• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

So wait

this is it? TNA about to go belly up? For Real this time?

If Spike doesn't renew, I can't imagine anything else they can do. No major station even ponied up for WWE, they sure as shit won't for TNA. And anything less major than Spike or going back to online airing would just be an embarrassment even for TNA.

Scott Pilgrim is complete trash.

iHK9xe16yO6H6.gif

i don't think Cera should've been Pilgrim doe :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
uK8IKqJ.jpg

Zandig?! As in "JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS" Zandig?! He was in the fucking WWE? Holy shit..

No, just making a joke about how bloody Holly got. And that Zandig vs Holly would be a fun match. Holly fell into a table, and it basically ripped his back. It's one of the bloodiest spots I've seen in WWE.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
It'll be interesting to see what happens to TNA's roster if the company does indeed shut down.

Out of all the people on the roster, Bobby Roode strikes me as the most "WWE-ready" guy.

I'd like to see Brooke and Taryn get another shot also.

I get the feeling Wrestle-1 might be interested in some talent. I think they're fans of the Wolves at least.

Oh man, where does this leave Bound For Glory then? Are they still doing it? Will it be it's last hurrah? Will we see TNA end with a PPV in a 2000 seat venue with only 700 silent, confused Japanese people in attendence, that will be outdrawn by NJPW in terms of American PPV numbers?

If Spike doesn't renew, I can't imagine anything else they can do. No major station even ponied up for WWE, they sure as shit won't for TNA. And anything less major than Spike or going back to online airing would just be an embarrassment even for TNA.
So is this breaking tonight, already Monday on the east coast.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
RIP TNA

They had some good talent that deserve better and will hopefully make good money in the indies. I can't see any stars going to WWE though for a while, even Angle is probably only going to get a Legends deal because he's going to die in the ring.

TMZ says same thing. Spike just gave advance notice so they could look for new home.

I doubt they'll find one. I would have said maybe G4, but that's dead.
Some channel might pick them up for like a Saturday night 10-12 spot, but the money would be crap for TNA and they would have to fire everyone of value.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
RIP TNA

They had some good talent that deserve better and will hopefully make good money in the indies. I can't see any stars going to WWE though for a while, even Angle is probably only going to get a Legends deal because he's going to die in the ring.

Eeeh, they just had a fairly successful nostalgia run with the New Age Outlaws and Matt and Jeff are both healthy for the first time in...a long time. Dudleyz could also come back for a cheap nostalgia run next year. EC3 is also being slept on, I know the WWE released him once but the man did honestly improve a ton this past year to the point where he could be solid on the tv, plus he's already NXT trained.

Patryn

Some channel might pick them up for like a Saturday night 10-12 spot, but the money would be crap for TNA and they would have to fire everyone of value.
But honestly, what channel? Fox for one of their sports channels? I just don't see it. If the WWE doesn't have an attractive audience, I'd hate to see what the networks think of TNA's audience.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That makes no sense, why? He hasn't really done anything particularly notable for a long time. The Japanese promotions just hold grudges for a long ass time

Because that's all writers do on the internet. They make torn quad jokes and blame Russo for everything.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
lol

Curious where Viacom goes from here. I just really doubt they're completely out of the wrasslin' business.

Double J has a no compete clause that precludes him from making a deal with Spike, that's why he tried to buy TNA last year.

Top Bottom