• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Also, I like Sabre enough that I am willing to wear his "Hurrah" shirt in public:
zacksabre1010_2.png

Egg0

Banned
From what I can remember, King of Pro-Wrestling (2015) is the first time he had a big match as 'LIJ Naito', which was the start of EVIL becoming the 'King of Darkness'.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

NJPW needs to sort out both their tag divisions. Who will TYB eternally feud with now RPG Vice are done.

Hopefully not Ricochet and Taguchi. For a hot minute I thought Ricochet was going to say him and Sydal would be challenging. For a minute, I believed.

Even if he is hurt it's a dumb thing to do.

Nah if he's hurt you can use it for anything can happen in the WWE even at House Shows.

Apparently Owens asked for a rematch tonight so he might just win it back before the night is through. We'll see

Fox318

I think the difference is that Marty's actually charismatic and fun to watch? Aries is generic indie wrestler 101. The biggest victim of 205 is Metalik.

I think they had a belt change then change back to the old holder at another house show not so long ago. I can't remember what the title was though.
CWC was so fucking awesome in how it treated wrestling like it was real and it meant something.

Then Vince gets his hands on it and we have months of Alecia "Fucks".

It's just mind blowing to me how he purposely puts out a bad product.

Fox318

Nah if he's hurt you can use it for anything can happen in the WWE even at House Shows.

Apparently Owens asked for a rematch tonight so he might just win it back before the night is through. We'll see
you have all this talent and you have to double book MSG?

CWC was so fucking awesome in how it treated wrestling like it was real and it meant something.

Then Vince gets his hands on it and we have months of Alecia "Fucks".

It's just mind blowing to me how he purposely puts out a bad product.

What's mindblowing to me is people keep saying this.

Vince isn't doing this stuff just because he loves it. Just like HHH isn't booking himself to fight Sting and overcome him/NWO with DX, himself to say people like Booker don't get to be champs, himself to win world titles and Rumbles just to make Reigns look stronger, just because he loves it.

They both, obviously, love it. But they both, also, genuinely believe it's good decisions. And it's awful WWE's fans continue to ignore that just because they think it all is intentional and that everything will be better when it's only one of them doing it, not both. Ignoring that not only will it still happen, but it'll still be considered the smart/right/good thing when it does.

Naw, the matches aren't the problem.

The matches aren't the only problem but they still are one. The CWC used a totally different style from the standard WWE match where as the majority of 205 matches are standard WWE matches. I'm saying this as somebody who thinks Neville vs Mustafa a few months ago was one of my favourite matches of the year.

Fox318

What's mindblowing to me is people keep saying this.

Vince isn't doing this stuff just because he loves it. Just like HHH isn't booking himself to fight Sting and overcome him/NWO with DX, himself to say people like Booker don't get to be champs, himself to win world titles and Rumbles just to make Reigns look stronger, just because he loves it.

They both, obviously, love it. But they both, also, genuinely believe it's good decisions. And it's awful WWE's fans continue to ignore that just because they think it all is intentional and that everything will be better when it's only one of them doing it, not both. Ignoring that not only will it still happen, but it'll still be considered the smart/right/good thing when it does.
If he truly enjoyed it he would have long term plans and those plans would show themselves in getting to product more popular.

Where is the story? They change plans every fucking day.

You ask most people what they want to do with any fiction they will usually lay out long term plan even if it's unrealistic. Vince pretty much has the ability to do whatever he wants with his product. He's got an event named after testicles. So where is the story for all these "characters"

If he truly enjoyed it he would have long term plans and those plans would show themselves in getting to product more popular.

Brock passing the torch to Reigns has been a thing they've had in mind for 3 years now, and are paying off at either Summerslam or Mania

Cena passing the torch to Reigns has been discussed for even longer, and is being paid off at Mania (either this coming one or the following one)

Not even getting to other Mania plans like Taker passing the torch to Reigns being set for, and to main event, Mania months as of the previous December, or Rock/Cena for a Mania being legit announced a full year in advance

You could definitely argue there aren't Enough long term plans, but they definitely have some that aren't screwed over by injuries or crazed fans

Fox318

https://twitter.com/Tama_Tonga/status/883498889923493892

'Bad Boy' Tama Tonga ✔ @Tama_Tonga
Commentating sucked at the #G1Special..at least @realkevinkelly knows the storylines and OUR F#CKING NAMES

Full props to Tama for calling JR out
Oh people need to calm the fuck down with commentary. Jr did a fine enough job.

And he's an actual fucking name who is able to get on things like ESPN radio to promote the product.

Commentators having a 100% accuracy with nouns is not as important as their ability to sell the match and realism of their workrate and he did that way better than most announcers.

Tagyhag

Just read about Aries. Hope he ends up in a good spot.

He in the cruiserweight division, he not being booked good

The problem with Neville is that no one is going to take his gimmick seriously if you were to place him in front of someone like Braun. It'd be like an angry ant.

The cruiserweight division is the only place where he can really shine.

Syder

Commentators having a 100% accuracy with nouns is not as important as their ability to sell the match and realism of their workrate and he did that way better than most announcers.
That's part of the problem though, JR isn't really good at that anymore. I get that he's a big name but couldn't they have paired him with Kevin Kelly or someone that knows what they're talking about?

Zach

I should be commentating these thangz.

Oh no, it's Marty Squirrel again.

Seriously. That was the laziest commentary I'd ever heard and I watch WWE every week.

I think we can all agree that the New Japan commentary is missing the key ingredient of forced bickering and yelling. Magic!

Heroman

Banned
Just read about Aries. Hope he ends up in a good spot.

The problem with Neville is that no one is going to take his gimmick seriously if you were to place him in front of someone like Braun. It'd be like an angry ant.

The cruiserweight division is the only place where he can really shine.
People take Finn seriously and Neville is better than him.

Seriously. That was the laziest commentary I'd ever heard and I watch WWE every week.

He's been commentating for New Japan on AXS for over a year and a half now, and he commentated the 2015 Wrestle Kingdom. I ain't giving him a pass anymore for not bothering to know shit about what he's paid to talk about, because frankly it's unprofessional as fuck and extremely disappointing to see

Kevin Kelly and Vampiro, hell, OwensIsNow and Zach would have done a better job

Fox318

Brock passing the torch to Reigns has been a thing they've had in mind for 3 years now, and are paying off at either Summerslam or Mania

Cena passing the torch to Reigns has been discussed for even longer, and is being paid off at Mania (either this coming one or the following one)

Not even getting to other Mania plans like Taker passing the torch to Reigns being set for, and to main event, Mania months as of the previous December, or Rock/Cena for a Mania being legit announced a full year in advance

You could definitely argue there aren't Enough long term plans, but they definitely have some that aren't screwed over by injuries or crazed fans

That's A to Z plans, what about the in between stuff?

Yeah Vince wants to get the bodybuilder with the long hair and Today Show appeal over but what about him doing things in the meantime?

There's just nothing and I wasn't a fan of reigns before his singles push even began but I can't deny he has improved as a worker (still too puch kick for my liking imo) which was my main beef with him.

Put him through the redletter media test

"Describe the following Wrestling character WITHOUT saying what they look like, what kind of costume they wore, or what their profession or role in the movie was. Describe this character to your friends like they ain’t ever seen Wrestling."

So Aries quit, Styles won a belt at a house show, and WWE24 after Raw is going to have exclusive interviews with Kurt, Vince, and Dixie fucking Carter

DEKW16bXoAAo1Aq.jpg

What a weird day

Top Bottom