• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

Jamie OD

Is G1 just shit this year? I see nobody talking about it and there's not even a thread this time?

It's been good but a step below recent years. Losing Shinsuke, AJ and Ibushi plus Tanahashi wrestling with a bad injury leaves a big hole of talent to fill. Marufuji and SANADA have been great so far though.

Also personal matters like a busy job and a thankfully improving social life means I have to catch up on shows far later instead of live so I haven't been able to post about it much anywhere.

bjork

Woke up, didn't feel so great. I tried to call in, and they said it was too busy and to call back. So I decided to just go in and try to get done as soon as possible. Got in, worked like 30 minutes, and then told them I was going home sick. Super dizzy, so I'm sitting here watching UPF and when that's over, bed for like 20 hours.

klonere

Banned
#BIGMIKE and Kenny just killed it, another fantastic match. They had to follow the excellet Nagata/Nakajima match as well. Hats off to both. Kenny also Too Sweeted a baby again.

Zach

iSPpGQf.jpg

Elgin vs. Omega was frigging fantastic. Elgin won.

Naito vs. Shibata was pretty good also. Lots of hate. Shibata won by making Naito pass the fuck out.

Hycran

Banned
If you ask WWE, Chris Jericho had one of the most impactful debuts of all time. What they consistently forget is that he got clowned on by the Rock mercilessly and would have been buried were he not the ayatollah of rock n' rollah. Jericho is the GOAT.

Such a breath of fresh air in otherwise a shitty period of WWE.
I remember a friend of mine who was from the uk wanted to spoil it for me so bad. So I watch the match and I'm like, oh hbk won, good. So I ask him what was so important, he's like oh it's nothing, I thought hbk actually won the title but he didn't.

WrestleBritGaf - got tickets for Brixton Progress. I'm very excited, never been to a Progress event before!

I also got tickets for ROH in London, not watched a show of there's since 2006 (was when I converted full time to PWG) so should be interesting.

PROGRESS card for tomorrow, proper stacked;

qUqze42.gif

WrestleBritGaf - got tickets for Brixton Progress. I'm very excited, never been to a Progress event before!

I also got tickets for ROH in London, not watched a show of there's since 2006 (was when I converted full time to PWG) so should be interesting.

Nice, you've probably picked a good one for your first PROGRESS show! I got front row for ROH in London, hoping it delivers as the prices were pretty expensive compared to PROGRESS.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Had this discussion with some people last night about PWG and how much it's fallen off. Tickets are hotter than ever, I guess, but it does come off like a small servicing crowd that just want to go so they can chant and FallingEdge can sweat. Rather than build an interesting promotion, they just grab 'who's hot this week' from Europe, Lucha, and ex-WWE guys and don't even attempt to build interesting stories.

The issue with that is the promotions those guys come from are already doing that and usually have better production values. I can watch a better top to bottom card from AAW doing the same things PWG used to do for a cheaper price with better booked matches, for example.

AAW does the supercard booking of indie guys and they put out better matches, for example. Pentagon vs Hero and Pentagon vs Fenix at AAW are better than anything out of PWG in the last 5 years.

Top Bottom