• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Tom Nook

HMs:

austin%2Bentrance.gif

and the GOAT...........

HHHnodding.gif

by a guy who's never owned a MK game, no less
It must be a troll thread, I hope it is.
To be honest, I had the same emotions when the brothers Matt and Jeff fought :( He could have killed him with those fireworks.
It's still real to me dammit!
I had to see what was up with this and yeeep. I can't even
This is why friendships exist in the MK universe.

I thought he had promise back when he didn't wear kneepads. And his hideously disfigured phase was kind of fun. And then that match or two he had with his family was a good time.

He's had some moments, for sure, but boooy, he's never been close to top tier.

That's the biggest issue with him. He doesn't realise that he should be a good mid-tier guy. He should be pursuing the US title or whatever, not wanting the main belt. Wasn't going to happen, and shouldn't have happened.

Sephzilla

One day when we're old as shit we will see it. Hollywood is so creatively bankrupt that they will throw this shit at the wall to see if it sticks.

Yeah but we'll never get Peter Weller RoboCop vs Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator. Weller is the only guy who makes RoboCop work, for lack of a better term. He does a lot of subtle acting and movements that were completely lost on everyone else who played the role after him. Like, you'd imagine there isn't much acting required by a guy who is supposed to be a cyborg and spends most of the movie almost completely covered up, but holy fuck it became apparent how important he was after he was gone.

Managed to make it to Toudoukan (sp?) today, since it's our last full day here and didn't have anything planned. Didn't pick up anything, but it's basically a treasure trove of wrestling stuff. Oh, and I saw a "Game Over? Damn right I'm over" T-shirt, which made me chuckle.

GOAT:
tenor.gif

HM:
9GfL0a5.png
This guy knows what's up.
NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] Cuz we are all made of stars...

G1 Climax 27 - Dave, It's full of stars!

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's not another WWE Tournament
Come on, jabronies. It's
NJPW G1 Climax 27 |OT| Legend of the Seven Stars.

WWE has a list of the best WWE matches of 2017 so far. Thoughts? Here's their list, what's your top WWE matches so far?

http://www.wwe.com/article/top-10-matches-of-2017-so-far

10. Neville vs. Rich Swann — WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match (Raw, March 6)

9. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Carmella vs. Tamina — Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match (SmackDown LIVE, June 27)

8. Gentleman Jack Gallagher vs. TJP vs. Cedric Alexander vs. Noam Dar vs. Mustafa Ali — WWE Cruiserweight Championship No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 5-Way Elimination Match (205 Live, Feb. 7)

7. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns (Raw, May 29)

6. Big Show vs. Braun Strowman (Raw, Feb. 20)

5. Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles (WrestleMania)

4. Finn Bálor vs. Seth Rollins vs. The Miz — Triple Threat Intercontinental Championship No. 1 Contender’s Match (Raw, May 1)

3. AJ Styles vs. John Cena — WWE Championship Match (Royal Rumble)

2. The Authors of Pain vs. #DIY vs. The Revival — Triple Threat NXT Tag Team Championship Elimination Match (NXT TakeOver: Orlando)

1. Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne — WWE United Kingdom Championship Match (NXT TakeOver: Chicago)

Yeah but we'll never get Peter Weller RoboCop vs Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator. Weller is the only guy who makes RoboCop work, for lack of a better term. He does a lot of subtle acting and movements that were completely lost on everyone else who played the role after him. Like, you'd imagine there isn't much acting required by a guy who is supposed to be a cyborg and spends most of the movie almost completely covered up, but holy fuck it became apparent how important he was after he was gone.

Mark.

Draxal

I honestly remember back in the day when I started to watch wrestling again was right before Rocky Maivia came back (like 2 weeks before he came back).

.RS.P-W was merciless to him back in the day (kinda reminds me of how Roman is treated now, but the scale is much worse now due to volume and duration); and the first time he did the people's elbow he got zero heat.

So my top three.

1. Rock.
2. Stone Cold.
3. Really don't have one tbh.

WWE has a list of the best WWE matches of 2017 so far. Thoughts? Here's their list, what's your top WWE matches so far?

10. Neville vs. Rich Swann — WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match (Raw, March 6)

9. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Carmella vs. Tamina — Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match (SmackDown LIVE, June 27)

8. Gentleman Jack Gallagher vs. TJP vs. Cedric Alexander vs. Noam Dar vs. Mustafa Ali — WWE Cruiserweight Championship No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 5-Way Elimination Match (205 Live, Feb. 7)

4. Finn Bálor vs. Seth Rollins vs. The Miz — Triple Threat Intercontinental Championship No. 1 Contender’s Match (Raw, May 1)

2. The Authors of Pain vs. #DIY vs. The Revival — Triple Threat NXT Tag Team Championship Elimination Match (NXT TakeOver: Orlando)

1. Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne — WWE United Kingdom Championship Match (NXT TakeOver: Chicago)
No nakamura vs Roode? No elimination chamber? No more UK bouts? This list is lacking.

Heroman

Banned

This is a terrible list , like they don't even have the actual great WWE match like the Fatal 5 way.

I'd add Bayley vs Charlotte from Raw when Bayley won the title, Roman vs KO at the rumble and the Elimination Chamber match.

Brock/Berg should be #1 on that list.
I think Dunne/Bate was good, but it just didn't have the oomph that Nakamura/Zayn did (or DIY/Revival in Toronto but that was in November).
There hasn't even been a match as good as Owens/Zayn at Battleground 2016 this year in WWE.

Typical WWE list lol

10 is way too damn much, but I think my top 3 are still

1. Pete Dunne vs Tyler Bate at NXT Takeover

2. Pete Dunne vs Mark Andrews at the UK Championship Special

3. Pete Dunne vs Tyler Bate at the UK Championship Special

I really don't know what my favorite main roster match is, it really might be the first Big Show vs Braun Strowman match, that or AJ Styles vs John Cena

I think Dunne/Bate was good, but it just didn't have the oomph that Nakamura/Zayn did (or DIY/Revival in Toronto but that was in November).

Nak/Zayn was 2016, this is for 2017

The only reason Nak/Zayn had OOMPH was because of the hype around Nakamura. I'd argue most WWE fans didn't have nearly anywhere the hype around Dunne/Bate (combined) and they blew it out of the park.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Well at least the number 1 is right.

Top Bottom