• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
day 1 hirooki goto vs togi makabe!!!

franco-so-good.gif

Yessir. Goto's been awesome, his Yano match was something else. Makabe's grown on me so much lately, one of my favorites.

Showaddy

1382345728944iluux.gif

Considerably more important than some Florida indie losing its safety net.

I work triple overtime for 2 days, for the first time in years and TNA goes under and then Devitt signs. The only 2 days Iv'e been away from my computer in months. Typical.

Alucard

Banned
Top 10 favourite albums of all time in random order

Mogwai - Happy Songs for Happy People
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd - Animals
Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Explosions in the Sky - Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Radiohead - OK Computer
The National - Boxer
Metallica -...And Justice for All

...I think. I dunno. I haven't kept up with music in years. Going through a heavy metal phase at the moment.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yessir. Goto's been awesome, his Yano match was something else. Makabe's grown on me so much lately, one of my favorites.

these last few ones have been awesome. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tomoaki Honma was great. I love the dude that does the dropping headbutt like hes a dead fish lol

I work triple overtime for 2 days, for the first time in years and TNA goes under and then Devitt signs. The only 2 days Iv'e been away from my computer in months. Typical.

Look at it this way: as long as you don't have to do it Thursday, you get to join us and either laugh at or drop jaws at the release of the Network numbers.

Eanan

I know im slowpoking but...

DEVITT!!!!

so happy for him, he deserves it and really hope he gets the top where he deserves to be.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

oh lol of course he is, vs AJ Styles in the last match of day 1

so when I finish day 1, will I have seen everyone in the tournament, and then each day they face a different guy until they have all faced eachother? is that the gist?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
oh lol of course he is, vs AJ Styles in the last match of day 1

so when I finish day 1, will I have seen everyone in the tournament, and then each day they face a different guy until they have all faced eachother? is that the gist?

Yes, and Styles/Okada is incredible.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
It's not supposed to be a dialog. Emo bullshit is emo bullshit. Just stating facts.

Like the fact that TNA sucked.

Some emo music is emo bullshit, but not all.
TNA doesn't always suck, and when it does, it sucks in an entertaining way that isn't dreadfully boring, unlike WWE.

Dixie and Spike have both publicly stated that negotiations "are ongoing" between the two parties at the moment. Hmm.

Of course it's ongoing. It wasn't an outright cancellation, which means they still have to honor the contract until October. What are they going to publicly say, that they're canning TNA but you can still watch them on their program for now? This isn't an interesting shocking twist, this is what we already knew.

ed: How much you wanna bet the one negative review of GOTG was that Armond White troll

You see 20 wrestlers on day 1, but the tournament has 22 participants - each wrestler gets one day of the tournament off, so Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. have day 1 off, Minoru Suzuki & Katsuyori Shibata have day 2 off and so forth. But yeah, eventually all 22 wrestlers in Block A & B will have faced the other 10 wrestlers in their respective blocks, then the wrestlers with the most points out of each block will face off on the final day.

Incidentally, here's the OT for the tournament;

G1 Climax 24 |OT| New Japan Pro-Wrestling

Rhaknar

WHY IS THIS MATCH SO STIFF, STOP HITTING YOURSELVES FOOLS THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FAKE

You see 20 wrestlers on day 1, but the tournament has 22 participants - each wrestler gets one day of the tournament off, so Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. have day 1 off, Minoru Suzuki & Katsuyori Shibata have day 2 off and so forth. But yeah, eventually all 22 wrestlers in Block A & B will have faced the other 10 wrestlers in their respective blocks, then the wrestlers with the most points out of each block will face off on the final day.

Incidentally, here's the OT for the tournament;

G1 Climax 24 |OT| New Japan Pro-Wrestling

oops im sorry, ill stop shitting up the thread :/

WHY IS THIS MATCH SO STIFF, STOP HITTING YOURSELVES FOOLS THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FAKE

oops im sorry, ill stop shitting up the thread :/

what you arent shitting it up at all. continue the convo/talk,

the OT is a good place as well.

when you catch up, there are some G1 matches from last year that I will link.

Yeah, didn't mean to imply you were shitting up the thread at all, I really like seeing new fan's impressions of New Japan as it's just about my favourite promotion going these days :)

Rhaknar

I just JUMPED up my chair for this PENALTY KICKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this is evo-levels of hype. I forgot wrestling could be like this :(

that match was fucking amazing and that kick after the GTS looked SICK, these guys are crazy

edit: match was shibata vs nakamura day 1 btw

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I just JUMPED up my chair for this PENALTY KICKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this is evo-levels of hype. I forgot wrestling could be like this :(

that match was fucking amazing and that kick after the GTS looked SICK, these guys are crazy

edit: match was shibata vs nakamura day 1 btw

Just wait until day 4 homie.

Top Bottom