• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well, to be fair, I can't blame marks for not liking Paige when she has this much trouble delivering a promo. She is just too green in that department. Hopefully they'll emphasise on her strengths and let AJ carry the talking segments as much as possible.

Still, very much looking forward to seeing a ten minute match between these two.

People started turning on Paige before she was cutting promos. Personally I think there's a tendency to ignore the bad booking and blame it on the talent.

somedevil

For now, yeah. But the idea that a TV star, minor celebrity, and contract performer for a financially embattled publicly-traded company has to resort to shoplifting a $20 iPod case is so hilarious that I suspect it will get some press.

I doubt it when that press I bet is focused on a famous MMA fighter slash announcer who was just fired from Fox and UFC for being caught for testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. One drug that nobody who takes even gets a positive results for.

That probably will get the news on how this fighter lied to his former boss and to the people on tv and if more fighters are on that stuff rather than 6th degree larceny.

dream

I doubt it when the press is focused on a famous MMA fighter slash announcer who was just fired from Fox and UFC for being caught for testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. One drug that nobody who takes even gets a positive results for.

That probably will get the news on how this fighter lied to his former boss and to the people on tv and if more fighters are on that stuff rather than 6th degree larceny.

lol@thinking any mainstream press actually gives a shit about the Ultimate, or that the Ultimate gives a shit about the press.

I doubt it when that press I bet is focused on a famous MMA fighter slash announcer who was just fired from Fox and UFC for being caught for testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. One drug that nobody who takes even gets a positive results for.

you can say "Sonnen", you know.

and everyone does PEDs on UFC. most of us support it since it makes the fights better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, AIW are going to have a Hoss Division...I like this. Now, fly in Daisuke Sekimoto.

Hoss Division - I'll watch that. Y'all were talking about something close to that the other day.

zychi

Banned
So y2j is feuding with wyatt, and Paige v aj is happening. Ill just have to record and watch these segments. Im excited for both

Well, to be fair, I can't blame marks for not liking Paige when she has this much trouble delivering a promo. She is just too green in that department. Hopefully they'll emphasise on her strengths and let AJ carry the talking segments as much as possible.

noooo-o.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
- WWE issued the following statement to PWInsider this afternoon in regards to Emma's arrest at a Walmart in Hartford, CT on Monday:

"WWE is aware that Tenille Dashwood (WWE Diva Emma) was arrested for shoplifting. Ms. Dashwood is ultimately responsible for her personal actions."

Oh my. A statement and everything.

Cagey

Banned
People started turning on Paige before she was cutting promos. Personally I think there's a tendency to ignore the bad booking and blame it on the talent.
To turn on someone don't you need to like them first.

She arrived entirely unannounced and if you aren't watching nxt then you have no idea who this random pale chick is. You have no opinion from the get go. I knew she existed and that's about it, and I've been wholly bored by her.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you can say "Sonnen", you know.

and everyone does PEDs on UFC. most of us support it since it makes the fights better.

I support PEDs in any sport, just as long as someone draws a line vs natty and against PED-enhanced. Bring it on. Everything.

I support PEDs in any sport, just as long as someone draws a line vs natty and against PED-enhanced. Bring it on. Everything.

can you imagine a league filled with TRT Belforts? my god, human beings moving ahead of the current timeline, hitting each other with punches that sound like elephant stomps.

@serene

get bent, friend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
can you imagine a league filled with TRT Belforts? my god, human beings moving ahead of the current timeline, hitting each other with punches that sound like elephant stomps.

@serene

get bent, friend.

It'd be great. No limit to your potential, everyone on an even playing field.

I want them allowed because I don't feel people who can skip a test or get around it deserve an advantage. Allowing everyone to be on them can be great.

zychi

Banned
wait, what?

wyatt is gonna get put over by jericho. jericho came back to beat up miz, wyatts came out and beat up jericho

peds in sports aren't a bad thing. i don't understand the stigma behind that. Sonnen has testosterone issues, which many men have, and he wanted to get his wife pregnant(which he apparently did). The meds HIS DOCTOR gave him, haven't completely flushed out of his system yet, and the company the UFC used for the testing was a different company than usual.

People in this thread saying using PEDs is wrong, yet Brock, Cena and Hogan are all big WWE stars. Get off your high horse. The best NBA player uses HGH. The best futbol player grew up and didn't die because of HGH use. Pitchers in baseball use PEDs to stay healthy. NFL players are prescribed cocktails of PEDs every week by team doctors.
tumblr_m7b3bhk4Ba1qc91k6o1_500.jpg

It's part of sports. Get over yourself.

peds in sports aren't a bad thing. i don't understand the stigma behind that. Sonnen has testosterone issues, which many men have, and he wanted to get his wife pregnant(which he apparently did). The meds HIS DOCTOR gave him, haven't completely flushed out of his system yet, and the company the UFC used for the testing was a different company than usual.

