• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

At least with Cyrus and Kelly I get the impression they're putting the work in to understand the product, Kevin especially.

JR had print outs with pictures of all the wrestlers in each match and he still kept confusing people.

At least with Cyrus and Kelly I get the impression they're putting the work in to understand the product, Kevin especially.

JR had print outs with pictures of all the wrestlers in each match and he still kept confusing people.

Callis put in a ton of work to get to know the product. He's low key but I really enjoy him

orioto

Good Art™
LOl as if you just compared him to Santino...

Come on.

You see what i mean.
Being used on tv doesn't mean you're used well as a wrestler. He's not there yet, but there is a pattern. Once wwe tv doesn't treat you as a serious contender anymore, it's a slow and long road to nothing

You see what i mean.
Being used on tv doesn't mean you're used well as a wrestler. He's not there yet, but there is a pattern. Once wwe tv doesn't treat you as a serious contender anymore, it's a slow and long road to nothing

Holy shit dude... Santino was an actual joke... Owens is not treated like an actual joke.

He's not on the path to being fucking Santino.... He's literally been a champion for almost this entire year.

He moves merch like crazy (and they are always releasing news ones)

He's not on the path to being freaking Santino.

Like tell me you've quit watching because this is so pessimistic it borders on parody.

To be fair, JR is also under WWE contract. Mauro is still doing boxing and MMA, never say never I guess.
I'd go with Kelly and Josh, tbh.

I was always a fan of Kelly and Corino. I think Barnett is probably a good shout. I heard Voices of Wrestling were raving about the dude who did commentary on Slammiversary, get him in maybe.

orioto

Good Art™
Holy shit dude... Santino was an actual joke... Owens is not treated like an actual joke.

He's not on the path to being fucking Santino.... He's literally been a champion for almost this entire year.

He moves merch like crazy (and they are always releasing news ones)

He's not on the path to being freaking Santino.

Like tell me you've quit watching because this is so pessimistic it borders on parody.

I'm just seeing the pattern.

Are there numbers for the merchs ? They don't seem to treat him has a draw to me. Is the dvd selling ?

Zach

Damage is kinda done. I'm still following this thread, less than I used to, but I cannot think of anything they would ever do - would, not could - that would get me interested like I was for a little while there. I feel like I've seen their entire bag of tricks now. KO as WWE champ would just be the same as it was when he was Universal champ, shite.
^

I'm just seeing the pattern.

Are there numbers for the merchs ? They don't seem to treat him has a draw to me. Is the dvd selling ?

You're seeing the pattern that Kevin Owens.... a guy who and thanks for reminding me they just released a documentary about is on the path to Santino...

They're constantly releasing new Owens merch you think if he wasn't selling they would make as many as they do?

Completely sold out his exclusive Face of Canada shirt at the house show I went into here in Van.

orioto

Good Art™
You're seeing the pattern that Kevin Owens.... a guy who and thanks for reminding me they just released a documentary about is on the path to Santino...

They're constantly releasing new Owens merch you think if he wasn't selling they would make as many as they do?

Completely sold out his exclusive Face of Canada shirt at the house show I went into here in Van.

I think if he was selling that much merch he would be bigger on a WM poster

To be fair, JR is also under WWE contract. Mauro is still doing boxing and MMA, never say never I guess.

I was always a fan of Kelly and Corino. I think Barnett is probably a good shout. I heard Voices of Wrestling were raving about the dude who did commentary on Slammiversary, get him in maybe.

Robert Flores was on ESPN, and he does work for MLB and the NHL. He was solid on Slammiversary, but he sounded pretty generic.

Considering he still commentates a TON of NJPW stuff for AXS his work at G1 USA was really bizarre. He was there for name recognition but maybe they should've just had him call the main events or something like WWE with Mania this year.

Mauro or Graves on NJPW would be a fever dream for me

somedevil

DEMD15HXYAAFnkV.jpg:large

yep

Kevin Owens is a lot like Santino where I don't give a fuck about either of them when they show up on TV.

Pretty amazing how they wasted his momentum after the Jericho feud. Nationalistic heel, amazing.

You marks making me mark out at the possibility of Mauro calling NJPW matches =\

You should go watch the earlier NJPW on AXS stuff, so goddamn good.

orioto

Good Art™
You're resigned to some absurd level where Kevin Owens is on the path to being Santino.

And if you're depressed stop watching.

