• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Sephzilla

GOAT

tumblr_myhqrspQq21shf9jmo1_400.gif

HM

bret_hart_-_titantron.gif

Sephzilla

I've generally always thought Cody was pretty decent. But Cody strikes me as a guy who overrates himself a little because of his last name.

Recall

Okada gives us exciting matches and it's now a problem?

Jesus Christ.

Zach you have your WCW PPV grades handy for one to have a looksie at?

Zach

lol @ Dave's quiet realization about Summerslam on the last Observer Radio

"Shiiiiiiiit it's gonna be five hours...."

Enjoy, suckers!

I've generally always thought Cody was pretty decent. But Cody strikes me as a guy who overrates himself a little because of his last name.

I thought he had promise back when he didn't wear kneepads. And his hideously disfigured phase was kind of fun. And then that match or two he had with his family was a good time.

He's had some moments, for sure, but boooy, he's never been close to top tier.

Okada gives us exciting matches and it's now a problem?

Jesus Christ.

Zach you have your WCW PPV grades handy for one to have a looksie at?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-DZFggCg_SRzfdqC5PViUQjn0a3CxZnXTFC-hMyliOw/edit?usp=sharing

Let the man have his goddamn opinions, you nerds. Also, how is it actually possible to over or underrate anything? If I say Omega vs Okada II was the best match I've ever seen, who are you to tell me that I'm wrong? Just some chump, sharing his subjective opinion on another person's subjective opinion.

Sephzilla

Let the man have his goddamn opinions, you nerds. Also, how is it actually possible to over or underrate anything? If I say Omega vs Okada II was the best match I've ever seen, who are you to tell me that I'm wrong? Just some chump, sharing his subjective opinion on another person's subjective opinion.

You're wrong because the best match ever is Austin/Bret, simple as that ;)

I thought he had promise back when he didn't wear kneepads. And his hideously disfigured phase was kind of fun. And then that match or two he had with his family was a good time.

Cody's Dr Doom phase was great. He wasn't afraid to reinvent himself a few times during his WWE run

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
GOAT:
Bret Hart

200.gif

HM:
Mr. Perfect

giphy.gif

Had to pick up the Destino LIJ shirt with the sale going on. It'll look beast with the Red Suede 5s that I picked up, worn by Enzo while being thrown by his buddy.

What did you guys pick up? I already have the "I-Watched-A-Kenny-Omega-Match-Generic-Bullet Club" shirt and was tempted to get the Tekken one.

Managed to make it to Toudoukan (sp?) today, since it's our last full day here and didn't have anything planned. Didn't pick up anything, but it's basically a treasure trove of wrestling stuff. Oh, and I saw a "Game Over? Damn right I'm over" T-shirt, which made me chuckle.

GOAT:
tenor.gif

HM:
9GfL0a5.png

What're your favourite wrestling Podcasts? I'm quote enjoying E&C's Pod of Awesomeness, Jim Cornette's and Jim Smallman's.

(Some Sort Of) Sidewalk Slam
Simon Miller's one

Admittedly I listen to both because I followed their stuff before they did wrestling stuff, but I enjoy hearing their opinions nonetheless.

Sephzilla

Macho Man is a damn good pick for GOAT. He was probably the most complete wrestler ever.

It sucks that Hogan basically had to overshadow him for his entire career

Had to pick up the Destino LIJ shirt with the sale going on. It'll look beast with the Red Suede 5s that I picked up, worn by Enzo while being thrown by his buddy.

What did you guys pick up? I already have the "I-Watched-A-Kenny-Omega-Match-Generic-Bullet Club" shirt and was tempted to get the Tekken one.
I'd like to grab LIJ or Takahashi but it's annoying they don't put the side graphics on them

Even more confusing when the Bushi design apparently has front, back, and both sleeves. You have the graphic, so do it?

Sephzilla

Zach is shook that I used the way back machine to dig up evidence of an A grade.

He forgets that my cyborg memory is perfect and admissible as evidence.

Yeah this is what I was getting at. Who cares if he rates something 3.5 or 18.314. If you want to use them as a barometer for interest in a PPV fine, but there's probably some poor rated matches by Dave's standard but may have been entertaining.

Example, I never saw the Punjabi Prison match with Batista and Khali. I know it's going to be an atrocious wrestling match, btu I'm still going to give it a look because it just sounds so dumb and absurd.

jmdajr

Looking back....

Steve Austin is indeed the GOAT. I don't think anyone did it better. He made you buy in all the way.

Sephzilla

Cody's end goal is to get that Royal Rumble return pop, win, and then point to the sign.

EDIT: Flair aint my #1 but he's in my top 5

Recall

Enjoy, suckers!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-DZFggCg_SRzfdqC5PViUQjn0a3CxZnXTFC-hMyliOw/edit?usp=sharing

I still don't understand how Souled Out 98 got a C.

Anyway cheers Zach.

I vote British Monsoon as my leader.

Top Bottom