• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

Kaladin

The best wrasslin' in non-wrasslin media moment this year was Batman rock bottom-ing some jobber near the end of Batman v Superman

The Rock calls gimmick infringement

stv29.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Vegeta should and does fail there.

Buu is magic, he don't have to job to a jabroni like Vegeta. Goku is way stronger than Vegeta and even he fights Buu to a no contest.

Buu did have backstage politicking and stroke to go over Mystic Gohan though. Talk about a fuck finish.

Barrage

This was great. Hope he doesn't get stuck in jobber hell cause of his gimmick.
I know he will :/

No Way Jose spit a money promo on Wednesday that showed me he can also be taken seriously. Now havinn seen he can work heel I have high hopes for the guy.

I just woke up to anime/manga talk in a wrestling thread. Have some of you guys seen the Bleach manga thread?

Anyway, back to wrestling:

If you were to take any two wrestlers from different eras, and pit them together in a dream match, who would you choose?

I would go with Arn vs Angle or Sammartino vs Rude.

Almost done with that first video linked with before he was No Way Jose going around that festival. I see more of him potentially having a bright future than I did before.
My daughter called me out on the way to the car for lying about No Way Jose, who I thought would be there because he was retweeting other wrestlers saying they were going to be there. But we all had a great time.

Yeah, I saw a pic of him with Sara Lee and she was wearing a Spurs hat, I would've assumed also that he would be there.

I just woke up to anime/manga talk in a wrestling thread. Have some of you guys seen the Bleach manga thread?

If you were to take any two wrestlers from different eras, and pit them together in a dream match, who would you choose?

Brock v Backlund

Tyler v 92 HBK

Bruiser v Harper

Andre v Show

Owen & Davey v The New Hart Foundation

Cesaro v Bret

Bryan v Benny Warts

New Jack v Abdullah

Luna v Victoria

Rick M v Val

Tito Santana v Chavo

Ron Simmons v Batista

Generico v Bradshaw

Stan Hansen v Bradshaw

Mark Henry v Stan Hansen

Big Rhonda v Kharma

Aja Kong v Asuka

Magnum TA v Scott Hall

Sephzilla

bhart.jpg
VS
drobson320_nsm.jpg

So many good things you could play into this match. US vs Canada. Who's the best pure wrestler. Who could make the other tap out. The actual match would be phenomenal. The promo work between the two would probably be some solid stuff too (Angle was always a good promo and Hart was underrated a bit)

miserable

bhart.jpg
VS
drobson320_nsm.jpg

So many good things you could play into this match. US vs Canada. Who's the best pure wrestler. Who could make the other tap out. The actual match would be phenomenal. The promo work between the two would probably be some solid stuff too (Angle was always a good promo and Hart was underrated a bit)

this was my dream match too. such a shame what happened with Bret :(

Too bad Bret would refuse to job.
The problem with the Buu Saga is that it literally wastes all of its cool moments.
  • Vegeta's kick ass sacrifice is hollow because Buu no-sells it the very next episode
  • Goku turning SSJ3 is wasted because it ultimately doesn't matter
  • Gotenkts in general doesn't matter
  • Gohan gets the mystic powerup and returns to being a badass only to job to Super Buu.
  • Vegeta's death is double-wasted since they just bring him back because reasons
  • A big buildup to Vegito, and then he jobs to Buu an episode or two later
[IronShiek] FUCK THE BUUS SAGA [/IronShiek]

THAT'S A GODDAMN BOSTON CRAB
Wasting moments sounds like an indy nerd trait, so thanks for proving me right!

Zach

bhart.jpg
VS
drobson320_nsm.jpg

Angle was one guy who stood out after my wrassle prime. He's, like, the only reason I look forward to watching PPVs after WCW's demise. Can't wait to see more from the guy.

Brock v Backlund

Tyler v 92 HBK

Bruiser v Harper

Andre v Show

Owen & Davey v The New Hart Foundation

Cesaro v Bret

Bryan v Benny Warts

New Jack v Abdullah

Luna v Victoria

Rick M v Val

Tito Santana v Chavo

Ron Simmons v Batista

Generico v Bradshaw

Stan Hansen v Bradshaw

Mark Henry v Stan Hansen

Big Rhonda v Kharma

Aja Kong v Asuka

Magnum TA v Scott Hall

The one's in bold are of particular interest to me.

Sephzilla

HBK vs AJ would be a fucking show stealing match

I'd like to see 1996 Stone Cold vs CM Punk for the promo wars alone.

Also, how about something stupid like Zandig vs Ambrose

Sephzilla

Actually wait, I'm taking back my Austin/Punk suggestion for something slightly better in terms of great promos.

1996 Austin vs 1980's Jake The Snake

I needed to be specific about the eras because Jake was a husk of himself by the time he fought Austin at KOTR

Kaladin

Actually wait, I'm taking back my Austin/Punk suggestion for something slightly better in terms of great promos.

1996 Austin vs 1980's Jake The Snake

I needed to be specific about the eras because Jake was a husk of himself by the time he fought Austin at KOTR

Replace that with 1997 Austin when he was on fire, or 1996 Jerry Lawler so they could have an actual feud instead of Lawler just laying into him on TV every week.

Sephzilla

Hogan vs Cena with Hogan going over.
Or Shawn/AJ
Or Pre-exploded neck Austin/AJ

This match would never end because neither person would want to do the job. Or alternatively cause an infinite rematch loop where they keep getting their wins back against each other.

Prime Hogan + Prime Cena + 50/50 Booking = Heat death of the WWE universe

Top Bottom