• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

klonere

Banned
Attn: shooters

DELDsvOV0AE8L4C.jpg

I love these threads they almost always end up with a ton of advice that paints the girl as mean for not wanting to fuck the OP but still wanting to be friends.

He says that he wants to be in a relationship with a girl, but when she tells him she's not interested in that right now instead of just giving her his number and telling her to call when she is he befriends her? Surreptitiously reaching out for friendship with someone when your goal's just to end up with them is kind of fucked up.

Egg0

Banned
I liked that Ishii/Sabre match. It was pretty cool. There's still a lot not to like about Sabre, though.

It's a great match. The thing with ZSJ for me, it's the part where he looks like he'd blow away in a rainstorm.

I appreciate his technical submission skill and how tricky he is when it comes to holds. But there are too many times where he goes up against a bigger dude, hits them a bunch, but gets knocked down on the first hit.

It's a great match. The thing with ZSJ for me, it's the part where he looks like he'd blow away in a rainstorm.

I appreciate his technical submission skill and how tricky he is when it comes to holds. But there are too many times where he goes up against a bigger dude, hits them a bunch, but gets knocked down on the first hit.

I like his look. It's stupid logic but his lankiness makes me think that in a wrestling world he's able to get leverage over his opponents, but when he loses it he's fucked. Him trying to work in a striking game to show that he's more than just a submission expert and always coming up short really work with that.

He has a different look buy uses a totally unique style that works with it. A lot of folks try and work in his joint manipulation but it always comes up short, Zack has a nack for making it always look painful.

klonere

Banned
I like Sabre because he's the best at that current style, he's a cool dude and he'll probably end up being the healthiest, most mobile retired wrestler that works the insane schedule he does

Hex

Banned
Naito to CMLL,

Naito's CMLL tour was the beginning of everything right for him.
It is where he started to click, even when he came back he told them that he wanted to keep working Mexico in between.
It is what led to LIJ.
How can you say that it was not a good trip?
Without it Naito would still be the awkward tweener going nowhere.

Once again, you have a fucking Network for your stupid company. Air live events from your historic venues like MSG, especially if you plan to have title changes on those shows.

He says that he wants to be in a relationship with a girl, but when she tells him she's not interested in that right now instead of just giving her his number and telling her to call when she is he befriends her? Surreptitiously reaching out for friendship with someone when your goal's just to end up with them is kind of fucked up.

That dude is about two weeks away from wearing a fedora and being bitter about why she doesn't want to date "nice" guys and three weeks away from threatening to doxx her until she agrees to date him

You know he has a folder of unsent texts with threats and personal attacks too.

Egg0

Banned
I like his look. It's stupid logic but his lankiness makes me think that in a wrestling world he's able to get leverage over his opponents, but when he loses it he's fucked. Him trying to work in a striking game to show that he's more than just a submission expert and always coming up short really work with that.

He has a different look buy uses a totally unique style that works with it. A lot of folks try and work in his joint manipulation but it always comes up short, Zack has a nack for making it always look painful.

Yea. I will say he's really good at working the joints.

I like Sabre because he's the best at that current style, he's a cool dude and he'll probably end up being the healthiest, most mobile retired wrestler that works the insane schedule he does

As long as he stays away from Ishii head butts, yea.

You look at a guy like Timothy Thatcher who also tries the joint manipulation and submission approach without the calm vicious energy that Sabre approaches it with or a guy like Yehi who attacks joints from a unique angle but doesn't have a character, and you can see how Sabre has put both pieces together. His submissions work seems spontaneous, even if he has signature spots. He's a joy to watch in person when you can pay attention and try to figure out how he was able to twist and slip and bend.

klonere

Banned
looks like they wanted to try the Joe/Balor thing on the main roster.

Yea. I will say he's really good at working the joints.

As long as he stays away from Ishii head butts, yea.

The shoot headbutts depress me. And I swear, I noticed MORE after the Shibata stuff. Japan is insane.

Zach

You look at a guy like Timothy Thatcher who also tries the joint manipulation and submission approach without the calm vicious energy that Sabre approaches it with or a guy like Yehi who attacks joints from a unique angle but doesn't have a character, and you can see how Sabre has put both pieces together. His submissions work seems spontaneous, even if he has signature spots. He's a joy to watch in person when you can pay attention and try to figure out how he was able to twist and slip and bend.
Yeah, that's cool, but he's a weird-looking feather-man who sells like a goof.

Other than that, I like him. >_>

Fox318

I wonder if Aries left after he watched that NJPW show.

They have him doing nothing.

Regardless the WWE letting a top talent like that go is sad.

Sabre is great to watch live, he starts fucking clattering people and I literally can't understand people who think he's too scrawny to be believed. Like I get it, but I don't.

Egg0

Banned
Naito's CMLL tour was the beginning of everything right for him.
It is where he started to click, even when he came back he told them that he wanted to keep working Mexico in between.
It is what led to LIJ.
How can you say that it was not a good trip?
Without it Naito would still be the awkward tweener going nowhere.

Do you know what the first NJPW show was where Naito showed up post CMLL? Or the show where LIJ made their debut? If so is it available on NJPWWorld?

Egg0

Banned
If Aries goes to NJPW, I fear he would be stuck in 6-8 man tag hell for the first year or so. Unless he gets the Marty treatment and goes straight to BOSJ.

Syder

Do you know what the first NJPW show was where Naito showed up post CMLL? Or the show where LIJ made their debut? If so is it available on NJPWWorld?
From what I can remember, King of Pro-Wrestling (2015) is the first time he had a big match as 'LIJ Naito', which was the start of EVIL becoming the 'King of Darkness'.

If Aries goes to NJPW, I fear he would be stuck in 6-8 man tag hell for the first year or so. Unless he gets the Marty treatment and goes straight to BOSJ.

I think the difference is that Marty's actually charismatic and fun to watch? Aries is generic indie wrestler 101. The biggest victim of 205 is Metalik.

When was the last time a non-NXT title changed at a house show?

I think they had a belt change then change back to the old holder at another house show not so long ago. I can't remember what the title was though.

Damn Austin Aries. I cared about him a lot in TNA. But yeah, being in the cruiserweight division did nothing for him. Cruiserweight matches on Raw is my bathroom break.

Hex

Banned

I think it was WKIV....I will double check

Edit: Yeah No Limit (Naito + Yujiro) v Dudleys v Giant Bernard and Karl Anderson

Yujiro turned on him a year or so later (going BC)
Naito went singles, still kept dong Mexico and started teaming with LaSombra and joings LI HERE

Top Bottom