• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

so it's a #SLOWBURN???

If you think going immediately into a feud is a slow burn, then yeah, I guess so.

Edit: New page = New Ivelisse

ivelisse-v-lez-picture-19.jpg

dream

I didn't think anything could top TNA Knockouts Champion Taylor Wilde moonlighting at Sunglass Hut, but "Emma" getting pinched for shoplifting did just that.

Can't wait till some of the NXT superstars and divas start getting picked up for prostitution at "Full Sail University."

First Emma gets arrested, and now someone's gone and put Horse down.

Can't have a good Raw without spilling some blood, I guess.

EDIT- LOL @ FCW Rollins slam dancing with himself

Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiozaki vs Genichiro Tenryu & Jun Akiyama - (NOAH 2005/04/24)

Oh, there's a metric fuck-ton of things to love about this match. Firstly, Tenryu is a massive prick, as per usual, and tries to throw a table in Kobashi's face, but Kobashi just shrugs it off like nothing and Tenryu actually looks slightly worried. As well he should be, because about five minutes later Kobashi fucking EXPLODES his chest with machine gun chops. The crowd go nuts for any Tenryu/Kobashi interaction, as it's evident neither guy really likes the other very much, but as if that wasn't enough you've also got Akiyama being pissy because Kobashi's ignoring him, so he takes it out on poor Shiozaki, who does a wonderful job as the young lion full of fire trying to stand up to the grumpy old dudes determined to kick the shit out of him. Yeah, this match was fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiozaki vs Genichiro Tenryu & Jun Akiyama - (NOAH 2005/04/24)

Oh, there's a metric fuck-ton of things to love about this match. Firstly, Tenryu is a massive prick, as per usual, and tries to throw a table in Kobashi's face, but Kobashi just shrugs it off like nothing and Tenryu actually looks slightly worried. As well he should be, because about five minutes later Kobashi fucking EXPLODES his chest with machine gun chops. The crowd go nuts for any Tenryu/Kobashi interaction, as it's evident neither guy really likes the other very much, but as if that wasn't enough you've also got Akiyama being pissy because Kobashi's ignoring him, so he takes it out on poor Shiozaki, who does a wonderful job as the young lion full of fire trying to stand up to the grumpy old dudes determined to kick the shit out of him. Yeah, this match was fun.

This sounds incredible. Added for later.

I thought the common belief was Gfex lol. At least someone said it was.

Gfex couldn't type like Horse if his life depended on it.

Emma got got, Horse got got

I SEE A CONNECTION

PS They probably won't do shit to Emma considering that sixth degree larceny is basically as close to 'not a crime' as it gets

dream

Emma got got, Horse got got

I SEE A CONNECTION

PS They probably won't do shit to Emma considering that sixth degree larceny is basically as close to 'not a crime' as it gets

Think of the optics though. At a time when WWE is publicly struggling financially as a result of their flop of a Network, having one of their "Divas" get pinched for shoplifting a $20 iPod case is a very bad look.

I admire your optimism but I don't think this fued will do anything

I think it has a better chance than any other women's feud in WWE. That's not saying much, but it's something. The dumbest thing is that AJ gets the loudest reactions for the Divas because of the fact that she was actually in a program where she could flesh out her character, yet some in WWE wonder why Paige hasn't gotten over to the same degree.

Think of the optics though. At a time when WWE is publicly struggling financially as a result of their flop of a Network, having one of their "Divas" get pinched for shoplifting a $20 iPod case is a very bad look.

This story is so ridiculously under-the-radar. It would be a bad look if it blew up in the media, but there's little chance of that.

this Emma story is great. carnies to the bitter end. surprised WWE doesn't employ a little boy pick-pocketing while people watch the show.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think it has a better chance than any other women's feud in WWE. That's not saying much, but it's something. The dumbest thing is that AJ gets the loudest reactions for the Divas because of the fact that she was actually in a program where she could flesh out her character, yet some in WWE wonder why Paige hasn't gotten over to the same degree.

Well, to be fair, I can't blame marks for not liking Paige when she has this much trouble delivering a promo. She is just too green in that department. Hopefully they'll emphasise on her strengths and let AJ carry the talking segments as much as possible.

Still, very much looking forward to seeing a ten minute match between these two.

NWA Mountain State got more attendance than TNA
image2j8kv3.jpg

Still no sign of the Bunkhouse Boys.

WE DID IT GUYS, GO NWA MOUNTA-

...There's nobody there!

If my limited experience with Walmart Loss Prevention (I worked at Kohl's and they would come in sometimes to disperse info) is any indication, they are fucking assholes who probably wanted charges pressed when she probably forgot it in her cart or some nonsense

Also, I'm legit shook they even let Paige cut a promo longer than 30 seconds live. It won't matter anyway because Paige is probably going to pinball the shit out of AJ for like 4 months now

dream

This story is so ridiculously under-the-radar. It would be a bad look if it blew up in the media, but there's little chance of that.

For now, yeah. But the idea that a TV star, minor celebrity, and contract performer for a financially embattled publicly-traded company has to resort to shoplifting a $20 iPod case is so hilarious that I suspect it will get some press.

If they wanted her to get over they should have had her destroy AJ instant heel heat. I don't think flipping the title is anything but a band aid

Well, to be fair, I can't blame marks for not liking Paige when she has this much trouble delivering a promo. She is just too green in that department. Hopefully they'll emphasise on her strengths and let AJ carry the talking segments as much as possible.

Still, very much looking forward to seeing a ten minute match between these two.

I think she's considerably better in a taped environment, like with the sit-down interview they did with her a while back. That leads me to believe it is more of an experience thing than anything, but going down to NXT won't fix that because NXT crowds aren't 10,000+. And to be fair, none of the Divas are exactly The Rock when it comes to mic skills.

If they wanted her to get over they should have had her destroy AJ instant heel heat. I don't think flipping the title is anything but a band aid

So I guess them flipping the title the night after WM was a band-aid too? This is almost the exact same story with the roles reversed. They did not have the chance to tell the story they wanted after WM because AJ took time off. Now she is back, so they did that angle to be able to tell the story they wanted to tell.

Top Bottom