• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Spike about to put NJPW on the air.

Deal w it Soulplaya. It'll still be more successful than TNA.

And Jim Ross will commentate it.

Deal w it Sunflower.

And that's why they stopped doing iPPVs.

Deal w it Bronson.

And Spike is going to make Shibata the champion and the new face of wrestling

Deal w it Boootaaaaay.

Sakuraba makes his glorious return to MMA by winning whatever fucking title he would win from UFC. Shibata wins IWGP.

Laughter7 is the new Power Trip. And Brock turns on WWE to side with them, a la Hogan. It has been written.

This is beautiful.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif

fM7dv0W.gif

Remember in Game of Thrones where they lined up all those dudes for Mountain to kill?
http://www.koanicsoul.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/BrockLesnar_original.jpeg[IMG]
No other knight in the realm inspires such terror in our enemies.[/QUOTE]

StylesClash just threw his computer through a plate glass window.

Heel

I support Dragonzord's fantasy booking. NJPW crossover fights with Bellator MMA and GLORY. Sakuraba Kazushi-san fighting Kimbo Slice. Harkens back to the golden years.

F4W said:
A number of media sources have reported that Spike TV will not be renewing Impact Wrestling when the contract expires in just over two months.

There were reports that Carter positioned to her staff at a meeting on Friday that they were leaving Spike on their own volition due to a lack of promotion, but others have confirmed Spike had told Carter they were not going to offer a new deal.

The decision came days after Spike found out that Vince Russo was still working for TNA.

At this point direct sources at Spike did not respond to questions from just after the meeting and most within TNA, including talent, were not aware there was any issue until today when rumors started flying.

This puts the company in grave position. They have UTA representing them in an attempt to get a new television deal, but unless they could get a deal that pays similar to what they were earning on Spike, financially, the company that had been struggling financially with the Spike payments, would not be in good shape.

TNA was founded in 2002 by Jeff and Jerry Jarrett. The company was about to fold when the company's publicist, Dixie Carter, found out they were on the verge of closing and convinced her parents to purchase the company. The company lost tens of millions of dollars, but kept up a glimmer of hope. They were close to folding in 2005 when Spike and WWE had their split, and Spike brought them in for a late Saturday night one hour time slot.

Eventually the show was moved to Thursday, and expanded to two hours. Aside from a brief period when they moved to Monday and drew poor ratings, they did solid above station average numbers on Thursday.

ahahhahahhahahhahaha

gurudyne

The only out of nowhere solution I could even possibly imagine is something crazy like Netflix buying TNA.

Did you know? TNA's video streaming service's subscription numbers are over 9 times larger than WWE's!

When do the 6 month commitments expire? That's truly when the smarks let the bottom fall out of this business.

Right about when the (American) football season starts in earnest, late August/early Sept. The fuck were they thinking here?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still think this Russo thing is a red herring, a swerve if you will. Spike renewed everything else in early May so they were clearly heading this way to begin with.

Russo was definitely writing for them this winter but no one had any proof.

I still think this Russo thing is a red herring, a swerve if you will. Spike renewed everything else in early May so they were clearly heading this way to begin with.

I think they were hemming and hawing about it, hence why TNA went to the Hammerstein to try and pull out all the stops.
And then the Russo thing broke.

A pro wrestling news site just took down the #2 wrestling promotion in the United States.
I can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing.

They were always going to make whatever decision they made about TNA close to its renewal period because WWE's deal was up months before. They wanted a chance at that before they decided about TNA. When they lost, they wanted to extend, but then they discovered the truth about them not cutting ties to Russo, and made the decision they had to make.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gail will likely retire now and live with her rich tv chef husband. Good on her for carrying the entire division on her back after Kong left.
4nvgsdlx.gif

untitled-1__15_.gif

#queen

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still don't want to believe the whole talk of them hiring Russo secretly

This can't be real

Watch the Velvet Sky/Chris Sabin angles from January and February of this year and then watch any Russo era TNA/WCW man talking to a woman skit and you'll see it was clear as day he's been there for months doing backstage shit. There's other good examples too. People asking for five minutes in the ring with someone alone after winning the match, the majority of iMPACTs this year ending in stipulation matches...