Him getting busted for HGH and EPO has absolutely nothing to do with trying to get his wife pregnant. Those two stories are completely separate.

Also, "everyone does it, that makes it okay!" has never been, and will never be, good logic.

Not saying Emma's definitely gone, but it's not like she could be treated as any more of a joke, so releasing her is realistically the only punishment WWE can give her.

People in this thread saying using PEDs is wrong, yet Brock, Cena and Hogan are all big WWE stars. Get off your high horse. The best NBA player uses HGH. The best futbol player grew up and didn't die because of HGH use. Pitchers in baseball use PEDs to stay healthy. NFL players are prescribed cocktails of PEDs every week by team doctors.
tumblr_m7b3bhk4Ba1qc91k6o1_500.jpg

It's part of sports. Get over yourself.

i22bbbzG8jJLZ.gif

zychi

Banned
Him getting busted for HGH and EPO has absolutely nothing to do with trying to get his wife pregnant. Those two stories are completely separate.

Also, "everyone does it, that makes it okay!" has never been, and will never be, good logic.

you should watch the interview he did on fox sports 1. because his stance is the changing of testing facilities that he wasn't allowed to fill out the form and tell UFC officials what he was already on.

if he was trying to hide it, he wouldn't be 100% transparent about what he is on, and why he's on it. he's not blaming the fed-ex guy like Ryan Braun did. Dana KNOWS these guys are on PEDs, but he can't do anything about it the 50 weeks of the year he has no control over what they put in their bodies.

You also realize, with the exception of special treament HGH, you can get all of these "steroids" ie PEDs from your personal doctor?

you should watch the interview he did on fox sports 1. because his stance is the changing of testing facilities that he wasn't allowed to fill out the form and tell UFC officials what he was already on.

if he was trying to hide it, he wouldn't be 100% transparent about what he is on, and why he's on it. he's not blaming the fed-ex guy like Ryan Braun did. Dana KNOWS these guys are on PEDs, but he can't do anything about it the 50 weeks of the year he has no control over what they put in their bodies.

You don't get it. The interview he did on FS1 had nothing to do with this latest bust for HGH and EPO. The test that caught him on those was a completely different test taken two weeks after the first one that got him. Sonnen has yet to speak about the HGH/EPO failure. Neither HGH nor EPO have anything to do with fertility.

Even if he would have "disclosed" HGH and EPO, he still would be in trouble.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
now I know what I'm going to play when I get off from work.

Best goddamn baseball game ever created, only one that stands toe to toe with it is 2020 Super Baseball, which is also fucking dope.

zychi

Banned
You don't get it. The interview he did on FS1 had nothing to do with this latest bust for HGH and EPO. The test that caught him on those was a completely different test taken two weeks after the first one that got him. Sonnen has yet to speak about the HGH/EPO failure. Neither HGH nor EPO have anything to do with fertility.

Even if he would have "disclosed" HGH and EPO, he still would be in trouble.
He also retired. So why is he voluntarily taking tests? He explained he was on EPO to off-set the testosterone he takes for his infertility, which is how you balance yourself back down to normal. Which is also a valid way to get a PED test story to be a mainstream story

HGH, he never explained, so I have nothing to back me there. If you watch ANY sports, even the pre-determined sports like WWE, the NBA and Boxing, there are multiple people in each sport who are clearly on HGH. So what's the big deal if it's controlled by a doctor?

He wouldn't be in trouble if he explained why he's on it. The changing of testing facilities the first time is what he claims Dana is not coming out publicly to help him with.

I'm not even a Sonnen guy, and you clearly don't get it so I'm done.

Sonnen explained why he failed the initial test, citing the drugs he tested positive for were needed as he transitioned off testosterone replacement therapy. However, his response to MMAFighting regarding the second failed test is below:
“Yes, the Commission is aware of other prescribed medications I was taking and I will not challenge their allegations. I will cooperate with the Commission and look forward to having a dialogue about how fighters who transition off TRT can avoid violating any rules.”

Chamber

love on your sleeve
To turn on someone don't you need to like them first.

She arrived entirely unannounced and if you aren't watching nxt then you have no idea who this random pale chick is. You have no opinion from the get go. I knew she existed and that's about it, and I've been wholly bored by her.

Well, of course. They haven't given anyone a reason to care about her. WWE thinks they can get people over by putting a belt on them and it never works out. It's worse for a diva because they aren't given full length matches.

Top Bottom