• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Little League World Series for the NES.

You and one of my buddies say this, and it just...no!

New page, new bad shit:
lr3eQFZ.jpg

He also retired. So why is he voluntarily taking tests? He explained he was on EPO to off-set the testosterone he takes for his infertility, which is how you balance yourself back down to normal. Which is also a valid way to get a PED test story to be a mainstream story

HGH, he never explained, so I have nothing to back me there. If you watch ANY sports, even the pre-determined sports like WWE, the NBA and Boxing, there are multiple people in each sport who are clearly on HGH. So what's the big deal if it's controlled by a doctor?

He hadn't retired when they came in for the second test. And I just don't believe the "everyone is doing it, so it's okay" argument stands up. Especially not for HGH, which has little use outside of enhancing performance. It gives you an advantage over people competing naturally within the rules, so it is unfair. End of story.

- WWE issued the following statement to PWInsider this afternoon in regards to Emma's arrest at a Walmart in Hartford, CT on Monday:

"WWE is aware that Tenille Dashwood (WWE Diva Emma) was arrested for shoplifting. Ms. Dashwood is ultimately responsible for her personal actions."
Oh my. A statement and everything.

This to me reads like she is so fired... :/

Even if she isn't, wouldn't this fuck up her work visa?

zychi

Banned
He hadn't retired when they came in for the second test. And I just don't believe the "everyone is doing it, so it's okay" argument stands up. Especially not for HGH, which has little use outside of enhancing performance. It gives you an advantage over people competing naturally within the rules, so it is unfair. End of story.

Please explain how HGH enhances your ability to throw a football, hit a 90mph baseball, teachs you proper footwork and wrestling ability in MMA, and teaches you proper boxing skills.

I guess Messi should be kicked out of the World Cup then. I mean he grew up taking HGH. It sure made him an excellent defender in soccer. And he is clearly the best athlete in the MMA now too

Well, to be fair, I can't blame marks for not liking Paige when she has this much trouble delivering a promo. She is just too green in that department. Hopefully they'll emphasise on her strengths and let AJ carry the talking segments as much as possible.

Still, very much looking forward to seeing a ten minute match between these two.

unless you're a member of the shield, never ever ever expect someone's strengths to be emphasized.

that's the first mistake in wishing for anyone's success.

Please explain how HGH enhances your ability to throw a football, hit a 90mph baseball, teachs you proper footwork and wrestling ability in MMA, and teaches you proper boxing skills.

I guess Messi should be kicked out of the World Cup then. I mean he grew up taking HGH. It sure made him an excellent defender in soccer. And he is clearly the best athlete in the MMA now too

If you don't understand how HGH gives people an unfair advantage, then it's hopeless, but I'll explain anyways. No, HGH does not enhance your basic ability to do any of those things. What it does allow is for you to train more often and for longer without stopping or risking injury. It allows injuries to heal at a faster rate. It allows muscle to build quicker, fat to go down faster. It allows fighters to be quicker and hit harder. It allows baseball and football/soccer players to have more stamina and recover from injuries faster. So, yes, HGH does not teach you basic abilities, but it allows you to practice and maintain those abilities considerably more than those who are not using it.

Until PEDs are legalized in sports (which I honestly have no complaints against) I am going to shit on anyone caught using them. The guys following the rules shouldn't be the chumps getting left behind.

There will always be athletes who won't break the rules, and they are the ones we should be celebrating. We shouldn't be making excuses for the rule breakers like 'everyone does it' because many guys don't, and the solution isn't to encourage the people following the rules to break them.

Make them legal. Make part of that that athletes need to have their health regularly monitored by doctors for the known side effects if they want to use them.

I don't want to see anyone's hearts exploding.

Cagey

Banned
Well, of course. They haven't given anyone a reason to care about her. WWE thinks they can get people over by putting a belt on them and it never works out. It's worse for a diva because they aren't given full length matches.

Other than an excellent submission finisher, she hasn't given me any reason to care about her, either. From watching her for a few months, she's "the pale one" of the WWE women, not "the really good at wrestling and super talented I swear, bruhs" one.

She's got some autonomy to be better than garbage whether she wins or loses a match, and she's been as thoroughly outclassed by Alicia effing Fox.

Hasney

I don't care who uses PEDs, it's their body. I just think that in those countries that have healthcare, they get disqualified from using it and have to pay up so it is fully their responsibility.

I'll watch goddamn athletics the day cybernetic implants are legal and they're running close to the speed of sound. probably have to live a few more lifetimes for that though.

