• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

Menome

Also:

Macho Man:

5brEEXS.jpg

The Drifter:

WWE finally added Raws from when I started watching to the Network. Admittedly it's a pretty bad period (06-07), but I have nostalgia for it. Starting with the first Raw of 2006. First match is Kane vs. HBK.

Kane. In 2006.

Zach

Booker T looks amazing, though. He doesn't exactly pull off the getup, but a lesser man's career would've been OVAH.

I just got the Death Valley Driver 80's project DVD set for Puerto Rico and Portland. I watched the first match from Puerto Rico. Here are my thoughts from the first match:

Abdullah Butcher vs Carlos Colon (September 1981)

Video starts off with a closeup of Abdullah the Butcher getting stitches on his forehead. Absolutely disgusting. Ref checks Abdullah so many times for weapons! The beginning of the match has Carlos working over the Butcher's right side of the head for several minutes with Abdullah not having any offense. Abdullah comes back after the ref holds back Carlos. Abdullah is in a crimson mask and hits Carlos low. Abdullah in control for several minutes until Carlos kicks Butcher in the groin. It quickly goes to brawling outside the ring. Carlos with the blade job. Once it goes back in the ring, the crowd has moved forward surrounds the ring! While Carlos and the Butcher are throwing punches in the ring, there is a fight happening in the crowd. Abdullah with the first "wrestling move" near the end of the match: an elbow drop, which he hits multiple times. The ref stops the match due to blood loss. The crowd is going fucking nuts And land some shots on Abdullah!

I thought this was pretty cool. I've never seen Carlos Colon wrestle before, and he throws some good punches. The way he was working over Abdullah's head was pretty good, and he is a good seller. I love this crowd so far, and I bet Puerto Rico goes even crazier in the later matches of this set.

He wears pink tights backpacks though!

Natural babyface with that backstory. He'll come off a helicopter and body Infiltration on the deck of the USS Intrepid to the cheers of millions.

The LI Express is coming to Evo 2017.

Also, dream match: Jeff Cobb vs. Scott Norton and Jeff Cobb vs. Yoshihiko.

Syder

You know what annoys me anout this picture? They dont have her side plates on her belt yet if i won a belt id almost demand that shot 3 wwe logos looks weak hopefully she does have some and not just 3 logos
Any chance she's holding a replica there? It has a pretty tacky look in that picture there. I feel like it might be a fan replica or one given to her by the company to take to public events.

I'll be legit mad if they don't give her sideplates after Charlotte got hers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is G1 just shit this year? I see nobody talking about it and there's not even a thread this time?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You know what annoys me anout this picture? They dont have her side plates on her belt yet if i won a belt id almost demand that shot 3 wwe logos looks weak hopefully she does have some and not just 3 logos
That's because they have both TV belts and the low quality ones they use on house shows, etc.

Top Bottom