• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

jmdajr

Its really crazy what people want out of actors nowadays. This has been a thing the past decade - just bigger and better in every way. It's like the WWF of the 80s.

Hell Keanu Reeves is basically a real life assassin with his training.

Ya'll remember that shit? (John Wick2 gun training)

I'm all for whatever gets the actor into the role without it like, actually fucking killing them.

Aiii

So not worth it
I guess I didn't see that SmackDown women's segment as being a build to Eva Marie as the top star (which is what Meltzer thinks). It mostly just seemed like a parade of people who are there to job to Becky.

Once again we find ourselves in the darkest timeline

Tom Nook

CVJnAfk.jpg

The changes

Hugh Jackedman is currently filming Wolverine 3. A lot of the set photos shows him in a shirt, lets see how he looks without one.

Barrage

Updated CWC Future Rankings:

Zach Sabre Jr.- Performance Centre. He's ready in-ring but his look is shit
Tyson Dux- Cut him

Drew Gulak-NXT
Harv Sihra-Performance Centre

Tony Nese-NXT
Anthony Bennett-Cut him

Brian Kendrick-Straight to RAW(Not sure if he actually wants a contract)
Raul Mendoza-Performance Centre. Fix: Look (He is AWESOME tho)

--------------------------
Kenneth Johnson-Cut him
Akira Tozawa-NXT

Tajiri-NXT, nothing left to do in WWE
Damien Slater-NXT

Alejandro Saez-Cut him
Gran Metallik-Straight to RAW

Ariya Daivari- Performance Centre
Ho Ho Lun-Performance Centre

Kota Ibushi-Straight to RAW (Don't think he'll sign tho)
Sean Maluta-Performance Centre

Cedric Alexander-NXT
Clement Petiot-Straight to RAW

T.J. Perkins-Straight to RAW
Da Mack-Cut him

Mustafa Ali-Performance Centre
Lince Dorado-Straight to RAW

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cut Da Mack?

NXT for Tajiri? I say have him retire!

daemissary

I can't stand this bashing of The Revival's theme.

Say "Yeah!" because we go hard, all day and all night, friends.

Totally agree, I thought the Revival's theme was garbage the first couple of times I heard it but it's really grown on me. Works with their gimmick perfectly.

WWE themes are so good right now that it's hard to pick a fave 5, even generic CWC themes have me bobbin my head. I guess I would go:

Nakamura
Sasha Banks
Sami Zayn
Becky Lynch
Asuka

Pikma

Banned
Murphy is really good, I'm glad to see him in singles matches, I hope he gets a decent enough run to get rid of the jobber perception

Barrage

Cut Da Mack?

NXT for Tajiri? I say have him retire!

Dude's already signed mang!

Also, with rumours that Ibushi won't sign, and with Sabre's debut being, shall we say, less than mindblowing...

Is there anyone else that could concievably win the CWC without the crowd turning on them?

The tourney seems set up for an Ibushi/Sabre final. But I wonder if a Gargano or Ciampa run (with them going over Ibushi and Sabre) could be seen as an alternative if neither Ibushi or Sabre are able to anchor RAW's cruiser division.

EDIT: I know the winner of Gargano/Ciampa's already been decided,i'm avoiding spoilers.

You guys know that denying everything is exactly what WWE tells signees to do, right? Ibushi may or may not be signed, but what he says in interviews tells us nothing based on WWE protocol in the past.

oddjobs

Dude's already signed mang!

Also, with rumours that Ibushi won't sign, and with Sabre's debut being, shall we say, less than mindblowing...

Is there anyone else that could concievably win the CWC without the crowd turning on them?

The tourney seems set up for an Ibushi/Sabre final. But I wonder if a Gargano or Ciampa run (with them going over Ibushi and Sabre) could be seen as an alternative if neither Ibushi or Sabre are able to anchor RAW's cruiser division.

EDIT: I know the winner of Gargano/Ciampa's already been decided,i'm avoiding spoilers.

Tozawa or Perkins maybe.

Pikma

Banned
ZSJ's opponent just wasn't fit for that kind of match, that's why it was so lackluster. The inevitable ZSJ vs Jack Gallagher match will blow everyone's mind tho

Mahonay

Banned
Just watched both of this week's NXT and CWC.

