• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

I'm sorry man, it's what my perception dictates at the moment! ZSJ seems like a cool dude.

He ain't no Ho Ho tho!

dCaqvaS.png

Changing topics; What do you think the Universal Championship is gonna look like?

The only thing from Smackdown I really hated was Miz vs Orton. You guys have two belts on your roster, don't fucking make one champ look like an absolute chump. Miz deserves better then that shit.

I mean 90% (made up number) of martial arts is about controlling larger opponents, controlling their limbs and movement, using their size against them to throw them, etc etc

As someone who doesn't harp on wrestler's bodies at all that much i'm sorry to say ZSJ is the exception. A twig like him shouldn't be able to control limbs with guys double his muscle mass like that, believability be damned. Like he can control a guy like Kalisto on the mat but no way in hell with someone like Apollo Crews. That being said he's very talented but this is the first instance for me that a wrestler's look was detrimental of my enjoyment of their work. Idk It's weird. Might just be something to get used to as I'm not too well versed in ZSJ's matches.

HOW BOUT SOME RECOMMENDATIONS FROM YOU GUYS? I wanna learn!

If nothing else, Sabre looks completely credible against Fat Chris Hero. I wrote about the match they had during WM weekend this year and at a later Evolve show, and there are gifs throughout you can check to see what Sabre does to a bigger man.

Pikma

Banned
The only thing from Smackdown I really hated was Miz vs Orton. You guys have two belts on your roster, don't fucking make one champ look like an absolute chump. Miz deserves better then that shit.
Miz is a coward champ, the only reason he hasn't lost the belt is because either Maryse has cheated for him or he simply has lucked out of situations. Miz has never been booked as a strong champ. Though I agree that match shouldn't have happened

We never got the Minowaman-style run from Bryan, but we could get it from Sabre.

The beauty of the Yujiwara armbar is that it's about angle and control, not size.
Q0VH4q.gif

Caderfix

The Miz should never be the champ of anything ever again. Miz TV is not entertaining and his current gimmick sucks. I can take small doses of what he's got to offer and actually enjoy it, but seeing him for more than 5 min in a promo is painful. Also, Maryse is bad, simply bad.

Miz is a coward champ, the only reason he hasn't lost the belt is because either Maryse has cheated for him or he simply has lucked out of situations. Miz has never been booked as a strong champ. Though I agree that match shouldn't have happened
My main complaint is really the fact they just had one of their two champions lose pretty easily. The two RKO's spot was just a complete piss-take. It would have been nice for them to wait past the first episode at least. You could have easily given someone else up to Randy if the plan is basically have Orton beat random people in the build-up to his match with Lesnar.

Kurita

The Miz should never be the champ of anything ever again. Miz TV is not entertaining and his current gimmick sucks. I can take small doses of what he's got to offer and actually enjoy it, but seeing him for more than 5 min in a promo is painful. Also, Maryse is bad, simply bad.
You suck and will never be a champ!

bjork

You know what was a mistake? When Cena was the Dr of Thuganomics, he never made the belt into a giant necklace, ala Flavor Flav's clock.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer says that the fight between Gotch and Sin Cara was Sin Cara throwing an unopened can of soda at Gotch.

He also says Gotch has heat because he runs his mouth.

klonere

Banned
If nothing else, Sabre looks completely credible against Fat Chris Hero. I wrote about the match they had during WM weekend this year and at a later Evolve show, and there are gifs throughout you can check to see what Sabre does to a bigger man.

These matches are SO GOOD. I would implore any of you guys to seek it out if you can. Great big man vs small man story. The whole rivalry is excellent.

Meltzer says that the fight between Gotch and Sin Cara was Sin Cara throwing an unopened can of soda at Gotch.

He also says Gotch has heat because he runs his mouth.

