• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

jmdajr

I'd imagine it's been part of the Wellness policy from the beginning and nobody's noticed because a "big" name didn't need it

Regardless, how the fuck do you put a stipulation in a contract that says that person can not be suspended by you?? Like...don't you think for even an instant that maybe there's a reason he wanted that?

This is red flag as hell. Wouldn't be shocked at all to hear he's been on roids at least since coming back in '12, likely far longer. In fact, it's what I'm calling, because you know he and they will never go on record about it.

Fuck Br*ck.

But immune from suspension absolute? What if he like decked Sabel?

Whatever the case. With the way politics is now no one is even going to look at any of this. We have bigger shit to worry about.

It could come back to haunt them at a later date.

ed: ^^ His contract says WWE can't suspend him. Period.

And we as viewers care about doping in fake sports, because why?

MMA is not fake and one of my favorite UFC fighters has now fought 3 cheaters, and been screwed out of legitimate fights and results he spent months actually preparing for, in a row because of this fuck.

If you want to extend it to wrestling (which is fake), congrats on being oblivious to a real epidemic that has claimed the real lives of numerous major names in the last 19 years.

Anth0ny

I kinda like the idea of guys not dropping dead from enlarged hearts in their 40s.

true, but it's interesting that there's no real uproar about actors using steroids for movies

but there's an uproar about actors using steroids for simulated combat. thanks benoit you fuck

jmdajr

MMA is not fake and one of my favorite UFC fighters has now fought 3 cheaters, and been screwed out of legitimate fights and results he spent months actually preparing for, in a row because of this fuck.

If you want to extend it to wrestling (which is fake), congrats on being oblivious to a real epidemic that has claimed the real lives of numerous major names in the last 19 years.

Well for sure the policy isn't just about roids which we focus way to much on. Roids alone won't end you.

edit: yeah. Congress won't go after Hollywood.

Wrestling is fuked up. People make fun of it for being fake, and then want testing like it's a sport. But based on the spotlight because of idiots like Benoit, they have to.

Tom Nook

I'd imagine it's been part of the Wellness policy from the beginning and nobody's noticed because a "big" name didn't need it

Regardless, how the fuck do you put a stipulation in a contract that says that person can not be suspended by you?? Like...don't you think for even an instant that maybe there's a reason he wanted that?

This is red flag as hell. Wouldn't be shocked at all to hear he's been on roids at least since coming back in '12, likely far longer. In fact, it's what I'm calling, because you know he and they will never go on record about it.

Fuck Br*ck.

It's shady as hell. It's funny Brock got caught when he's entering the octagon. I bet Vince is screaming in his head for Brock NOT to enter the UFC because of the test he will have to take but Vince wanted to keep Brock to be happy and let him fight.

Sephzilla

true, but it's interesting that there's no real uproar about actors using steroids for movies

but there's an uproar about actors using steroids for simulated combat. thanks benoit you fuck

It is interesting how there isn't much of an uproar over steroids for movies. Charlie Sheen straight out admitted he roided up when he did Major League. Rock is almost certainly on the juice too

Aiii

So not worth it
ed: ^^ His contract says WWE can't suspend him. Period.

MMA is not relevant to what I said.

I am neither oblivious nor immune to people dying, but much like smoking it is not my responsibility to decide how you treat your body. If The Rock wants to be three times the size of a big rig, that is his prerogative.

bjork

when there's a pattern of actors dying from it, then maybe. Usually with actors it's good stuff like coke, or they die in their 90s after living a pampered life. You never see "actor x dies in hotel from workout regimen, steroids suspected"

MMA is not relevant to what I said.

I am neither oblivious nor immune to people dying, but much like smoking it is not my responsibility to decide how you treat your body. If The Rock wants to be three times the size of a big rig, that is his prerogative.

There's the aspect of wrasslin being sold to kids, so if their heroes are on the juice, they're not being a good role model etc.

jmdajr

It is interesting how there isn't much of an uproar over steroids for movies. Charlie Sheen straight out admitted he roided up when he did Major League. Rock is almost certainly on the juice too

Everyone is. Thor, Superman, Captain America, Wolverine. All those dudes are fucking jacked. Hell, who gives a shit.

Arnold, Stallone, Van Damme. Same stuff.

Only one who didn't was like who? Steven Segal? But his stare should be illegal!

Zach

I heard Biden gave a good promo.

He had me like

dFhwYfv.gif

Oersted

Just hope we get Heyman back.

You could put him on the Titanic and everyone would end up yelling holy shit after him explainig what is about to happen.

Fuck Br*ck.

Drug abuse in Hollywood in general is a major issue. The steroid aspect needs to be looked into more, I agree.

bjork

Everyone is. Thor, Superman, Captain America, Wolverine. All those dudes are fucking jacked. Hell, who gives a shit.

Only one who didn't was like who? Steven Segal? But his stare should be illegal!

