spike killed the deal, WWE would totally buy them for nothing. They gain tons of footage for DVDs/The Network and can just cherry pick talent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just saw that. The way he's talking makes me think either Viacom bought them or WWE did.

If Spike killed the deal, WWE would totally buy them for nothing. They gain tons of footage for DVDs/The Network and can just cherry pick talent.

WWE could have anyone they wanted from TNA by just saying the word even when TNA was alive. TNA going under isn't gonna change that. If they're in TNA now, they're never going to WWE. WWE has no interest. The only even remote chance is Angle, and like I said, they could've done that whenever. It just lines up with Angle not wanting to renew his contract.

Big One

Banned

Eh I don't see it happening. It's possible I suppose but I doubt WWE considers TNA worthy of any recognition as a promotion. Though I suppose it's bigger than most of the things they have in their library I suppose...

WWE could have anyone they wanted from TNA by just saying the word even when TNA was alive. TNA going under isn't gonna change that. If they're in TNA now, they're never going to WWE. WWE has no interest. The only even remote chance is Angle, and like I said, they could've done that whenever. It just lines up with Angle not wanting to renew his contract.

Eh, I could see them snapping people up for NXT anyways. People in TNA may not have wanted to do that, but if the promotion they're working for goes down, what's the other option? Japan won't take everybody!

Eh I don't see it happening. It's possible I suppose but I doubt WWE considers TNA worthy of any recognition as a promotion. Though I suppose it's bigger than most of the things they have in their library I suppose...

It'd basically just be for footage at this point. Nothing else TNA has is worthwhile.

Either way, my Tazz.gif is at the ready

god please don't hire Tazz

is it an Oompa Loompa gif, because if not you're SLACKIN'

I can't believe it.

Vince Russo is about to cause the death of 2 nationally-televised wrestling companies, and one of which was because they flat-out refused to cut ties with him to the point of lying to everyone involved with them about it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Eh, I could see them snapping people up for NXT anyways. People in TNA may not have wanted to do that, but if the promotion they're working for goes down, what's the other option? Japan won't take everybody!

WWE didn't want the Wolves. While I don't care for either, they line up perfectly with the 'NXT talent.' If WWE doesn't want Wolves for NXT, they don't want anyone on that current roster. MAYBE Madison if they actually need a decent diva on the mic, but I doubt it because AGAIN they would have signed her already.

WWE didn't want the Wolves. While I don't care for either, they line up perfectly with the 'NXT talent.' If WWE doesn't want Wolves for NXT, they don't want anyone on that current roster. MAYBE Madison if they actually need a decent diva on the mic, but I doubt it because AGAIN they would have signed her already.

Now, now. Davey Richards said he wanted to go to TNA instead of WWE. Who would lie about something like that?

Heel

If so, let's hope "Crazzy Steve" of The Menagerie lands a spot on the NXT roster, friends.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The 2Spooky4Me part of TNA potentially dying is that it only had to make it to this October to pass WCW (not JCP+WCW mind you, just from when Turner fully brought the product) for the second longest major promotion in the US.

gurudyne

WWE would totally buy them for nothing.

Why would they want to? They've got a ton of talent as it is and more than enough footage in the archives for the Network. I don't think Vince's wallet's heavy enough right now to justify the ego stroke of buying a derelict competitor.

Vylash

Why would they want to? They've got a ton of talent as it is and more than enough footage in the archives for the Network. I don't think Vince's wallet's heavy enough right now to justify the ego stroke of buying a derelict competitor.

I dunno,I'd buy TNA just to fire Kennedy again

it's my duty to inform you that Mr Lashley is BOTH a Shark Fights Heavyweight AND XFN Heavyweight champion.

....I....

tumblr_lw59xrRUDU1qi3apw.gif

Footage for the Network, a whole lot of it, and for probably peanuts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

The tape library is worth a decent amount. I'm sure Jarrett will be interested as well though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That gif is so goddamn shitty Bronson I hope you fucking delete it from your shitty computer so it never shits up a thread again

shitty

RBH

It'll be interesting to see what happens to TNA's roster if the company does indeed shut down as far as where they all disperse to.

Out of all the people on the roster, Bobby Roode strikes me as the most "WWE-ready" guy.

I'd like to see Brooke and Taryn get another shot also.

That gif is so goddamn shitty Bronson I hope you fucking delete it from your shitty computer so it never shits up a thread again

shitty

You got a problem with Scott Pilgrim boy, because I'll beat the tar outta ya you cocky cock

Also I could see WWE taking like...2 people from TNA, max.

strobogo

Banned
Most of the talent in TNA that are any kind of names are into their 30s or former WWE guys anyway. I think it is too late for most of them to go to NXT with TNA stink on them and then hope something good happens when/if they get called up deep into their 30s. It would be silly for WWE not to at least make an attempt at buying if they can just for the tap library. I'm undecided on how valuable it is for WWE, though.

One on hand, they haven't spent the last 15 years talking about how terrible and stupid TNA is like they did with WCW.

On the other hand, they've completely ignored it, which speaks even more negatively about their attitude towards it to me. If the option to buy TNA comes up for them right now, I bet they are pissed they just finished a Sting DVD and could have had access to almost 10 more years of footage.

Big One

Banned
I can just picture it now...

>Vince comes back to RAW to a huge pop.
>"Welp I did it guys...I bought my OWN COMPETITION. I bought TNA!"
>People in the crowd are confused with people looking at each other asking "What's TNA?"

And then he proceeds to bury TNA's roster by first firing Mr. Kennedy once again.

Let me just post this in the middle of this epic news:

I finally saw ASM2. What the fuck was that? Still not as bad as Man of Steel though.

Emma Stone or Amy Adams?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You got a problem with Scott Pilgrim boy, because I'll beat the tar outta ya you cocky cock

Also I could see WWE taking like...2 people from TNA, max.

Scott Pilgrim is complete trash.

gurudyne

Stone.

If the option to buy TNA comes up for them right now, I bet they are pissed they just finished a Sting DVD and could have had access to almost 10 more years of footage.

Why? That justifies a second DVD not too far into the future/during his HoF induction.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Most of the talent in TNA that are any kind of names are into their 30s or former WWE guys anyway. I think it is too late for most of them to go to NXT with TNA stink on them and then hope something good happens when/if they get called up deep into their 30s. It would be silly for WWE not to at least make an attempt at buying if they can just for the tap library. I'm undecided on how valuable it is for WWE, though.

One on hand, they haven't spent the last 15 years talking about how terrible and stupid TNA is like they did with WCW.

On the other hand, they've completely ignored it, which speaks even more negatively about their attitude towards it to me. If the option to buy TNA comes up for them right now, I bet they are pissed they just finished a Sting DVD and could have had access to almost 10 more years of footage.

His TNA footage is garbage. Hell there's so few honestly good moments that Sting has after Starcade 1997.

There's probably a decent nostalgia run in the future for the Dudley's and Hardy's and maybe something with Angle in an on screen role or some wrestling if they can get him clean. Roode and Aries aren't useless either and EC3 got some decent seasoning over in TNA. Gail Kim is of course the best female wrestler in the country right now but she absolutely sucked in her previous WWE run, probably lack of give a fuck.

Angle's TNA matches are worth it for a DVD.

Top Bottom