I still don't want to believe the whole talk of them hiring Russo secretly

This can't be real

Remember The Death of WCW book, and how unbelievable it all seems, even though you know you've seen most of it play out with your own eyes?

You'll re-experience that the moment The Death of TNA is released. I've watched this company for its whole existence, seen it at its worst, seen it get worse, and still don't believe any of it.

Showaddy

Came home from work and TNA's dead. Been joking about it these last few months but it's actually kinda sad now. Russo works his magic.

Also:

1512447_808228552553123_359517366378994569_n.png

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Do you think they'll let me bring a RIP TNA sign to Raw tomorrow?

I'll tell security that I'm paying tribute to the tag team of Test and Albert. A hidden gem I found while watching the WWE Network. Only $9.99 a month.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hope WWE does buy the library. I'd love to see that shit on the Network. I've never bothered tracking down anything from the pre IMPACT on Spike era besides the Tony Schiavone shoot interview. There's quite a few good to great TNA PPVs and a whole bunch of crazy Russo shenanigans I've only read about on LOLTNA.

Dipz

Banned
Do you think they'll let me bring a RIP TNA sign to Raw tomorrow?

I'll tell security that I'm paying tribute to the tag team of Test and Albert. A hidden gem I found while watching the WWE Network. Only $9.99 a month.
Well if they let a happy anniversary Chris sign through, anything is possible.

dream

Remember The Death of WCW book, and how unbelievable it all seems, even though you know you've seen most of it play out with your own eyes?

You'll re-experience that the moment The Death of TNA is released. I've watched this company for its whole existence, seen it at its worst, seen it get worse, and still don't believe any of it.

why wait for the death of tna when you can read loltna right now?

Carnby

Why does everyone assume that WWE Network's numbers are bad? Maybe they will be really good and that's what the big news is on Thursday.

¡HarlequinPanic!;122968066 said:
I'd love to know what's so alluring about Russo's pedigree that he had to be brought back against Spike's wishes. Who backstage there is pulling for him?
Maybe Dixie thought she could change Russo's bad boy ways, but learned all too quickly that you can't tame the wild stallion that is Vince Russo.

Why does everyone assume that WWE Network's numbers are bad? Maybe they will be really good and that's what the big news is on Thursday.

The constant schilling and desperate tone of it is all. No one really knows. Except Meltzer. Meltzer probably knows.

Sakuraba makes his glorious return to MMA by winning whatever fucking title he would win from UFC. Shibata wins IWGP.

Laughter7 is the new Power Trip. And Brock turns on WWE to side with them, a la Hogan. It has been written.

Oh man I love Saku too much, maybe now he'd be able to beat Wandy now :|

Or maybe if Dwayne Wade can sacrifice his only good knee to Saku :|

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kong's TNA theme was killer.

It's also amazing to look back how much TNA missed the boat on their Knockous division. In 2007, it was as hot as the X Division was in 2005. Wasn't the womens match one of the highest rated matches on impact?

Foffy

Banned
Dayum, TNA is done for. Could they try and salvage themselves by merging with W-1? I've no idea how well that'd work, especially considering Japan doesn't like Russo.

Dipz

Banned
Oh man I love Saku too much, maybe now he'd be able to beat Wandy now :|

Or maybe if Dwayne Wade can sacrifice his only good knee to Saku :|
Someone would have to donate an ear that won't fall off too.

And WTF is the problem with Russo? Wasn't he like the architect of the attitude era?

The Rock has always been the consument professional, putting over younger talent.

You know, this post reminds me of when we saw Rock hug D.Brine. It was his way of passing the torch. But what is The ROck known for, mainly?

1) Charisma
2) Promos

Clearly D.Brine got neither of those, which leads to the 3rd thing Rock is known for, which no doubt D.Brine got:

3) Putting people over

Let's face it, marks: D.Brine is never winning again.

Is there real speculation that Vince will step down if the numbers are that bad?

Vince is a lot of things, but giving up his job is far and away not one of them.

They are a publicly traded company and have their board of directors so, WHO KNOWS??

Fascinating times for the industry.

Top Bottom