I can stop existing if you want to so i don't bother you anymore.
And keep going on with that santino thing when i explained it was an example to explain something.. The level of stupidity is pretty intense here.

Dave protecting JR by saying that they were not given resources when there are pictures of JR looking at reference sheets with names and pictures is...not a good look for Dave. You can criticize your friends and sources, Dave.

I can stop existing if you want to so i don't bother you anymore.
And keep going on with that santino thing when i explained it was an example to explain something.. The level of stupidity is pretty intense here.
I understand where you're coming from and it's where my frustration with the product is at too

Last year I was excited to hop back in because suddenly you had a bunch of awesome, talented people taking over the product and being put at the forefront. As time has gone on all of these guys coming in with a fresh style vs. the tired WWE style have been whittled down to movesets of like 5 signature moves and just recreate those spots every single week

At a certain point it doesn't matter if you are a cool indie guy if you're just working your version of a John Cena match (minus the getting beaten for 85% of the match)

AJ is the only one who's been able to overcome it by being entertaining in everything he does, but he's still just hitting the same few spots every match. KO used to overcome it by all of his comedy work but they moved him to Smackdown and were like "wouldn't it be great if we made him talk monotone and boring? think of the heat!"

KO, Zayn, and their peers are boring to watch in the current framework

Kevin Owens is a lot like Santino where I don't give a fuck about either of them when they show up on TV.

Pretty amazing how they wasted his momentum after the Jericho feud. Nationalistic heel, amazing.

You should go watch the earlier NJPW on AXS stuff, so goddamn good.

How many of those does Smackdown have right now? It's ridiculous.

Hasney

It's unlocking at a global time for all Steam users.

They're launching it at 10 AM Japan Time, so for us, that's 9 PM EST.

Yeah, I get that, but a midnight Japan launch or the Steam standard update time of 2am Japan would have been so sweet.

Slizz

My hype for Fire Pro is at max capacity. Gonna need a new controller.

Rev Pro J-Cup should be awesome today. Riddle vs. Ishii

Anth0ny

I understand where you're coming from and it's where my frustration with the product is at too

Last year I was excited to hop back in because suddenly you had a bunch of awesome, talented people taking over the product and being put at the forefront. As time has gone on all of these guys coming in with a fresh style vs. the tired WWE style have been whittled down to movesets of like 5 signature moves and just recreate those spots every single week

At a certain point it doesn't matter if you are a cool indie guy if you're just working your version of a John Cena match (minus the getting beaten for 85% of the match)

AJ is the only one who's been able to overcome it by being entertaining in everything he does, but he's still just hitting the same few spots every match. KO used to overcome it by all of his comedy work but they moved him to Smackdown and were like "wouldn't it be great if we made him talk monotone and boring? think of the heat!"

KO, Zayn, and their peers are boring to watch in the current framework

Nothing matters. Hard to care when fucking nothing matters at all.

It's why I'm more entertained by random new Japan matches. Like juice Robinson is more fun to watch than fucking roman reigns or Kevin Owens because WWE as a whole is so god damn boring and NJPW is great and wrestling is real in Japan.

Anth0ny

Wait, Austin Aries left the company because he's pissed about his stupid ass booking and realizes there are better opportunities elsewhere?

Brehs, it's all happening so fast. The #5years prophecy. Cesaro will do the same thing soon. Nakamura next year.

Slizz

Wait, KO lost the belt at some random non televised show? Goddammit. Hate it when they do this. Pissed me off way back when with the NXT title too.
Probably the biggest house show of the year at MSG. Saw pics, it looked packed.
Wait, Austin Aries left the company because he's pissed about his stupid ass booking and realizes there are better opportunities elsewhere?

Brehs, it's all happening so fast. The #5years prophecy. Cesaro will do the same thing soon. Nakamura next year.
Cesaro is probably booked against the Hardyz till Mania again, he's probably happy right now

The universe heard your pleas and our hashtag, and agreed to terms <3

It's probably easier to say "this is a waste of time, fuck this" when you're on something like 205 Live that makes you feel completely worthless. Especially since he probably signed on thinking he'd be a bigger player on the main roster

At least a main roster role like Cesaro gives you the illusion of mattering

Nakamura, despite doing fuck all, is still being treated like a big deal so I doubt he'd go anywhere. Doesn't exactly seem like he cares about putting on 5 star classics

Top Bottom