• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

I do not know why, but for some reason Mick Foley's non-wrestler daughter has a t-shirt:
10552451_882872335076239_826244944497779548_n.png

It's for poor simps like friend Duncan.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Styles needs to shave and get a haircut >_>

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Sabu became the #1 Contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in a Ladder Match despite never making any appearance prior on the show where the match happened. He then challenged then-champion Ken Shamrock to a Ladder Match, and Shamrock challenged Sabu to a Submission Match. The dueling challenges resulted in a Ladder/Submission match that ended with Malice stealing the Heavyweight Title.
AJ busted into the S.E.X. locker room with a chainsaw, threatened to cut Glenn Gilbertti into pieces, and called him a faggot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching Attitude Era, Shamrock is so convincing of a crazy man who just wants to make you tap out that I completely buy him in a ladder submission match. Like I would have zero problems accepting that.

So Stro.......

When do the Weekly Impact reviews start?

If I wanted to cover the last gasps of a wrestling company I guess I would start with the episodes that come out of the next batch of tapings. Now that the news is public that shit is going to be hilarious.

I just JUMPED up my chair for this PENALTY KICKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this is evo-levels of hype. I forgot wrestling could be like this :(

that match was fucking amazing and that kick after the GTS looked SICK, these guys are crazy

edit: match was shibata vs nakamura day 1 btw
Reading these posts are making my day

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
So Stro.......

If I wanted to cover the last gasps of a wrestling company I guess I would start with the episodes that come out of the next batch of tapings. Now that the news is public that shit is going to be hilarious.
Except impact has been good for the last couple of weeks and this weeks show is supposed to be pretty good.
Most TNA haters don't even watch and if they can sit through 3 hours of boring ass Raw, 2 hours of impact wouldn't seem so bad.

Spider stop. it's dead.

A dead start in my head
And the day's been laid
The things I really want
Always torn from my heart
You never saw the way
How I wanted you to stay
And now when you're gone
I'm on my own

When I was thinking this
Was something permanent
You were already thinking
Of going away

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Russo had become a born again Christian during his time off and wanted to come back to have the opportunity to explain himself on television.

In his first promo back Russo claimed he "did a deal with the devil" and "knelt at the altar of television ratings" by putting "nudity, violence and vulgarity" at the forefront of television. All three of these words received pops. After Russo announced he'd been "forgiven" (i.e. a Christian) the crowd chanted "BULLSHIT".

strobogo

Banned
So Stro.......

With my luck, TNA would last another 8 years as soon as I started watching.

Not angry or negative, but minus is down so I didn't have a good eye roll kind of gif for that clear humble brag.

Nothing wrong with a bit of bragging. Especially when, for years, people said you couldn't run wrestling in central London and, even today, people still say you need imports to draw sizeable crowds in British wrestling. PROGRESS consistently prove both arguments wrong.

So Freddie Prinz Jr. was talking shit about Kiefer Sutherland and this came up:

"I went and worked for Vince McMahon at the WWE for Christ's sake and it was a crazier job than working with Kiefer," he said. "But, at least he was cool and tall. I didn't have to take my shoes off to do scenes with him, which they made me do. Just put the guy on an apple box or don't hire me next time. You know I'm 6 feet and he's 5'4."

https://gma.yahoo.com/why-working-k...rinze-jr-075208341--abc-news-celebrities.html

And from Wikipedia:

Prinze returned to World Wrestling Entertainment on October 1, 2010, in a role as producer and director.[19] On the November 1, 2010 episode of Monday Night RAW, Prinze made an on-screen appearance as Vince McMahon's doctor, a dream sequence scene that coincided with Linda McMahon's attempt to win a seat in the Senate for the state of Connecticut

What?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Spider stop. it's dead.

A dead start in my head
And the day's been laid
The things I really want
Always torn from my heart
You never saw the way
How I wanted you to stay
And now when you're gone
I'm on my own

When I was thinking this
Was something permanent
You were already thinking
Of going away
I'm just having my Dr. Cox moment bro
XU1GqVc.gif

bart jr

Neo Member
Reading these posts are making my day

Same here. I like to see people genuinely enjoy watching wrestling. I feel like some people are just happy finding something to complain about around here, but there really are so many good promotions/wrestlers out there that you'd be hard pressed to NOT find at least one thing you like if WWE isn't doing it for you anymore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
LARIOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yo, AJ got knocked silly by that lariat lol. And that german before it was so fucking well done, this Rainmaker fella is good.

fucking loved day 1, is this on once a week?

bart jr

Neo Member
LARIOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yo, AJ got knocked silly by that lariat lol. And that german before it was so fucking well done, this Rainmaker fella is good.

fucking loved day 1, is this on once a week?