I like to believe that Bolo never touched a drug in his life, and his physique in Bloodsport is 100% legit, despite being in his 40s at that time.

Sephzilla

That guy who plays Superman is jacked to an unreal degree. In Man of Steel it almost looked like he couldn't put his arms down because there was too much goddamn muscle.

He had me like

dFhwYfv.gif

I love this gif so much

jmdajr

when there's a pattern of actors dying from it, then maybe. Usually with actors it's good stuff like coke, or they die in their 90s after living a pampered life. You never see "actor x dies in hotel from workout regimen, steroids suspected"

Well most wrestlers are not dying just from roids. They also die from prescription pills and recreational drug abuse. You see them fucking jacked and assume it has to be just be steroids.

Anold, Sly and the like. All still alive. But they don't take bumps for a living.

bjork

Well most wrestlers are not dying just from roids. They also die from prescription pills and recreational drug abuse. You see them fucking jacked and assume it has to be just be steroids.

Anold, Sly and the like. All still alive. But they don't take bumps for a living.

They also don't do it 300 days a year, so I doubt the intake has to be constant.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Actors are all on steroids too though. Like I buy for a second that Christian Bale went from Cesaro to Zack Sabre Jr. to Wade Barrett without help.

Thankfully our champion has the hypest theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjpRDmXoyMk

Carmella's theme, much like Steph's, is about 4 years too late in terms of musical trends

Let's do this again, top 5 current theme songs:

1. Apollo Crews
2. Sasha Banks
3. Samoa Joe
4. American Alpha
5. Sami / Nakamura -- I'm tying these because I think the full sail crowd kills the atmosphere of this theme

Honorable mention to Kevin Owens

Anth0ny

oh yeah, everyone in hollywood is on the juice. needles must be fucking flying thanks to all these superhero movies, god damn.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And let's be real: most of the guys are cheating on the tests. There are genetic freaks who can put on 30 pounds of lean muscle, but most people can't do that at all.

jmdajr

And let's be real: most of the guys are cheating on the tests. There are genetic freaks who can put on 30 pounds of lean muscle, but most people can't do that at all.

I got a trainer once and he said. "Dude, half this fucking gym is on the juice."
That was based on me mentioning not seeing the results based on the work.

Tom Nook

oh yeah, everyone in hollywood is on the juice. needles must be fucking flying thanks to all these superhero movies, god damn.

Today's superheros movies? Yes. In the past, I think they use foam pads.

Didn't Toby use foam pads that shape like muscles in this spider man suit?

Angry Grimace

If we include old themes then Samoa Joe's first NXT theme was hot garbage.

I had a dream that for some reason Nia Jax was assigned Samoa Joe's old theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dZINtfKSIQ

FWIW if I had to guess, I don't think this was intended to be his theme. My wild mass guess is that he liked the horns because they sounded like his ROH theme (which is just a sample of the Godzilla theme, I think) but then it wasn't really extended out to anything so they just played some random shit after it; the stuff after the horns is completely random and tacked on and doesn't sound at all like it was intended to be a real theme.

Fuck Br*ck.

He's a special attraction. He looks incredible every time. Who gives a shit? It's his body, why the hell does he not have the right to put it under stress if he so desires?

Yeah, he shouldn't have been taking anything if he was fighting in UFC, but in terms of wrestling, why should I give a shit?

Carmella's theme, much like Steph's, is about 4 years too late in terms of musical trends

Let's do this again, top 5 current theme songs:

1. Emma (Sasha wishes she was this swag/lit)
2. Sami Zayn (The ultimate babyface song)
3. Kevin Owens (Generic hard rock that still hits hard everytime it kicks on)
4. Nakamura (It's real good)
5. Charlotte (I know some people hate it but I think it's a cool twist on Ric's and fits her well)

Honorable mention: AJ/Sasha/Bayley for fitting their characters perfectly

Dishonorable mention: Lucha Dragons theme. Would never make the cut because of the chant, but it sounds like a Sonic track so that's cool

Angry Grimace

Fuck Br*ck.

I'm guessing it was basically a Hell or High Water type of clause where Brock negotiated that he'd get paid regardless of whether Vince put him on the show or not, or Brock became unpalatable to put on the show for whatever reason.

Meltzer says that he thinks the loopholes that Brock is using were added in around the same time they added the Randy Orton clauses (a provision that lets you erase "strikes" - WWE nominally has a three-strikes policy but they didn't want to fire Randy Orton depute him failing 2 wellness tests)

jmdajr

I'm guessing it was basically a Hell or High Water type of clause where Brock negotiated that he'd get paid regardless of whether Vince put him on the show or not, or Brock became unpalatable to put on the show for whatever reason.

Meltzer says that he thinks the loopholes that Brock is using were added in around the same time they added the Randy Orton clauses (a provision that lets you erase "strikes" - WWE nominally has a three-strikes policy but they didn't want to fire Randy Orton depute him failing 2 wellness tests)

How do you get strikes erased?

Top Bottom