• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Syder

I had never seen it, so I googled it.

Jesus fucking Christ....
It's really terrible. It's my go-to answer whenever someone asks me what the ugliest title of all time is.

news-7699c73e3f2f11e3911522000a9e087e8-1382904520.jpg

The problem with Neville is that no one is going to take his gimmick seriously if you were to place him in front of someone like Braun. It'd be like an angry ant.

The cruiserweight division is the only place where he can really shine.

There's no way Neville would react to Braun in the same way he reacts to his current opponents, but he'd keep it in character and it would be fun.

However, Vince still sees Braun as a heel despite getting cheered every time he shows up to beat down Roman so there's no way the feud would happen anyway.

He's been commentating for New Japan on AXS for over a year and a half now, and he commentated the 2015 Wrestle Kingdom. I ain't giving him a pass anymore for not bothering to know shit about what he's paid to talk about, because frankly it's unprofessional as fuck and extremely disappointing to see

Kevin Kelly and Vampiro, hell, OwensIsNow and Zach would have done a better job

Kevin Kelly and Callis are actually great.

They're low key but they know the product (Callis dove head first into learning it because he cared) and they don't do a WWE style commentary, they do a much more real sports style commentary.

The number of times JR talked about the nWo and DX in regards to LIJ and not getting the LIJ names right and basically laughing it off that he didn't know who is who was so annoying.

He was a huge reason Night 1 was disappointing and het got a bit better on night 2 but man Kelly and Callis should have been there.

Hex

Banned
I mean... does anyone know who Tama Tonga is?

No room and no excuse for stupid assed jokes here and for the record Tonga is a million times the athlete that Roman is.
JR needs to be put out to pasture or sent to the glue factory.
It was pathetic, and I do not give a shit about palsy , I do not give a shit about his wife.
He can not do the job, and is a pathetic train wreck.

Foggy

I don't want to bag on JR too hard considering his age, rep, and what he's recently dealt with. That said, he's making mistakes no commentator should be making considering how long he's been doing the AXS shows. From this point if he's given live show duties for NJPW, whoever makes that decision should be raked over the coals.

Apropos of the LA G1 special and Jay White getting both pins, really cool too see where he fits in when he returns. I could see him fitting in with BC or CHAOS for sure.

Hex

Banned
Kevin Kelly and Callis are actually great.

They're low key but they know the product (Callis dove head first into learning it because he cared) and they don't do a WWE style commentary, they do a much more real sports style commentary.

The number of times JR talked about the nWo and DX in regards to LIJ and not getting the LIJ names right and basically laughing it off that he didn't know who is who was so annoying.

He was a huge reason Night 1 was disappointing and het got a bit better on night 2 but man Kelly and Callis should have been there.

And like you touched on, when he does not know shit everything is about DX or NWO or Shawn Michaels or it reminds him of old Bob Scratchitt, or Ricky Steamboat.
Nobody cares, it undermines the talent on the screen. And the talent on the screen is BETTER than the archaic dregs he is babbling about. I LOVE Steamboat, but he could not hold Omega, or Naito, or most of the other people out their's jock.
He acts like Michaels was the first to kick up? The first to hold onto the ropes and pull himself back in? He is tainted by Vince and senility.

It was annoying for us with the commentary. Imagine being a worker and having some dunce call you by the wrong name consistently on a show that is supposed to be bringing in a lot of new exposure.

klonere

Banned
Oh people need to calm the fuck down with commentary. Jr did a fine enough job.

And he's an actual fucking name who is able to get on things like ESPN radio to promote the product.

Commentators having a 100% accuracy with nouns is not as important as their ability to sell the match and realism of their workrate and he did that way better than most announcers.

Fox I hate to break this to you but. JR was garbage and unprofessional. It's literally his job to know the nouns. That's his fucking job. His job. He didn't do his job. The names were the least of his problems in anycase.

G A R B A G E

Zach

While you guys are rightish about the sloppy commentary, I still wonder if the decision makers are aware but still think he's a good, familiar fit for breaking into the American market or whatevz.

Either way, you don't see me crying like a little babby about it.

Hex

Banned

And he's an actual fucking name who is able to get on things like ESPN radio to promote the product.

Commentators having a 100% accuracy with nouns is not as important as their ability to sell the match and realism of their workrate and he did that way better than most announcers.

tumblr_omctvxHEeU1rmm7qzo1_500.gif

Ugh, I'm hyped about Firepro despite never liking it because I've wanted a good wrestling game for years and I know it's better than the Yukes shit. Do grapple victories simply come down to timing?

Foggy

Ugh, I'm hyped about Firepro despite never liking it because I've wanted a good wrestling game for years and I know it's better than the Yukes shit. Do grapple victories simply come down to timing?

Timing and strategy. Not too dissimilar from fighting games but slower paced and without an execution barrier.

Really disappointed in Aries' release but I don't blame the man. WWE has shit the bed hard with the Cruiserweight division. Hope he shows up in NJPW.

Beefy

It was shit

Zach

Rumors are swirling that Sephzilla is replacing the GWF B+ Championship with the GWF Southern States Heritage Championship.

More on this as it develops.

So, will AJ lose Sunday? Funny Aries gets his release just as his fiance is starting up in NXT, don't blame him for wanting to leave with being pigeon holed into the pit that is 205 Live though it sounds like they weren't sorry to see him leave.

Top Bottom