• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

jmdajr

obky2IM.png
Wtf is all this

Sephzilla

I'm totally serious. The name came to me after thinking of it. It's icing on the cake.

Just straight up have Arn and Flair come out and christen them as a new generation of Four Horsemen. I mean, c'mon, there have already been shittier incarnations of the Horsemen

Cagey

Banned
Just straight up have Arn and Flair come out and christen them as a new generation of Four Horsemen. I mean, c'mon, there have already been shittier incarnations of the Horsemen
It's 80% tongue in cheek anyway, so the ironic factor helps set expectations. But 20% is a real recognition that there's a dearth of these types of physiques and styles in modern WWE.

Sephzilla

It's 80% tongue in cheek anyway, so the ironic factor helps set expectations. But 20% is a real recognition that there's a dearth of these types of physiques and styles in modern WWE.

True. For a counterpoint (for the sake of discussion) taking the tongue in cheek approach could result in them getting Ascension'd though. Have Arn/Flair call them the New Four Horsemen and then as an added bonus have the four of them brag up that they are Hall of Famers because they somehow magically inherit the title since the Four Horsemen are in the hall of fame.

Kaladin

Don't worry, I'll be joining you. I'll be buying the gold version of nba 2k17 too

giphy.gif

I buy these every year essentially and have fun with them most years. I put hours into the career mode and the CAW stuff and it's just fun.

Fun fact : The IWC blows how bad these games are way out of proportion. Those bugs that you always see gifs of exist, but don't happen often at all. Sure, the graphics could always use work, commentary is shit year in year out and they only make minor improvements, but it's still a damn fun game to those of us that play it.

notworksafe

giphy.gif

I buy these every year essentially and have fun with them most years. I put hours into the career mode and the CAW stuff and it's just fun.

Fun fact : The IWC blows how bad these games are way out of proportion. Those bugs that you always see gifs of exist, but don't happen often at all. Sure, the graphics could always use work, commentary is shit year in year out and they only make minor improvements, but it's still a damn fun game to those of us that play it.

I'll be playing the free version of WWE 16 and I'm pretty excited for it as well.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not sure Kal actually played a WWE game before, because those games are bugged to shit. WWE '13 broke on me in the second match I played, when a tag-guy shook the ropes as I hit it for a move and Triple H just kept running forward into the ropes forever and ever.

In 14 one of my guys got stuck under a standimg ladder when he fell off of it in the ring and couldn't get back up for five minutes until another player knocked over the ladder.

To name but a few examples of game breaking bugs I encountered myself.

Kaladin

I have no issues with the actual in ring gameplay every year. My only issues are with the design of the game, like the over complicated career mode last year with the rivalry systems and the Authority favor gauge and the wooden as fuck interview segments.

I still enjoyed CAW stuff with random matches and the showcase modes though.

giphy.gif

All of the overblown stuff, I've never witness unless using a game Shark which are not made anymore. I have fun and enjoy it and that's all that matters to me anyway. I have owned every sd and if you played 08 you can play them all. That was probably the worst one technical wise. I think Benoit bugged it.

Nekofrog

Banned
Is there a version of kota ibushi's cwc theme out there that isn't ripped directly from the broadcast he appeared on? I legit can't find one. I might have to record a cover of it just to listen to it if it isn't out there

Kaladin

All of the overblown stuff, I've never witness unless using a game Shark which are not made anymore. I have fun and enjoy it and that's all that matters to me anyway. I have owned every sd and if you played 08 you can play them all. That was probably the worst one technical wise. I think Benoit bugged it.

Yeah, 08 was pretty bad. Though that was the first year they were on PS3 and 360 and the first release of a new console generation always sucks for these games. 2k15 wasn't the best year either.

Yeah, 08 was pretty bad. Though that was the first year they were on PS3 and 360 and the first release of a new console generation always sucks for these games. 2k15 wasn't the best year either.
07 was on 360,they canned the PS3 version because it was too hard for them to work on. Really pissed me off since that was supposed to be a launch game for me, good thing I had the ps2 version and bc.

15 was unmmmm, well the showcase mode was alright lol

whichever 2k game had the WrestleMania mode was actually good

the streak mode was really fun too

then they dropped it because the streak was over, I guess

thanks brock

Kaladin

thanks brock

The streak mode was 2k14. That was damn fun and was a challenge. If you faced Undertaker, he was basically put into God mode and you had to work to beat him. If you were the Undertaker, it was a war of attrition and that made it very difficult as you went on.

I want them to bring back a gauntlet mode in these games.

thanks brock
14, I didn't get to enjoy that one much because the PS4 came out and didn't have bc. I have an original ps3 and that thing sounds like a rocket and feels like the back of one when on for a while.

The Wrestlemania Mode showcase was fun because you generally played as someone else every match. 2k16 showcase was fine but I got pretty tired of playing as Austin over and over again. DLC was nice enough.

Did people actually not like that Zack Sabre Jr match? I was marking out. Dude is incredible with his technical ability. They showcased his style differences well. Those transitions are just crazy. It wouldn't directly translate to WWF, but he could vary it a bit more and work it into a WWE style. I can see this kid going places.
Hopefully to a burger joing. Kid needs mass, pronto.
Prime discount makes it $80. I'm not paying $100 for that.
But you're still paying for it.
giphy.gif

You do realize that you both sound exactly like Sonic 06 fans, right? Because they say the exact. same. shit. when it comes to defending that game's glitches. Except even those fans have actually grown up and realized how bad that game is, while you both haven't. Marks of the highest fucking degree.

Top Bottom