• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Draxal

Nak/Zayn was 2016, this is for 2017

The only reason Nak/Zayn had OOMPH was because of the hype around Nakamura. I'd argue most WWE fans didn't have nearly anywhere the hype around Dunne/Bate (combined) and they blew it out of the park.

The poster I quoted was comparing 2017 to 2016.

And if it was in the UK Final; I think it could have topped Nak/Zayn but it wasn't.

Am I still in time for GOAT?

WDktI3w.gif

Hey you can't say I'm not consistent

WWE has a list of the best WWE matches of 2017 so far. Thoughts? Here's their list, what's your top WWE matches so far?

Top three seems on point.

I feel like there was another NXT match that surprised me, maybe Asuka vs Ember Moon?

The poster I quoted was comparing 2017 to 2016.

And if it was in the UK Final; I think it could have topped Nak/Zayn but it wasn't.

I feel like we have this talk at least once a quarter, but so much of Nak/Zayn was built around the hype of Nak showing up and his over the top entrance. It was by no means a bad match, but hype and excitement definitely had an impact on fan perception of that match. As a US viewer there was nothing to be worried about with this match knowing the two parties involved.

Dunne/Bate was a top to bottom good match that likely exceeded a lot of non UK wrestling fans expectations. Unless you knew who these guys were and their history you likely didn't know what to expect.

Yeah again I was there at Takeover and I could hear idiots behind me talking about how it was "two nobodies from Britain" or whatever

The crowd was into it from the beginning but as that match went on it just became more and more nuts, 2 or 3 standing ovations which I don't think were even really caught on TV when I rewatched

Amazing match, incredible vibes

Draxal

Yeah again I was there at Takeover and I could hear idiots behind me talking about how it was "two nobodies from Britain" or whatever

The crowd was into it from the beginning but as that match went on it just became more and more nuts, 2 or 3 standing ovations which I don't think were even really caught on TV when I rewatched

Amazing match, incredible vibes

Yeah, don't get me wrong I thought it was really impressive how the wrestlers won the crowd over (even if the crowd is super smarky like Chicago) and the place was rocking in the end.

But if that match was the UK final, which a had really hot crowd (especially for those two wrestlers), it would have been better just due to the the circumstances.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I thought it was really impressive how the wrestlers won the crowd over (even if the crowd is super smarky like Chicago) and the place was rocking in the end.

But if that match was the UK final, which a had really hot crowd (especially for those two wrestlers), it would have been better just due to the the circumstances.

This is contradicting your second statement. The fact that they were able to win over a traditionally "smarky" WWE centric Chicago crowd and get standing ovations should make it better than being a UK Final. You expect a final match to be good, you don't expect a match with "two nobodies" on an NXT card to blow the roof off.

Draxal

This is contradicting your second statement. The fact that they were able to win over a traditionally "smarky" WWE centric Chicago crowd and get standing ovations should make it better than being a UK Final. You expect a final match to be good, you don't expect a match with "two nobodies" on an NXT card to blow the roof off.

It is not contradictory at all, smarky crowds are usually into those such matches in the first place, but they really got into the match at the end.

The UK crowd was really hot, and it would have been a crowning achievement for an audience that a. had their first WWE tournament; b. had two local talent be rewarded. To be honest, the entire time I was watching the Chicago takeover match, I was wondering why this match couldn't happen in the UK (their match in the UK tournament was good, but this was much better). The circumstances around this match did not matter as much.

Beefy

Did my good deed today fam

Saw some creepy ass Brazilian dude (about 40) coming on to a receptionist(she is my age). Telling her she was pretty and he wants to take her to Brazil with him. Then he leant over desk and started rubbing her leg and saying how he liked her. So I stepped in and told the dude to stop being a cunt , dude looked at me and walked off. The receptionist thanked me and gave me her digits 😂

I'd be ok with out Enzo & Cass and Miz vs Dean part 12, but otherwise it looks pretty solid

Curious to see how the womans match goes with those two.
It's either a shoot stiff fest where we find out whether or not the two have heat with each other or not or Sasha carrying Alexa before she loses cleanly.

Probably the second one.

Saw some creepy ass Brazilian dude (about 40) coming on to a receptionist(she is my age). Telling her she was pretty and he wants to take her to Brazil with him. Then he leant over desk and started rubbing her leg and saying how he liked her. So I stepped in and told the dude to stop being a cunt , dude looked at me and walked off. The receptionist thanked me and gave me her digits 😂
Should have german suplexed him on the spot.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'd be ok with out Enzo & Cass and Miz vs Dean part 12, but otherwise it looks pretty solid

Curious to see how the womans match goes with those two.
Miz vs Dean should be ok. Hopefully Cass vs Enzo is a nice short squash match.

As for the women, I'm still not sold on Alexa in the ring. Not sure if Sasha can carry her to anything more than an ok match.

Zach

You should've left me and Dato alone.

Top Bottom