• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't be the only WrassleGAFfer who likes Roman Reigns moving to sitout powerbomb based offense.

Also, dude has tripled the number of times he's been pinned clean in the last week. I feel like if Vince listens to reason he can actually convert this dude into a guy people actually like because I don't think the thing people hate about him is something other than being booked like invincible babyface superman.

notworksafe

I agree, Roman changing up his style is for the better. But dude looks like he's struggling when lifting people up and that's not a good look. Definitely fixable though and even with the struggling it looks better than 50 superman punches and spears in a row.

Shadow780

That DBZ thread on Reddit

17756%20-%20Raw%20Renee_Young%20autoplay_gif%20corpsing%20gif%20smiling%20wwe.gif

Flair said that the match with his daughter Charlotte and Sasha Banks was the greatest women’s match that he’s ever seen on TV and he has finally got his daughter convinced that losing doesn’t matter. He said that he’s extremely happy for both women and Charlotte was very happy with her performance. Flair said that he’s a fan of the new format of Raw. Flair said that he heard that Sasha and Charlotte will wrestle again at SummerSlam.

He said, “I mean, last night [at] SmackDown, Dolph Ziggler, man. I mean, [Dolph] finally got his due again. What a great match that was on SmackDown. Dolph won. Now he goes against [Dean Ambrose] at SummerSlam. That match is long overdue for my friend, Dolph.” Flair gave a birthday shout out to Dolph and Triple H.

He continued, “I think last night…that was really a good match at the end. I watched the entire show. Bray Wyatt coming back means so much to the product. John Cena looked great. Of course, AJ Styles is off the hook. I think that [Ziggler’s win] caught everybody off guard, which is really good for TV and good for the company. He’s had the push before, but sometimes you just get lost in the shuffle. There’s a ton of talent there. Of course, the returning Randy Orton was spectacular and Randy, when he’s healthy, he’s the best performer in our business right now unless Hunter is working, so I’m so happy for Randy to be back. I think everything’s great!”

Flair put over the production and he said that people were telling him that Smackdown was better than Raw but he didn’t necessarily agree with that. He also talked about Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor from Monday night. Flair said, “I thought Roman should have won. I know Finn Balor to say ‘hi’ only. I’m a big fan of Roman Reigns. I’ll be honest with you…Finn Balor reminds me of Dynamite Kid. They’re very similar in appearance, same kind of work, and, I mean, he’s a great performer. I’m certainly not taking anything away from his performance or the match, but I’m a fan of Roman Reigns, so I’m saying something that I’m partial about. I think Roman, to me, has one of the greatest looks ever in the business. He’s as handsome as can be. He speaks well. He got his self-confidence back. He has been through some ups and downs, which we all go through in life, but, I mean, I’m just a big fan of his. That doesn’t take anything away from Finn Balor and where I think where I see Dolph against [Dean Ambrose] as being huge at SummerSlam, I see that as being a bigger match than I see Finn Balor versus Seth Rollins. I just think Seth got too much experience. And like I said before about Randy, Seth Rollins is the second Randy Orton. He’s that good.”

Flair added, “If I’m looking at what’s going to draw money, what I would pay to see, I would pay to see Dolph against Ambrose before I’d pay to see Finn Balor against Seth Rollins. So I think it’s phenomenal. I think Finn Balor is great too. I just think you’ve got a legitimate heavyweight in Seth Rollins, a legitimate heavyweight in Roman Reigns, and I don’t think we’ll ever see the day, and I could be totally wrong, that a cruiserweight will ever main event a WrestleMania. And that’s kind of what you have to look at, I think, in the total picture of the business.” Flair’s co-host Conrad Thompson asked if Flair considered Balor a cruiserweight. Flair said, “he’s of that size. If you look at the two of them side by side, he’s got a great physique, gosh, but he’s smaller. Yeah, I don’t think he weighs 200 pounds.”

This is the interview with hbk where he talks about a Cruiserweight never main eventing Mania.

UberTag

In no world was the Orton/Christian Program the worst of anything, that was a great feud and the match where Christian cheated his way to the championship was a big part of why MITB 2011 is the best WWE PPV of All time
I challenge anyone to find a better long-term feud that Orton has had with any performer.
Because I honestly can't think of one.

And it was pretty one-sided in terms of results, too.
But those matches were almost all exceptional.

That Nakamura interview with Jericho is pretty good. Says his favorite match he ever had was the Ibushi match at WK.

Chris Jericho does a podcast with Nakamura

and is trying to speak with a Japanese accent and mannerisms.

WTF

He did the same with Gedo and Jado. Speaking slower and a little broken helps the Japanese guys who aren't native speakers follow the questions a bit better.

bjork

I watched seasons 1 and 2 of Beavis and Butt-Head (by air date, not by Mike Judge's retcon) and I gotta say, that was a fun show. Hadn't seen some of those episodes in years.

Top Bottom