• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

jred2k

This will all turn out to be some huge publicity stunt brainstormed by Dixie and Vince Russo. I haven't ever seen TNA mentioned as much as it is being now.

EC3 was one of those things people tried to convince me about newer Impact that was good. I watched him, and it was like the most generic fucking heel gimmick of all time. Like he was the wrestling equivalent of a guy who took a community college class on philosophy and suddenly decided he was an enlightened individual.

The Internet promotion of EC3 reminds me of how DVDVR would try to convince people that Chris Masters, Vladimir Kozlov, and MVP (MVP, of all people) were the secret best wrestlers in the WWE that only "true" wrestling aficionados could appreciate.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
EC3 was one of those things people tried to convince me about newer Impact that was good. I watched him, and it was like the most generic fucking heel gimmick of all time. Like he was the wrestling equivalent of a guy who took a community college class on philosophy and suddenly decided he was an enlightened individual.
Him and Spud together were fun.

It's damn true. I was more impressed with how much better Dixie got compared to her debut era.

Kccitystar

yUvg7wq.gif

Who is this talented young woman?

Taeler Hendrix?

strobogo

Banned
I don't like King's Road. There's supposed to be this emphasis on 'storytelling', but I feel like Misawa, Kawada, and Kobashi just threw it all away for head drops.

He's fucking awful in TNA too.

Definitely in the late 90s and first few years of NOAH. Shit got out of control. That's the shit that led to Misawa dying in the ring.

The Internet promotion of EC3 reminds me of how DVDVR would try to convince people that Chris Masters, Vladimir Kozlov, and MVP (MVP, of all people) were the secret best wrestlers in the WWE that only "true" wrestling aficionados could appreciate.

And that HBK was literally the worst guy on television at the same time.

I don't like King's Road. There's supposed to be this emphasis on 'storytelling', but I feel like Misawa, Kawada, and Kobashi just threw it all away for head drops.

It became more of a signature match format/structure in the 90s, rather than the avenue for in-ring storytelling Baba and Jumbo employed. Also, the crowd came to expect the crazy spots and it became less special as the decade wore on. I still enjoy that era, but prefer the 80s style more these days.

alstein

MVP was and is actually good though. Don't lump him with Kozlov. Masters was better after he got jobbed out.

strobogo

Banned
It became more of a signature match format/structure in the 90s, rather than the avenue for in-ring storytelling Baba and Jumbo employed. Also, the crowd came to expect the crazy spots and it became less special as the decade wore on. I still enjoy that era, but prefer the 80s style more these days.

80s AJPW mixed with the classic NWA style is excellent.

Xater

Nah, it's paraded out as lol Sting when it really should be lol TNA and is used in its correct context today.

If you want to mock Sting, the old scorpion death lock on Magnus gif is pretty tremendous.

That it actually isn't a botch but really something they planned is even more hilarious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Japanese wrestlers growl a lot, Bray Wyatt would fit right in with them

And I mean that in a good way, its awesome.

Heel

If TNA is unable to remain solvent, where will the TNA Nation migrate? Is it possible that they'll start a movement and invade Full Sail?

Alucard

Banned
Still pumped for Impact this Thursday.

The Hardys vs. The Wolves (every review has had glowing praise)

Aries vs. Lashley (if it's 75 percent as good as Hardy/Lashley, I'll be damn happy)

KissVibes

Banned
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/...aults-a-pair-of-pre-teen-children-during-show

Ian Rotten has admitted to portions of this claim today on Facebook and offered an apology of sorts to the mother. In his apology, Rotten calls the mother by the incorrect name and proceeds to explain that while he did push the little girl, he felt justified in that she started the altercation.

He went on to justify his actions by stating he was unsure if the 11 year old girl had a weapon

He also stated the profanity laced verbal altercation with the 9 year old boy was justified stating " that on my part was purely interaction with him and I will not apologize for doing my job".

What a cool guy.

I do not know why, but for some reason Mick Foley's non-wrestler daughter has a t-shirt:
10552451_882872335076239_826244944497779548_n.png

Cashing in on crazy wrestling fans that fetishize women in or loosely connected to this industry? Never would've guessed it'd happen.

Alucard

Banned
Global Force Wrestling is our only hope now, friends. Or will ROH go to another channel and step their game up? Time will tell!

Still pumped for Impact this Thursday.

The Hardys vs. The Wolves (every review has had glowing praise)

Aries vs. Lashley (if it's 75 percent as good as Hardy/Lashley, I'll be damn happy)
This and
perfect way to send Dixie away by sending her through a table.

Top Bottom