That Nakamura vs Murphy match was surprisingly good. Blake really proved himself as a solid singles worker.

Menome

Also: Tony Nese really does look like he could be Sandow's brother. However, he has the voice of Bill S. Esquire from Bill and Ted.

oddjobs

ZSJ's opponent just wasn't fit for that kind of match, that's why it was so lackluster. The inevitable ZSJ vs Jack Gallagher match will blow everyone's mind tho

or not. I just don't find that "overly" technical style of working the wrist and fingers for a whole match very interesting.

Nekofrog

Banned
No Way Jose had such a good promo last night and Murphy actually looked pretty good against ibushi (or was it Blake? I can't tell the difference)

Zach

Just watched Bret Hart's last match. Well, last real match, I guess. I believe he has a "match" with Vince McMahon later, right? Anyway, Bret carried Nash to a solid match. He was wearing jean shorts, an nWo shirt, and tennis shoes, which was unfortunate. Still, I didn't see many signs of a career-ending injury. Pretty sad that this was the end. From a fan's perspective, it comes out of nowhere. And dude was still better than most guys. Just sucks. It's funny to me when people can't understand the man's bitterness. The guy suffered through a lot. I wouldn't blame the crotchety ol' bastard if he never wanted to watch wrestling again, but the guy seems to still love it in his own way and want to help the new generation however he can.

Just sayin'. It seems like I see more criticism of Bret than praise, and that's unfortunate. Truly one of the best ever.

I can't even start to form an opinion on Carmella's theme because every time I hear it my mind goes straight to "Fancy". Truly the WCW DDP of our generation.

Also maybe it's because I'm pretty sure some of the song was used for transitional music in Total Divas but I like Brie's theme.

On Observer Radio, Alvarez mentioned that Charlotte dropped the belt on Monday as opposed to Summerslam because she requested it. Wants time off. Meltzer said he heard the same but hasn't been able to confirm it yet.
That's interesting. Wonder if that means we aren't getting Sasha vs Charlotte for Summerslam? Or is she hoping to have the obligatory 'former champ gets a shot at a title' done by Summerslam.

Charlotte was smiling when the camera cut to her only to then fumble a scowl to try and set character which was a nice moment to think out of Kayfabe.

Cagey

Banned
Just watched both of this week's NXT and CWC.

That Nakamura vs Murphy match was surprisingly good. Blake really proved himself as a solid singles worker.

No Way Jose had such a good promo last night and Murphy actually looked pretty good against ibushi (or was it Blake? I can't tell the difference)
Agreed on all counts. Both guys looked pretty good on their own.

Fantomex

Just watched Bret Hart's last match. Well, last real match, I guess. I believe he has a "match" with Vince McMahon later, right? Anyway, Bret carried Nash to a solid match. He was wearing jean shorts, an nWo shirt, and tennis shoes, which was unfortunate. Still, I didn't see many signs of a career-ending injury. Pretty sad that this was the end. From a fan's perspective, it comes out of nowhere. And dude was still better than most guys. Just sucks. It's funny to me when people can't understand the man's bitterness. The guy suffered through a lot. I wouldn't blame the crotchety ol' bastard if he never wanted to watch wrestling again, but the guy seems to still love it in his own way and want to help the new generation however he can.

Just sayin'. It seems like I see more criticism of Bret than praise, and that's unfortunate. Truly one of the best ever.

Him and Shawn will always be the GOATS. And Brooklyn Brawler of course

Jesus Christ that Santana Garrett theme

How do you not realize what you've done?

I hope when Emma comes back she steals back her theme via fists

Zach

So, apparently Bret Hart suffers from post-concussion syndrome, which would explain his irritability and crotchety demeanor. I mean, if all the other stuff wasn't bad enough. Makes unsympathetic criticism of the guy a little harder to stomach.

jmdajr

So, apparently Bret Hart suffers from post-concussion syndrome, which would explain his irritability and crotchety demeanor. I mean, if all the other stuff wasn't bad enough. Makes unsympathetic criticism of the guy a little harder to stomach.

So that's why everything is 4/10.

Top Bottom