Other than an excellent submission finisher, she hasn't given me any reason to care about her, either. From watching her for a few months, she's "the pale one" of the WWE women, not "the really good at wrestling and super talented I swear, bruhs" one.

She's got some autonomy to be better than garbage whether she wins or loses a match, and she's been as thoroughly outclassed by Alicia effing Fox.

No, that would be the booking as well. It happened so much after the main roster and didn't happen at all in NXT, so clearly there's an agent going through their match and saying that the best way is for Paige to be beaten up until she hits a fluke move and gets the win.

It's fucking dumb booking and they do it with faces all the time, albeit usually with more than one fluke move.

Even Daniel Bryan has said that it is very difficult to do anything interesting in 5 minute matches.

dream

Until PEDs are legalized in sports (which I honestly have no complaints against) I am going to shit on anyone caught using them. The guys following the rules shouldn't be the chumps getting left behind.

There will always be athletes who won't break the rules, and they are the ones we should be celebrating. We shouldn't be making excuses for the rule breakers like 'everyone does it' because many guys don't, and the solution isn't to encourage the people following the rules to break them.

Make them legal. Make part of that that athletes need to have their health regularly monitored by doctors for the known side effects if they want to use them.

I don't want to see anyone's hearts exploding.

I respectfully disagree, plagiarize. I think that when everyone is using, making the conscious choice to compete clean means that you are not serious about winning.

And I say that as the world's biggest BJ Penn fan whom, while I respect his convictions, I wish would start gormandizing himself on horse steroids just so he can compete fairly.

So I guess them flipping the title the night after WM was a band-aid too? This is almost the exact same story with the roles reversed. They did not have the chance to tell the story they wanted after WM because AJ took time off. Now she is back, so they did that angle to be able to tell the story they wanted to tell.

It was a shit story the night after Mania. And it's a shit story now.

zychi

Banned
If you don't understand how HGH gives people an unfair advantage, then it's hopeless, but I'll explain anyways. No, HGH does not enhance your basic ability to do any of those things. What it does allow is for you to train more often and for longer without stopping or risking injury. It allows injuries to heal at a faster rate. It allows muscle to build quicker, fat to go down faster. It allows fighters to be quicker and hit harder. It allows baseball and football/soccer players to have more stamina and recover from injuries faster. So, yes, HGH does not teach you basic abilities, but it allows you to practice and maintain those abilities considerably more than those who are not using it.

If you actually believed that a world class athlete taking HGH can let them "train more often and for longer without stopping or risking injury," you have never actually trained for anything physical in your life. Sonnen training for a fight while taking HGH, isn't going to prevent his labrum from tearing when lifting. It isn't going to prevent a hamstring pull when he goes for a takedown.

You would also know that that IGF-1 is actually better at this then HGH and is harder to detect.

And who's fault is it that athletes are trying to come back quicker because they are without guaranteed contracts? When a normal person gets a career, they sign a guaranteed contract for their salary. with some obvious stipulations. UFC fighters don't get paid until after the fight. NFL players can be cut without notice. If these billion dollar companies don't want PEDs, they would guarantee contracts. They sure as shit don't seem to mind when someone gets caught.

PEDs are a social stigma that none of these companies actually care about. If JoeShmo didn't run a smear campaign against them when Barry Bonds was hitting home runs, no one would have cared, just like they didn't care when McGuire and Sosa were doing it, legally. PEDs are just a PR push for sports.

Hasney

So I guess them flipping the title the night after WM was a band-aid too? This is almost the exact same story with the roles reversed. They did not have the chance to tell the story they wanted after WM because AJ took time off. Now she is back, so they did that angle to be able to tell the story they wanted to tell.

I feel it was in hindsight. The wound being AJ leaving and having no competent divas division.

If this was long term booking then WWE are in worse shape than I imagined.

Somehow Cameron managed to hold on to her job after drunk driving. Would be weird for Emma to get fired for this.

Possibly deported though, or at the least, trouble when her visa comes up for renewal.

And who's fault is it that athletes are trying to come back quicker because they are without guaranteed contracts? When a normal person gets a career, they sign a guaranteed contract for their salary. with some obvious stipulations. UFC fighters don't get paid until after the fight. NFL players can be cut without notice. If these billion dollar companies don't want PEDs, they would guarantee contracts. They sure as shit don't seem to mind when someone gets caught.

Bullshit. The MLB has fully guaranteed contracts and guys still get busted for PEDs more than most other sports leagues.

Let's say we have two teams in the same division. Both lose a star player to the same injury. One, competing with HGH, comes back in a week. The other, competing naturally, takes longer, maybe up to a month. That's unfair advantage. Bottom line.

