• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

ReiGun

Carmella's theme, much like Steph's, is about 4 years too late in terms of musical trends

Let's do this again, top 5 current theme songs:

1. Apollo Crews
2. Sasha Banks
3. Samoa Joe
4. American Alpha
5. Sami / Nakamura -- I'm tying these because I think the full sail crowd kills the atmosphere of this theme

Honorable mention to Kevin Owens

1. Sami Zayn (song gives me "first level of a Sonic game" when I hear it and I love it)
2. Asuka
3. Shinsuke
4. AJ
5. Sasha

HM: Enzo & Cass, The New Day, Ambrose, American Alpha, Crews, Balor

4Fhpd.gif
0FH48LJ.gif

Ric Flair is such an idiot, when talking about Balor, he said a Cruiserweight will never headline a WM.

We know how much he kisses Hunter's ass and would like to forget 18 but Jericho was in the main event.

WM 20 Benoit was in the main event and won.

WM 30 Daniel Bryan was in the main event and won.

Hell you could say HBK , Bret, and Seth were as well because their shoot weight is/was below the that 220 mark.

DMczaf

Ric Flair is such an idiot, when talking about Balor, he said a Cruiserweight will never headline a WM.

We know how much he kisses Hunter's ass and would like to forget 18 but Jericho was in the main event.

WM 20 Benoit was in the main event and won.

WM 30 Daniel Bryan was in the main event and won.

Hell you could say HBK , Bret, and Seth were as well because their shoot weight is/was below the that 220 mark.

He didn't have his rum n coke

8056pQk.jpg

Breezango/Usos - 2.75
Sasha Banks & Bayley/Charlotte & Dana Brooke - 2
Wyatt Family/New Day - 3.25
Rusev/Zack Ryder - 2.25
Owens/Zayn - 4.5
Natalya/Becky Lynch - 3.25
Miz/Darren Young - 1.5
Club/Cena & Enzo & Cass - 3.5
Ambrose/Rollins/Reigns - 4

Raw
Cesaro/Owens/Balor/Rusev - 3.75
Reigns/Jericho/Zayn/Sheamus - 3.5
Charlotte/Sasha Banks - 3.75
Balor/Reigns - 3.25

It's shady as hell. It's funny Brock got caught when he's entering the octagon. I bet Vince is screaming in his head for Brock NOT to enter the UFC because of the test he will have to take but Vince wanted to keep Brock to be happy and let him fight.

Or Vince had a pretty good idea that Brock would get popped or lose, and he would a lot of his leverage over Vince in the next contract talk.

40 episodes?! How many have been taped so far?

I really hope they add Amazon as a way to get new episodes. iTunes/AppleTV is a deal-breaker.

Whole season's been taped. When the finale was taped they were more optimistic than ever there'd be a season 4.

Wouldn't be shocked at all to also see more streaming deals

Top 5 themes:

1. Shinsuke
2. The Ascension
3. Sheamus
4. Bayley
5. Sasha Banks

Top 10:
6. Finn Balor
7. Rusev
8. Titus O'Neil (Let Me Show You How, not Million $ Moves)
9. Asuka
10. Kevin Owens

Honestly, most wrestlers that get their theme song played regularly have good themes. Could have a lot of honorable mentions.

Except for these mediocre ones:
Cesaro, The Club, Naomi, Nikki, Apollo, Hideo

And these awful ones:
The Revival, Charlotte, Mojo, Nia, Orton, Carmella

I had a dream that for some reason Nia Jax was assigned Samoa Joe's old theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dZINtfKSIQ

FWIW if I had to guess, I don't think this was intended to be his theme. My wild mass guess is that he liked the horns because they sounded like his ROH theme (which is just a sample of the Godzilla theme, I think) but then it wasn't really extended out to anything so they just played some random shit after it; the stuff after the horns is completely random and tacked on and doesn't sound at all like it was intended to be a real theme.
Nia Jax's isn't much better TBH.

And yeah Joe's first theme sounded a bit last minute.

bjork

I cannot comment on wrestler themes as I honestly haven't heard 90% of them, or I have and have 0% recollection of them.

I know I don't like Cena's.

I cannot comment on wrestler themes as I honestly haven't heard 90% of them, or I have and have 0% recollection of them.

I know I don't like Cena's.

Cena's current theme is one of the Greatest of All Times. It's the only thing my wife likes about wrestling.

On Observer Radio, Alvarez mentioned that Charlotte dropped the belt on Monday as opposed to Summerslam because she requested it. Wants time off. Meltzer said he heard the same but hasn't been able to confirm it yet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
trying out the new faction in Total War: Warhammer. Pretty psyched.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess I didn't see that SmackDown women's segment as being a build to Eva Marie as the top star (which is what Meltzer thinks). It mostly just seemed like a parade of people who are there to job to Becky.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tbf, getting such a body at a younger age is much harder.

Wait.

Its really crazy what people want out of actors nowadays. This has been a thing the past decade - just bigger and better in every way. It's like the WWF of the 80s.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If they want to push Cesaro they need to give him Jack Swagger's theme back.

Top Bottom