• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Syder

OK WG crew....

Who is your greatest of all time.
You get one pick and one honorable mention.
Preferably someone who is not current or not in your top 5 unless that is the case.

GOAT

Honorable mention:

tumblr_myhqrspQq21shf9jmo1_400.gif

Dishonorable mention:

EtGTuq.gif

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
GOAT:
kHsGvTi.jpg

Incredible on the mic, incredible in the ring, has reinvented himself (successfully) a million times and remains not only relevant, but amazing even today despite being in his 40's.

Honorable Mention:
xOLcPcA.gif

Not only is he arguably the best in ring worker *ever*, but he's absolutely fucking hilarious. Dude had me in stitches damn near every time he got on the microphone. Amazing.

Mania 1 looks so fucking ancient. Like, you could tell me it happened during the 40s and I'd believe you.
GOAT

http://static.squarespace.com/static/522a2049e4b0a0ce717e990c/t/5271a985e4b083a31aebbe8c/1383180808865/[IMG]

Honorable mention:

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/b21b982ce3d4cdbd35e4e976031e12aa/tumblr_myhqrspQq21shf9jmo1_400.gif[IMG]

[SPOILER]Dishonorable mention:

[IMG]http://i.makeagif.com/media/3-01-2014/EtGTuq.gif[IMG][/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
I can't imagine being a Benoit fan and then the tragedy happening.
[quote="Sinatar, post: 242820459"]GOAT:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/kHsGvTi.jpg[img]

Incredible on the mic, incredible in the ring, has reinvented himself (successfully) a million times and remains not only relevant, but amazing even today despite being in his 40's.

Honorable Mention:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/xOLcPcA.gif[img]

Not only is he arguably the best in ring worker *ever*, but he's absolutely fucking hilarious. Dude had me in stitches damn near every time he got on the microphone. Amazing.[/QUOTE]
I love that these two guys aren't marks for themselves and give back.
[quote="Professor Beef, post: 242820468"]GOAT: The Rock

HM: Austin[/QUOTE]
😂😂😂😂

I love that these two guys aren't marks for themselves and give back.

Definitely. Seem like actual top notch dudes.

I think my hope is that after the fallout from what will take place in #5years more people will watch DDT.

*edit* it is very unlikely Regal ever leaves my all time top 5.

Syder

I can't imagine being a Benoit fan and then the tragedy happening.
That's what caused me to lapse. The product had been declining for years but I still had Eddie and my favourite, Benoit, and then I didn't. Chris Benoit would absolutely be my GOAT if he hadn't have done what he did, now his name just makes me angry. I didn't think I'd come back to wrestling ever again until MITB 2011.

H1PSTER

What're your favourite wrestling Podcasts? I'm quote enjoying E&C's Pod of Awesomeness, Jim Cornette's and Jim Smallman's.

Meltz and his ratings for Okada are ridiculous but his opinion is just an opinion.
Spiderman homecoming was good, third best film behind spiderman 2 and 1.
I get to watching fucking Metallica live tonight, I've been talking about this with my friends for years and it's finally happening. My dad has seen them 3 times, one of them at Woodstock 99 so its time for me to catchup.
Also Im so happy Twin peaks returns Sunday, this tiny break was terrible.

Recall

What're your favourite wrestling Podcasts? I'm quote enjoying E&C's Pod of Awesomeness, Jim Cornette's and Jim Smallman's.

Lapsed Fan and New Generation Project Podcast.

Lapsed Fan is very in depth and hilarious, New Gen is about looking back at 93-98 WCW and WWF, a more formulaiac but still entertaining listen.

Mulholland Dr. might be my favorite movie ever. Fucking hell.
Watched it for the first time last Sunday since there was no twin peaks. Had no idea what the fuck I watched but someones very good explanation in off topic made it make sense to me and in retrospect made me appreciate way more. Lynch is a madman

Watched it for the first time last Sunday since there was no twin peaks. Had no idea what the fuck I watched but someones very good explanation in off topic made it make sense to me and in retrospect made me appreciate way more. Lynch is a madman

Apparently Lynch has said they exist in the same narrative universe and Mulholland Dr. was originally going to be a spin off about Audrey going to Hollywood.

Makes you think about the person behind the diner. The cube. The layout of Club Silencio and a lot of other things.

I hadn't rewatched it in years and the last 45 minutes just floored me.

GOAT (
also COAT
:
hrnzs38.gif

Honorable mention:
flairpru0a.gif

So many other amazing wrestlers. Austin, Angle, Sting in the next row.

Hogan and Flair were both insanely captivating over such huge periods of time through WWF, WCW & even TNA (for better or worse).

Jamie OD

I've grown tired of the nostalgia podcasts but OSW Review is still a must watch/listen whenever a new one comes out.

Voices Of Wrestling is a divisive show but even if I don't agree with some of their opinions they are very knowledgeable about the current scene. And you get a good passionate rant from one of them every episode.

VOW hosts other shows and the best one of the lot is called Music Of The Mat. It's all about music in wrestling and they go into so much detail about their chosen topic. Since so much wrestling music is knock offs of proper songs they delve deep into that and point out the influences.

Colt Cabana's Art Of Wrestling and its British equivalent Morgan Webster's Wrestling Friends are also usually great wrestler interviews depending on who you are into. You're bound to find a bunch of wrestlers you like who have talked to Colt.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Or you could believe that Okada could have a **** match with a toaster, and that cody is slightly better then a toaster. Also I'm fairly sure the atmosphere derived by the crowds visceral hatred of cody not because of his promos but simply his lack of skiill was worth ½ a star on it's own, so maybe cody is equal to a toaster

The third way

Okada had a **** match with Bad Luck Fale of all people.

If only Cody had the in-ring ability to match his charisma, but he doesn't, and his offence all looks wack.

I feel confident in saying this, in 2-3 years, he will be considered the GOAT:

200.gif

He's not even 30 and he's rewriting the rules of match quality in wrestling.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I just had a realsation that I'm old. Found a Simpsons arcade machine in the wild today. "I played this when I was a kid 10 years ago!"

"You were 17 10 years ago"

"Ok 20 years ago...and a bit more"

:(

early 90s wcw is the pinnacle of tag team wrestling. even hayes isn't horrible
tumblr_oa6bvkvmBo1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

jimmy jam is the hbk of the team though

A lot of people balked when Garvin was announced for the HoF with Hayes/Gordy/Roberts, but I have no problem with it. Yeah it was obviously a Hayes call, but Garvin is good enough on his own to be a part of the group, and while the 90's Freebirds never eclipsed the 80's Freebirds, they were still a damn fun team.

Zach

Is it shit? I need to know if I should watch it or not.

As a Castlevania mark I have a feeling it will upset me.
I am not the person to ask. Like, I don't watch a lot of adult cartoonz. And I'm not super into Castlevania.

But after the first episode, I'm down to watch the other three.

Top Bottom