• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

Shadow780

So after Brooklyn NXT will have Asuka and......

There is no story too going on the women's division too except Bayley (who will be called up I presume after Summerslam) and Asuka.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Theme chat:

1. Finn Balor
2. Shinsuke Nakamura
3. Sami Zayn
4. John Cena
5. Sasha Banks

Nekofrog

Banned
Maybe it's because I was only exposed to Blake and Murphy as a team and only really cared about Alexa but blake was really crisp in that match and sold super well. The standing held high kick where he just stood still was great.

All this theme chat and no AJ.
Bobby-Hill.gif

Kurita

1. Banks
2. Zayn
3. AJ
4. Nakamura
5. Balor

6. American Alpha
7. The Miz
8. Wyatt
9. Bayley
10. Shane O'Mac

Glad Shelton is coming back cause his theme is one of the best
Asuka's theme is pretty great too, even though I think it doesn't really fit her that much. Still hype.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Y'all might want to sit down for this bit of news:

ZZ has been cut by WWE.

Angry Grimace

Someone already mentioned it a page back or so. I think most of us forgot about him a long time ago. There was no way a dude with a swamp hobo gimmick was ever going to sustain itself in the long haul.

Bray Wyatt's gimmick has been swamp hobo for like 3 years.

Dude's already signed mang!

Also, with rumours that Ibushi won't sign, and with Sabre's debut being, shall we say, less than mindblowing...

Is there anyone else that could concievably win the CWC without the crowd turning on them?

The tourney seems set up for an Ibushi/Sabre final. But I wonder if a Gargano or Ciampa run (with them going over Ibushi and Sabre) could be seen as an alternative if neither Ibushi or Sabre are able to anchor RAW's cruiser division.

EDIT: I know the winner of Gargano/Ciampa's already been decided,i'm avoiding spoilers.

The Brian Kendrick, the aging gunslinger, makes a miracle run.

Ho Ho Lun winning would be the Dragon Soldier B of the Cruiserweight Classic.

Gran Metallik, Lince Dorado, Ciampa, and Gargano are all plausible alternatives.

Watching the CWC, surprised people were down on ZSJ vs Dux - that was a super solid opening round match. Also, Dux looked great. He was obviously there to make Zack shine and I thought he did a great job, also those rolling Fujiwara counter-counters and fisherman buster were awesome. On Zack's side of things, he went through his routines with minimal fuss and this was a good showcase of his skills. The crowd sucked though, and not just for this match, I thought they've been very quiet for all three of the CWC shows so far.

It's funny because they JUST had that Breaking Ground special not too long ago that provided an update on ZZ and how much great progress he's made since the series ended.

So after Brooklyn NXT will have Asuka and......

There is no story too going on the women's division too except Bayley (who will be called up I presume after Summerslam) and Asuka.

Athena/Ember Moon is probably debuting after Takeover... Finally. They played a vignette for her on the last episode.

EDIT: Found a crapish quality version of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpIK_ELUcSc

Watching the CWC, surprised people were down on ZSJ vs Dux - that was a super solid opening round match. Also, Dux looked great. He was obviously there to make Zack shine and I thought he did a great job, also those rolling Fujiwara counter-counters and fisherman buster were awesome. On Zack's side of things, he went through his routines with minimal fuss and this was a good showcase of his skills. The crowd sucked though, and not just for this match, I thought they've been very quiet for all three of the CWC shows so far.
It wasn't a bad match, it felt very short to me though. Also I've heard a lot of hype behind him and obviously you didn't see much but maybe the next round we'll see what he's all about(this was my first match of his). Also the main event overshadowed everything so lol.

Nekofrog

Banned
Corbins theme is ok but they really ought to upgrade the motorcycle sample to something that doesn't sound like a wav file from 1998

They should've kept Carmella with Enzo and Cass.

I got a feeling they're going to team her up down the road with Liv Morgan for a New York - Jersey team.

Dave said:
While no performer in WWE is likely to publicly address the subject, because of the fear of calling attention to it, those aware privately called it a double standard. The key is that the part-timers are already far better paid than all but the top tier of full-timers, and then get the advantage of being able to have a better physical look just because they have more time to rest and train to begin with, but now get an even bigger advantage in that department because if they should choose to use PEDs, there is no fear of testing that the rest of the roster has.

Punk Was Right

So, apparently Bret Hart suffers from post-concussion syndrome, which would explain his irritability and crotchety demeanor. I mean, if all the other stuff wasn't bad enough. Makes unsympathetic criticism of the guy a little harder to stomach.

I can still say his criticisms are shit. Fuck bret.

Punk Was Right
Punk basically did a Tupac, what he was sayibg eventually came to light. Everyone should be kissing his ass for airing out the dirty laundry. Now he's dead because of it.

How did WCW not make Vampiro a star?! Come on!
Vampiro legit had me shook. I was like oh no, he's going to kill Sting. He recently did a shoot they points out everything they'd wrong with wrestling and how to fix it. His character were one of the last good things wcw did.

jmdajr

stuffs from 2007

December 2007, Vince McMahon was interviewed by a congressional subcommittee, where he was asked by David Leviss, senior investigative counsel for the subcommittee, about who the policy applies to, where he emphasized that the Wellness Policy only applied to regular performers.

[David Leviss:] Is [the WWE Talent Wellness Policy], in effect, company-wide, does it govern everybody at the company or just talent?
[Vince McMahon:] It only governs those talents that are regularly scheduled to compete in the ring. I say "compete," perform in the ring. (Interview of Vince McMahon; December 14, 2007, p. 46)

Later in the interview, McMahon stated that, at least up to that time, he himself had never been drug-tested under the policy. McMahon further gave the impression that part-time in-ring performers, such as himself at the time, were not subject to the Wellness Policy. He was given the following line of questioning from Leviss:

[David Leviss:] In your role as WWE talent are you subject to the provisions of the Wellness Policy?
[Vince McMahon:] Let me answer where I think you're going. I do not test. I'm 62 years old. The Wellness Policy is a policy designed for talent that's regularly scheduled to compete, which I may wrestle a couple times a year. And not only not regularly scheduled, at 62 I'm not exactly a 24-year-old guy of which we're concerned for his wellness. So I don't fall in the category.
[Leviss:] So you're not subject to the terms of the Wellness Policy?
[McMahon:] No.
[Leviss:] And are you subject to testing?
[McMahon:] If I'm not in the Wellness Policy, then I'm not subject to testing, as I said before. I'm not a regularly scheduled performer. In addition to that I'm 62 years old, not 26. And the Wellness Policy is designed for those young competitors who compete on a regular basis.
[Leviss:] Is the Wellness Policy --
[McMahon:] I'm in good health at 62.
[Leviss:] It appears that you are. Is the Wellness Policy age limited by its own terms?
[McMahon:] I don't believe so, no.
[Leviss:] Have you ever been tested under the Wellness Policy?
McMahon:] No. (Ibid., p. 113-114)

Top Bottom