• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

klonere

Banned
CodBeL9WgAEpULf.jpg

Double the cable average decline and still greater than the USA Network average decline as well?

Yikes.

Khali as the thumbnail? Fuck them, I am not watching, Khali was a great investment as a champion.
It was worth it for the line "who only knew one move and that was a karate chop slower than ****ing erosion"

I can't be the only WrassleGAFfer who likes Roman Reigns moving to sitout powerbomb based offense.

Also, dude has tripled the number of times he's been pinned clean in the last week. I feel like if Vince listens to reason he can actually convert this dude into a guy people actually like because I don't think the thing people hate about him is something other than being booked like invincible babyface superman.
Reigns powerbomb is beast, I end up getting through half his PPV matches begrudgingly accepting that I could totally like the guy in ring if he wasn't booked like superman and actually had an interesting character.
Mercifully his suspension woes may finally be leading him to both those last points.

lmao at everybody saying everything good is DBZ

Everything good is clearly Cromartie High School
DBZ is like the attitude era of anime, a few stand out moments surrounded by jobbers, trash tv and poor workrate when the main events actually occurred.

bjork

DBZ is like the attitude era of anime, a few stand out moments surrounded by jobbers, trash tv and poor workrate when the main events actually occurred.

I think the Attitude Era is more like Bleach. A bunch of guys with stupid names standing around trying to look cool, but nothing ever happens except Ichigo wins

By the way, NXT San Antonio was pretty awesome.

Murphy had a match with Mojo. Not so much a curtain jerk as a curtain tug. Mostly comedy spots and at one point Mojo informed the crowd that Murphy was unlucky with women.

Blake, who is from San Antonio, beat the only half of the Mexican Males. Blake's weird new theme would be way better if he aligned the rest of his entrance with it. Pretty good match.

Bayley tagged with Carmella against Mandy Rose & Daria (who stole Hideo's gear and dyed it black). The venue was a traditional theater and it was a pretty small stage, but after the win they turned on a couple of wacky wigglers. You gotta. Then Bayley gave a few presents out and my daughter got the arm streamers.

We were in line for two hours before the doors opened so we could get in the front row of the standing room only, and it paid off.

Hideo Itami vs. Austin Aries. Hideo's shoulder scar is really big. Hideo won with the knee that beat John Cena. Austin kept getting behind Hideo and sort of camel clutching his forearms/elbows into the sides of Hideo's head and clapping his hands for effect, not knitting his hands. I think four times he did this. Hideo patted his shoulder after he won.

Ciampa and Gargano had a really long match with The Revival. The theme of the match was Gargano or Ciampa or both of them doing a series of ridiculously impactful moves on either Dash Dawson or Scotty 2 Waldorf and then getting a 2 count. After 15 or 20 of these, and maybe 5 near falls the other way, Gargano and Ciampa get the double team strike on one but the other one pulled eyebrow ref out of the ring before the three, causing a DQ. Gargano and Ciampa got all the shine.

Asuka retained against Nia Jax. Nia hit Asuka with Goldberg's jackhammer, so she is getting some moves. She worked a pretty good match. Asuka won with a knockout kick while Nia was screaming at her. Good finish.

Ring announcer introduces the main event, and out comes Shinsuke.

Ring announcer botches and introduces Finn as his opponent. They're tagging against Bobby Roode and Samoa Joe. Bobby has a ridiculous theme and a ridiculous robe but his face is just a piece of driftwood. Like, not even a scowl. Just nothing. Shinsuke gave Bobby the shaky foot choke in the face's corner and then tagged Finn in and they both gave him the shaky foot choke. Joe ignored my advice to use his towel after his first tag in. Then Finn stole the towel and modeled it for the crowd. Lots of good striking all around, not a whole lot of tag team spots though. Finnsuke won of course and Finn cut a post match promo about Raw and Summerslam and how he was here because he wasn't going to set home on a Toorsday when NXT was happening and that it was his two year anniversary of signing. He did not mention his 7% body fat, opting instead to let the vein popping the entire length of his thigh do it for him.

My daughter called me out on the way to the car for lying about No Way Jose, who I thought would be there because he was retweeting other wrestlers saying they were going to be there. But we all had a great time.

I think the Attitude Era is more like Bleach. A bunch of guys with stupid names standing around trying to look cool, but nothing ever happens except Ichigo wins

I think there's a case to be made of Bleach running similar parallels to TNA but it would take too long to sift through.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A whole half page of shitty DBZ talk and desperately trying to draw parallels to another kid's show, WWE Attitude Era.

DBZ sucks and is for little kids
It's always been for little kids

grow up

RBH

Murphy had a match with Mojo. Not so much a curtain jerk as a curtain tug. Mostly comedy spots and at one point Mojo informed the crowd that Murphy was unlucky with women.

Blake, who is from San Antonio, beat the only half of the Mexican Males. Blake's weird new theme would be way better if he aligned the rest of his entrance with it. Pretty good match.

Bayley tagged with Carmella against Mandy Rose & Daria (who stole Hideo's gear and dyed it black). The venue was a traditional theater and it was a pretty small stage, but after the win they turned on a couple of wacky wigglers. You gotta. Then Bayley gave a few presents out and my daughter got the arm streamers.