Maybe they were trying to resurrect the WCW Hardcore belt

miserable

He's got 8-10 points in the past 5 G1's, as well as winning the 2009 G1 and finishing top of his block in the 2008 & 2007 G1's - he gets one more win at most, I'd say

I'm salty 'cause I was rooting for Tenzan and now I realize he ain't gonna make the finals. It'll probably be Okada or Marufuji, right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ZSJ is great. But its not for everyone.

Like Cagey mentioned, the 'believability' has changed a bit. I still very much love the idea of the biggest motherfuckers on the planet getting together to do war, but I can also appreciate emaciated, skinny shits flying around.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer criticizes Michael Cole for calling Sheamus's move "10 Beats of the Bowrantine" (a made-up gibberish word) but the report is made more unfortunate by Meltzer calling it "10 Beats of the Bowery." (An area of Manhattan historically known for prostitution and vagrants).

(The move is actually called the "10 Beats of the Bodhrán," a bodhrán being a traditional Irish frame drum.)

bjork

but it's not like she's virtually unknown. Other NXT call ups have gotten at least SOMETHING.

True, but I've seen a couple of her NXT matches and it didn't seem like she got much down there, either. I hope it works out for all of them, but WWE not knowing what to do with their ladies is nothing new. :\

Cagey

Banned
Glad to see I'm not crazy re: ZSJ. He doesn't need to tip the scales at 245 or anything, but in the context of cruiserweights he jumps out as particularly skinny. A year at the Performance Center if he has the work ethic and he'll be fine.

If he doesn't, maybe he'll be a reverse Chris Hero and return to the indies thinner than ever. Would make for a visually amusing odd couple tag team.

It's in his contract that he can't be suspended AND can't be tested 😂😂😂
Brock-Lesnar-Wink.gif

I'm salty 'cause I was rooting for Tenzan and now I realize he ain't gonna make the finals. It'll probably be Okada or Marufuji, right?

Oh yeah, I was rooting for Tenzan too - Tenzan's final stand is a way more compelling story that Makabe doing his usual strong G1 run
. Everyone's still in the running to win the block, wouldn't be surprised to see Okada or Marufuji take it, but I think Tanahashi's going to play spoiler for Okada on the penultimate show and cost him his place. Got a feeling they're going to do a 30 minute draw again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, I was rooting for Tenzan too - Tenzan's final stand is a way more compelling story that Makabe doing his usual strong G1 run
. Everyone's still in the running to win the block, wouldn't be surprised to see Okada or Marufuji take it, but I think Tanahashi's going to play spoiler for Okada on the penultimate show and cost him his place. Got a feeling they're going to do a 30 minute draw again.

I have a feeling Marufuji will take his block, kind of like you said Tana would spoil Okada. That'll never die :)

Angry Grimace

True, but I've seen a couple of her NXT matches and it didn't seem like she got much down there, either. I hope it works out for all of them, but WWE not knowing what to do with their ladies is nothing new. :
Her entire NXT run was with Enzo and Cass other than the last 4 months. It's not really fair to act like she should have a different gimmick.

They really should have put her back with them. She was an entertaining part of the act even if she wasn't necessary and she got pops by association.

klonere

Banned
Well at least we got a really strong showing from Tenzan. Nagata and him have made a huge impression on me in the last few months. Japanese vets are a different breed of wrestler, that's for sure.

I don't think anyone can complain about Marufuji winning the Block with his great performances this G1. Also shoutout to Fale who has been very entertaining. He's gotten his match down pat right now but still works in what the other guy offers very well. Tama and his pants have been underwhelming and offensive respectively. This is probably his last big run as well, which is sad. But he never really brought the goods except against a select few (Goto namely).

Tama and his pants have been underwhelming and offensive respectively. This is probably his last big run as well, which is sad. But he never really brought the goods except against a select few (Goto namely).

Actually thought his match today was pretty good, the
win over Tanahashi almost made me believe on a couple of those near-falls towards the end. Hopefully he picks up the pace and finishes the tournament with some better performances - at least the match vs Fale on the last Block A show should be interesting

Top Bottom