• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

Toki767

I'm just saying. If your idea of what a wrestler should look like is Vince McMahon's idea, then the state of wrestling has probably passed you by.

UFC has shown that you don't need to have a ton of muscles or lift 800 pounds or even look pretty to be taken seriously as an actual fighter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just saying. If your idea of what a wrestler should look like is Vince McMahon's idea, then the state of wrestling has probably passed you by.

UFC has shown that you don't need to have a ton of muscles or lift 800 pounds or even look pretty to be taken seriously as an actual fighter.

UFC also doesn't put McGregor in the ring with Velasquez

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will be that guy...but I feel Balor's in-ring stuff is even more boring than Roman 's.

Twist: I don't find Roman all that boring in the ring anymore.

Roman's had a lot of better matches than Finn has had. And you can't say Roman just got fed good oppoennts, because so did Finn.

Pikma

Banned
Speaking of the Usos

Uce #whatever (because I cannot tell them apart) got buried by Tyler fucking Breeze on main event.

Breezango were definitely the guys who benefited the most from that Golden Truth 8 month build up

Speaking of the Usos

Uce #whatever (because I cannot tell them apart) got buried by Tyler fucking Breeze on main event.

Breezango were definitely the guys who benefited the most from that Golden Truth 8 month build up
I heard Jey wasn't even ringside with him, true?

I will be that guy...but I feel Balor's in-ring stuff is even more boring than Roman 's.

Twist: I don't find Roman all that boring in the ring anymore.
I find Balor to be as dull as dishwater TBQH, although I'm gonna chalk a lot of that up to how WWE want him to be cause the few NJPW matches I've seen of him I've enjoyed.

Jack Gallagher's my man in the CWC Tournament.
Saw Jack Gallagher at an indie show a few months ago. Guys legit.

Toki767

Balor could use more color in his wardrobe at the least.

He looks plain as hell in black trunks and black boots.

Also I didn't realize it until now, but during his NXT title reign that lasted almost a year, he only defended the title against Kevin Owens, Apollo Crews, and Samoa Joe. He got stuck in that tag team tournament immediately after Takeover Brooklyn last year. No wonder his title reign felt so lackluster.

ZSJ could definitely benefit from bulking up a little in terms of improving his look though it might come at a cost of his in ring work.

klonere

Banned
Yeah even though I greatly enjoy ZSJ's in ring, his look sucks for the WWE. When the unique part of your look on the indies is that you are skinnier than indie dudes, I think you are going to have issues in the WWE. Between his in ring style and his body I'd probably hold off on signing him if it was my call buuuttt he's got a ton of hype so. His type of match can get over with casuals, the last OTT show had a very grappling heavy match with World of Sport spots in front of a very mixed crowd and got a lot of love.

JambiBum

I don't care about how ZSJ looks, but his wrestling just bored me to death. Maybe a later match will be different for me and I'll reserve judgement until I see him face someone else but that match did nothing for me compared to some of the others in the CWC.

It does. Charlotte had like her name in one and then in the other was of her logo with the eye and the dotted sparkle things. Sasha will have her own come Monday presumably.

maxresdefault.jpg

Left one says Legit
Right one says Boss

Or they goofed

EDIT: Also Sabre is great, smh

Balor could use more color in his wardrobe at the least.

He looks plain as hell in black trunks and black boots.

I agree, but then again guys like Stone Cold and Rock only wore plain trunks. Granted they had a lot more charisma in the ring. I just don't want to see them trotting out the demon angle every other match.

Menome

Nothing says Kayfabe is dead like a Eva Marie push

I've been highly critical of Eva Marie, but I think I could be swayed by the narration gimmick. It does depend on her having gotten at least a bit better in-ring during her time off-screen.

A 6 foot tall cruiserweight should not have 20 lbs to spare on weigh-in day, end of story. He is very talented and charismatic, but he needs the gym just as much as ZZ does.

Let us now praise WrassleCusack.

679B2Bw.jpg

rPBheN7.jpg

I still say bring in The Brian Kendrick as a mixed tag with Eva and the money is there.

Also I'm sad Graves isn't on Smackdown because him shitting constantly on Becky Lynch while propping up Eva Marie would have been gold.

klonere

Banned
I wonder if CIMA created Peter Kassa deep in the lab where they produce Dragon Gate water.

It's like they smashed Elgin and PAC together or something.

As someone who doesn't harp on wrestler's bodies at all that much i'm sorry to say ZSJ is the exception. A twig like him shouldn't be able to control limbs with guys double his muscle mass like that, believability be damned. Like he can control a guy like Kalisto on the mat but no way in hell with someone like Apollo Crews. That being said he's very talented but this is the first instance for me that a wrestler's look was detrimental of my enjoyment of their work. Idk It's weird. Might just be something to get used to as I'm not too well versed in ZSJ's matches.

HOW BOUT SOME RECOMMENDATIONS FROM YOU GUYS? I wanna learn!

I'm absolutely not against ZSJ getting some bulk, and I reckon some time in the PC will give him that.

I'm also firmly on Boots' side.

As someone who doesn't harp on wrestler's bodies at all that much i'm sorry to say ZSJ is the exception. A twig like him shouldn't be able to control limbs with guys double his muscle mass like that, believability be damned. Like he can control a guy like Kalisto on the mat but no way in hell with someone like Apollo Crews. That being said he's very talented but this is the first instance for me that a wrestler's look was detrimental of my enjoyment of their work. Idk It's weird.

I don't think you understand how grappling works

I don't think you understand how grappling works

Yeah probably. I mean I'm basing it off the fact that someone's natural strength should straight up reject any kind of lock ZSJ would attempt on them, cause the dude's a living pencil. Is his gimmick is that he does? I don't know man. His CWC match was like the third thing I've ever watched from him.

I mean I'm basing it off the fact that someone's natural strength should straight up reject any kind of lock ZSJ would attempt on them, cause the dude's a living pencil.

Ridiculous hyperbole aside, he uses leverage to manipulate his opponent's limbs. Also, you're making out like he's some fucking weakling - anyone who can go toe-to-toe with the likes of Shibata hardly fits that category.

0hrbqFh.jpg

Top Bottom