• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

So, will AJ lose Sunday? Funny Aries gets his release just as his fiance is starting up in NXT, don't blame him for wanting to leave with being pigeon holed into the pit that is 205 Live though it sounds like they weren't sorry to see him leave.
Raw ppv this Sunday friend. We get to see AJ with the strap on Tuesday

Still sticking t my prediction.

AJ keeps the title for a while and Owens goes after the Universal title and gets a second run.

Owens isn't going back to Raw though.

That said maybe the Jinder experiment is done and Orton wins at Battleground and then he and Owens have a program for the WWE title.

WHat that AJ WWE.com promo does seem to confirm though is that Owens probably isn't hurt because they talk rematch a bunch

Owens isn't going back to Raw though.

That said maybe the Jinder experiment is done and Orton wins at Battleground and then he and Owens have a program for the WWE title.

WHat that AJ WWE.com promo does seem to confirm though is that Owens probably isn't hurt because they talk rematch a bunch

I'm running on 3 hrs sleep. He's getting WWE championship soon.

So, will AJ lose Sunday? Funny Aries gets his release just as his fiance is starting up in NXT, don't blame him for wanting to leave with being pigeon holed into the pit that is 205 Live though it sounds like they weren't sorry to see him leave.

Eh 205 Live is on its last legs with the women coming in. All the Cruisers are gonna get released or merged into the main roster. Things a failure.

Austin Aries got released and Hex lost his fucking shit over JR. Friday nights in Wrasslegafland are fun fun fun.

Edit: DIXIE CARTER getting WWE interviews? THe fuck.

Austin Aries got released and Hex lost his fucking shit over JR. Friday nights in Wrasslegafland are fun fun fun.

Edit: DIXIE CARTER getting WWE interviews? THe fuck.
She's a network exclusive and Aries boring ass isn't.
6kTnPBA.gif

Also, how can you tell when Hex loses his shit? I thought that was normal.

She's a network exclusive and Aries boring ass isn't.
6kTnPBA.gif

Also, how can you tell when Hex loses his shit? I thought that was normal.

This in particular.

No room and no excuse for stupid assed jokes here and for the record Tonga is a million times the athlete that Roman is.
JR needs to be put out to pasture or sent to the glue factory.
It was pathetic, and I do not give a shit about palsy , I do not give a shit about his wife.
He can not do the job, and is a pathetic train wreck.

Like, goddamn. This is about Tama Tonga?

Hex

Banned
This in particular.

Like, goddamn. This is about Tama Tonga?

No, about shitty commentating.
They seriously disrespected every athlete on the roster, misnamed moves badly, and kept babbling about old wwe history.
JR literally had a printed picture sheet that is like the menu for people cant read at mcdonalds with a picture and then their name. He did no research, no background.
If you spend 5 mins on youtube per performer you can find a history of video..dozens of them.
It was embarrassing.
And this was supposed to be their big first volley into the US, which makes it even more unprofessional.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I dislike Aries in ring but he basically said 'i'm being misused. give me my release'

meanwhile Cesaro and DBry are still just 'OH IF ONLY THEY LET ME'

Syder

No, about shitty commentating.
They seriously disrespected every athlete on the roster, misnamed moves badly, and kept babbling about old wwe history.
JR literally had a printed picture sheet that is like the menu for people cant read at mcdonalds with a picture and then their name. He did no research, no background.
If you spend 5 mins on youtube per performer you can find a history of video..dozens of them.
It was embarrassing.
And this was supposed to be their big first volley into the US, which makes it even more unprofessional.
Tranquilo... あっせん な よ !

Recall

I bet Aries was annoyed how he ended up as a commentator and did not want to be like Tazz.

Aries is talented enough, agile enough and determined to still be able to make money on the Indy scene, or do more japan dates again.

Hope he finds himself a place he enjoys.

For people who are getting into NJPW, they probably don't give a fuck that JR messed up. There's too much information to take in, and yeah calling LIJ "NWO and DX Lite" is a fucking bad call, but I can at least understand the logic behind it.

The show was good enough where the commentary wasn't going to make or break the thing.

I went back and watched parts of WK9 with JR and Matt Striker's commentary, and it was just as bad. But as someone who didn't know shit about NJPW watching the show for the first time, none of that stood out to me. (JR and Striker completely missed the last Bomaye to end Nakamura vs Ibushi, and seemed confused that the match was over)

Current fans go "This is NJPW's big entry into the states" but want every detail to appeal to THEM instead of the new people (who they are arguing the show is for).

Recall

There is ZERO reason to use English commentary.

Everything is self explanatory.

It's pro wrestling, not rocket science.

The camera work on that show worse than the commentary.

Also, I'd rather ignore shitty English commentary than have to hear to something in another language that I can't understand. I doesn't matter if it's self-explanatory or not. I would just lose interest in the show.

Hex

Banned
For people who are getting into NJPW, they probably don't give a fuck that JR messed up. There's too much information to take in, and yeah calling LIJ "NWO and DX Lite" is a fucking bad call, but I can at least understand the logic behind it.

The show was good enough where the commentary wasn't going to make or break the thing.

I went back and watched parts of WK9 with JR and Matt Striker's commentary, and it was just as bad. But as someone who didn't know shit about NJPW watching the show for the first time, none of that stood out to me. (JR and Striker completely missed the last Bomaye to end Nakamura vs Ibushi, and seemed confused that the match was over)

Current fans go "This is NJPW's big entry into the states" but want every detail to appeal to THEM instead of the new people (who they are arguing the show is for).

But he kept calling Bushi Evil, and again totally fucking up move names. Who should it be ok? Vince would have literally walked out and dragged him off the mic himself but the worst for me was no emotion for some fantastic spots.
When I watched night 2 in native Japanese it was like coming home, with commentary losing their shit

Top Bottom