I feel it was in hindsight. The wound being AJ leaving and having no competent divas division.

If this was long term booking then WWE are in worse shape than I imagined.

AFAIK, they made the decision to put the belt on Paige before they knew AJ was leaving. They wanted to have a feud between to two, then AJ decided to take time off. So there was no wound at the time they made the decision.

jred2k

The refill count says zero. Recently turning 21 has it's benefits though.

I honestly don't know what's actually preventing me from quitting altogether? Can we have a legit discussion about this? Everytime I watch a non wwe event that I'm liking, 100 percent I think this should be on WWE. I think about WWE when I watch ROH. New Japan makes this distinction by using the Japanese language and that's making it be a cut above the rest. I try to watch older stuff that Dragonzord post but I'm not enjoying it either cause I have a shit attention span and the athleticism today is head and shoulders above it all. So I can't enjoy those. I've been growing up with WWE as a child and only WWE. Can't create the level of commitment with nothing else. I'm really just experiencing an existential crisis about all of this since dare I say, Benoit's murder/suicide. I'm sorry but it's how I feel. This is the first raw in a long time where I really felt this negatively. Am I too much of a mark?

All the opinions I hate are growing louder and bigger. To a point where I can't even trust myself.

Am I going insane?

Who am I talking to?

Hello?

Someone help.

I wasn't able to post last night, but what's the deal with this? Duncan, are you alright? Have you calmed down since then? If last night's Raw did that to you how the fuck did you make it through April and May?

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Agree to disagree. I certainly don't feel Alicia doing 8 backbreakers in a row is a better display of wrestling but what the fuck do I know?

Heel

On a related note, in his recent The MMA Hour interview, "Stone Cold" Steven Austin said he was drug tested "1 or 2 times, maybe" in his entire stint in the WWE.

zychi

Banned
Bullshit. The MLB has fully guaranteed contracts and guys still get busted for PEDs more than most other sports leagues.

Let's say we have two teams in the same division. Both lose a star player to the same injury. One, competing with HGH, comes back in a week. The other, competing naturally, takes longer, maybe up to a month. That's unfair advantage. Bottom line.

You mean like the Kobe knee surgery flying to Germany to get a surgery that is illegal in America?

versus the Derrick Rose knee surgery?

I guess we should ban surgeries in sports too.

You mean like the Kobe knee surgery flying to Germany to get a surgery that is illegal in America?

versus the Derrick Rose knee surgery?

I guess we should ban surgeries in sports too.

If it gives unfair advantage, then it absolutely should be. That goes for anything and everything. Like I said, bottom line.

Emma:

HARTFORD — A female WWE wrestler was arrested on a shoplifting charge Monday, police said.

Tenille Dashwood of Winter Park, Fla. was charged with sixth-degree larceny after she stole an item from Wal-Mart, police said. The alleged theft was reported to police about I p.m.

Dashwood, whose ring name is "Emma," appeared in community court Tuesday. She was told to do community service, according to her lawyer, Hubert Santos.

Santos said outside the courtroom that his client's arrest stemmed from a mistake. She was using the self-checkout machine at the Hartford Walmart when she bought about $30 of items but forgot to pay for a case for an electronic device, he said.

http://www.courant.com/community/hartford/hc-hartford-wwe-arrest-0702-20140701,0,1640564.story
tumblr_mu992iIckl1snkshfo4_400.gif

zychi

Banned
If it gives unfair advantage, then it absolutely should be. That goes for anything and everything. Like I said, bottom line.

So Tommy John surgery should be illegal too.

Nike shouldn't be able to give contracts to athletes.

Adidas shitty basketball shoes that have killed NBA careers should be allowed.

Gatorade shouldn't be allowed on the field over Powerade

My favorite, all baseball teams should play night games, My Cubs shouldn't be forced to do day games because it's "historical" and the neighborhood would hate it.

And I say that as the world's biggest BJ Penn fan whom, while I respect his convictions, I wish would start gormandizing himself on horse steroids just so he can compete fairly.

agree 100%.

folks against it probably didn't see Belfort sending a 220lb man AIRBORNE with an uppercut:

gancho.gif

So Tommy John surgery should be illegal too.

Nike shouldn't be able to give contracts to athletes.

Adidas shitty basketball shoes that have killed NBA careers should be allowed.

Gatorade shouldn't be allowed on the field over Powerade

My favorite, all baseball teams should play night games, My Cubs shouldn't be forced to do day games because it's "historical" and the neighborhood would hate it.

Sure, extrapolate my position out to incomparable extremes. Whatever you say.

Top Bottom