The G1 goes over the span of roughly 3 weeks.

The finals are on August 10th. I lost my shit when I saw Okada hit that german, too. Wait until you see Naito's german, they are consistently awesome.

Rhaknar

are the other days as good as this first one?

Hasney

Oddly enough, after being introduced to Okada and becoming a fan over the weekend, I read he was in TNA as part of the NJPW relationship where he was jabbed out and given a silly gimmick. NJPW knew he would be and did it to give him some humility before his push.

As for the post above, the next 2 days are as good. Day 4 is the shit though. That fighting spirit in Naito vs AJ is amazing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Depends on who you like. There's really no such thing as a 'bad day 'in G1. Just a few unimpressive matches here and there.
Oddly enough, after being introduced to Okada and becoming a fan over the weekend, I read he was in TNA as part of the NJPW relationship where he was jabbed out and given a silly gimmick. NJPW knew he would be and did it to give him some humility before his push.

As for the post above, the next 2 days are as good. Day 4 us the shit though. That fighting spirit in Naito vs AJ is amazing.

Funny enough, Joe actually pushed hard for Okada.

AJ sold the Rainmaker so damn perfectly in that match, awesome job.

Five days have aired so far, but Day 6 isn't until the 31st, then the rest are on the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 8th & 10th.

New Japan's usual schedule outside of tournament season is one big show towards the end of the month, with one or two smaller shows leading up to it.

Rhaknar said:

Day 4 and 5 were both up there in quality, I'd say. Days 2 & 3 had some good matches as well, but not quite as many - I'd recommend Kojima vs Ishii & Yano vs AJ from Day 2, Goto vs Suzuki, Tanahashi vs Kojima & Okada vs Makabe from Day 3.

Alucard

Banned
Except impact has been good for the last couple of weeks and this weeks show is supposed to be pretty good.
Most TNA haters don't even watch and if they can sit through 3 hours of boring ass Raw, 2 hours of impact wouldn't seem so bad.

Impact this week is going to be really damn good based on the card.

Rhaknar

any injuries so far? some of these guys are stiff as shit

also Okada is a tall motherfucker. or maybe AJ is just short

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Injuries are less likely when you work a much more relaxed schedule than WWE. Imagine getting smacked really hard by one guy for one day out of 2 weeks then imagine getting smacked repeatedly every day for 340 days a year.

bart jr

Neo Member

I read that Tanahashi hurt his neck at today's show. He had to go to the hospital, but they are unsure of whether or not he'll have to withdraw.

*EDIT* nevermind, Boots is quicker than me..

Rhaknar

Makabe's jaw was fractured not long before the tournament, so they're playing that injury up a lot - other than that, Tanahashi hurt his neck during today's show and went to hospital for scans, but seems to be OK.

is that the blond dude that had the mouthpiece and kept holding his jaw? that match was one of the stiff as shit ones o_O

in fact I noticed a lot of mouthpieces... and then I saw the stiffness and thought "oh thats why" >_>

seriously, that penalty kick looked ridiculous, maybe the angle hid the fakeness, but it looked like he kicked his fucking head in lol

strobogo

Banned
I do kinda remember though that you'd do it once the end is in sight.

Mother fucker, why don't you mind your god damn bidness you jock ass son of a bitch? I said that while I was drinking. And I had anticipated I would still be drinking by the time TNA was really about to die. However, I am not drinking. And I do not plan to be drinking again. I do not want to start drinking again. Therefore, I do not want to watch Impact.

Toki767

Mother fucker, why don't you mind your god damn bidness you jock ass son of a bitch? I said that while I was drinking. And I had anticipated I would still be drinking by the time TNA was really about to die. However, I am not drinking. And I do not plan to be drinking again. I do not want to start drinking again. Therefore, I do not want to watch Impact.

All the potentially interesting gif-able stuff seems to be before Impact was created. Maybe you should just review the weekly PPVs.

Xater

Just don't have any alcohol around. Problem solved! Well you might lose your sanity but it's worth it for our entertainment right?

Top Bottom