• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

Pikma

Banned
Ryback.

Cody Rhodes.

Wade Barrett.

Damien Sandow.

Think how much better SD would be with these fellas.
It's so damn stupid they let these guys go because, you know, "they didn't have room/any plans for them anymore" then two months later they announce a brand split and start looking for and begging a bunch of old mostly mediocre midcarders to return

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
theres a guy with a luchador mask in the UFC weigh ins

they gone full carny havent they?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Steiners vs The Briscos(the good ones, not the homophobic ones.)

I'd love to see veteran Jack put these little suplex high energy wrestlers down to the mat and show them some proper wrasslin

Kane2000.jpg

I always liked this player 2 inverted colors look best.

It's so damn stupid they let these guys go because, you know, "they didn't have room/any plans for them anymore" then two months later they announce a brand split and start looking for and begging a bunch of old mostly mediocre midcarders to return

The only one they let go was Sandow. Ryback wanted a better spot or at least better pay and bailed when he got told he'd get neither, Cody asked for his release, and Barrett let them know well in advance he wouldn't re-sign and then asked for his release a few weeks before his deal was due to expire

Barrett was the only real loss imo

Pikma

Banned
The only one they let go was Sandow. Ryback wanted a better spot or at least better pay and bailed when he got told he'd get neither, Cody asked for his release, and Barrett let them know well in advance he wouldn't re-sign and then asked for his release a few weeks before his deal was due to expire

Barrett was the only real loss imo
But why did those three guys leave? If you told them there'd be a brand split and one of the rosters would be barren as fuck (i.e. more opportunities), I'm pretty sure at least two of them would've stayed

Nekofrog

Banned
I loved no way Jose's intensity promo, I hope it leads to his character being a happy go lucky fun loving guy who has a brutal dark place when pushed too hard by people that causes him to brutalize people. His promo gave me the impression he could pull it off super well

But why did those three guys leave? If you told them there'd be a brand split and one of the rosters would be barren as fuck (i.e. more opportunities), I'm pretty sure at least two of them would've stayed

I mentioned why Ryback bailed. Cody had other stuff in wrestling he wanted to do, in addition to the stuff he mentioned in his tweet explanation where he was sick of backstage shit. Barrett wants to act and do stuff outside of wrestling, at least for a while. Only one who may have benefited from the brand split was Ryback, and even then it's questionable because it's unlikely he would have been paid better for his role.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Volk Han vs Katsuyori Shibata

Also, early 1980's Jumbo vs anyone half decent and it'd be an amazing match.

Volk Han would embarrass "the wrestler" - let's be real! It'd kill what mystique Shibata still has for most folks. Volk Han is top tier talent.

Styles vs HBK would be somethin special.
It really would. I'm assuming that HBK still has another Mania-centric run in him? A few short tussles leading to one massive, much hyped match?

(HBK vs Ziggler, in a battle to see who can be the real HBK. That sounds like a thing Vinny Mac would want, even if nobody else did.)

#ShootFriday. I never cared about Sandow, and honestly wasn't that upset he got released. Happy the guy is getting some good work in other promotions, but I never really could think of him as a main event contender.

I think deep down we were all a bit confused that Sandow got the briefcase (I actually thought Cody might earn it back through his feud with Sandow but nooope), in retrospect Cena retaining on that cash in was the right choice lest we ended up with another dud WHC like Swagger and Ziggler.

There is literally no way WWE did not have this plan start in feb/march because of how TV production works. Any major shift in a TV schedule, like this, is planned months in advance.

They knew about the Smackdown schedule obviously, but the actual brand split/draft probably was just an idea they were kicking around.

I think deep down we were all a bit confused that Sandow got the briefcase (I actually thought Cody might earn it back through his feud with Sandow but nooope), in retrospect Cena retaining on that cash in was the right choice lest we ended up with another dud WHC like Swagger and Ziggler.
Don't worry Nocturnowl, they're all going to pay when I release havoc with 30 kane gifs in one post.

kane-laugh-o.gif

Top Bottom