We were in line for two hours before the doors opened so we could get in the front row of the standing room only, and it paid off.

Hideo Itami vs. Austin Aries. Hideo's shoulder scar is really big. Hideo won with the knee that beat John Cena. Austin kept getting behind Hideo and sort of camel clutching his forearms/elbows into the sides of Hideo's head and clapping his hands for effect, not knitting his hands. I think four times he did this. Hideo patted his shoulder after he won.

Ciampa and Gargano had a really long match with The Revival. The theme of the match was Gargano or Ciampa or both of them doing a series of ridiculously impactful moves on either Dash Dawson or Scotty 2 Waldorf and then getting a 2 count. After 15 or 20 of these, and maybe 5 near falls the other way, Gargano and Ciampa get the double team strike on one but the other one pulled eyebrow ref out of the ring before the three, causing a DQ. Gargano and Ciampa got all the shine.

Asuka retained against Nia Jax. Nia hit Asuka with Goldberg's jackhammer, so she is getting some moves. She worked a pretty good match. Asuka won with a knockout kick while Nia was screaming at her. Good finish.

Ring announcer botches and introduces Finn as his opponent. They're tagging against Bobby Roode and Samoa Joe. Bobby has a ridiculous theme and a ridiculous robe but his face is just a piece of driftwood. Like, not even a scowl. Just nothing. Shinsuke gave Bobby the shaky foot choke in the face's corner and then tagged Finn in and they both gave him the shaky foot choke. Joe ignored my advice to use his towel after his first tag in. Then Finn stole the towel and modeled it for the crowd. Lots of good striking all around, not a whole lot of tag team spots though. Finnsuke won of course and Finn cut a post match promo about Raw and Summerslam and how he was here because he wasn't going to set home on a Toorsday when NXT was happening and that it was his two year anniversary of signing. He did not mention his 7% body fat, opting instead to let the vein popping the entire length of his thigh do it for him.

My daughter called me out on the way to the car for lying about No Way Jose, who I thought would be there because he was retweeting other wrestlers saying they were going to be there. But we all had a great time.
Sounds like a fun show

Sephzilla

A whole half page of shitty DBZ talk and desperately trying to draw parallels to another kid's show, WWE Attitude Era.

DBZ sucks and is for little kids
It's always been for little kids

grow up

The irony of this being posted on a gaming forum in a wrestling thread by a guy who's username is Vince McMahon with a Max Landis avatar

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The irony of this being posted on a gaming forum in a wrestling thread by a guy who's username is Vince McMahon with a Max Landis avatar is through the roof

YaA9i3V.gif

We're not just through the looking glass

We have blazed new trails

I think there's a case to be made of Bleach running similar parallels to TNA but it would take too long to sift through.

Goddamn, I really wanted to like Bleach

With all my heart I wanted to like it

Shit had more filler than One Piece and less payoff than the new Battlestar Galactica

jezus

Kaladin

Shit had more filler than One Piece and less payoff than the new Battlestar Galactica

jezus

The best way to look at Bleach is to stop after the rescue arc and treat that as the end. It's all down here from there.

jezus

Join us for the manga finale next week where we can finally be at peace with the fact that time was invested into a product more nonsensical than sports entertainment.

Ronin Ray

Sounds Awesome I had no clue they were coming here

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA was never on Bleach's level. Bleach was once the next big thing. The better last decade indie promotion to compare bleach to is ROH.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know, TNA trying to be something much better and more successful(WCW)

I just want Yu Yu Hakusho to be the WCW equivalent

Sephzilla

Buu Saga started painfully slow in the first half, but god DAMN at the second half. Kinda like an indy dweeb match, when you think about it.

The problem with the Buu Saga is that it literally wastes all of its cool moments.
  • Vegeta's kick ass sacrifice is hollow because Buu no-sells it the very next episode
  • Goku turning SSJ3 is wasted because it ultimately doesn't matter
  • Gotenkts in general doesn't matter
  • Gohan gets the mystic powerup and returns to being a badass only to job to Super Buu.
  • Vegeta's death is double-wasted since they just bring him back because reasons
  • A big buildup to Vegito, and then he jobs to Buu an episode or two later
[IronShiek] FUCK THE BUUS SAGA [/IronShiek]

Y'all forgetting when Goku locked in the Walls on Tien?

2841063-gokuwallofjerichohold.jpg

THAT'S A GODDAMN BOSTON CRAB

The problem with the Buu Saga is that it literally wastes all of its cool moments.

• [*]Vegeta's kick ass sacrifice is hollow because Buu no-sells it the very next episode
  • Goku turning SSJ3 is wasted because it ultimately doesn't matter
  • Gotenkts in general doesn't matter
  • Gohan gets the mystic powerup and returns to being a badass only to job to Super Buu.
  • Vegeta's death is double-wasted since they just bring him back because reasons
  • A big buildup to Vegito, and then he jobs to Buu an episode or two later
[IronShiek] FUCK THE BUUS SAGA [/IronShiek]
This is my biggest fucking gripe with the show. As a Vegeta mark, it was nice to finally get a bone throne your way. But then Buu fucking no sells it and beats the Wyatt Family Z fighters like 5 on 1.

Top Bottom