• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Syder

Wouldn't he fit in with Suzuki gun?

Besides he's a huge pothead and I don't think New Japan could trust him because of that.
I'm just not a fan of him for various reasons, he didn't take his MMA career seriously so I don't know why NJPW would trust him to take a contract with them seriously.

This isn't Titus
giphy.gif

Foggy

Loving the first episode of Snowfall right now. Early 80s LA, luchador cartel enforcer, and a dude getting cocaine blown into his asshole. Great television.

As expected months ago, but now finally happening, Lio Rush to NXT.

Former CZW champion and ROH star Lio Rush announced during tonight's CZW event that he would make a final appearance for Combat Zone Wrestling on 8/5 against Joey Janella in Voorhees, NJ. The word going around backstage at CZW is that Rush was in Orlando earlier this week at the WWE Performance Center and has been offered an NXT deal.

Rush, 22, was originally trained at the MCW school in Baltimore (his first tag team partner was current NXT talent "Velveteen Dream" Patrick Clark) and was under contract to ROH from 2015-2017 before exiting the promotion.

Dude would end up like Sydal before long. Surprised NJPW would even take the risk.

An Australian news site wrote a feature article about Kenny Omega and NJPW. Its nothing we don't know but it looks like they are getting more mainstream exposure around the world.

Foggy

Dude would end up like Sydal before long. Surprised NJPW would even take the risk.

No skin off their back, ultimately. They don't need to push him to the moon yet, so give him a couple dates and then a couple tours and if he can keep things on the level, then great, if not, it's no serious investment.

No skin off their back, ultimately. They don't need to push him to the moon yet, so give him a couple dates and then a couple tours and if he can keep things on the level, then great, if not, it's no serious investment.

I disagree. Sydal was doing fine for a while too, then when he got popped they had to reshuffle things with Ricochet. With a guy as open as Riddle about a thing that is as serious as that is in Japan, it doesn't seem worth it to pay and invest in a guy who has a high chance of getting in trouble at any moment.

Foggy

I disagree. Sydal was doing fine for a while too, then when he got popped they had to reshuffle things with Ricochet. With a guy as open as Riddle about a thing that is as serious as that is in Japan, it doesn't seem worth it to pay and invest in a guy who has a high chance of getting in trouble at any moment.

If the worst thing that happens is a "reshuffle" then I don't see how that's too steep of a risk. Besides, I doubt they lost any sleep over a jr tag reshuffle. This is all moot, ultimately. If there's anyone out there that is open and obvious about using marijuana, it's Riddle, so I can't imagine this hasn't been considered. If it's a question of calculated risk, clearly the only people that can answer that is New Japan and obviously it's not a dealbreaker. They're certainly not hurting for talent so if it makes sense, then obviously they've taken it into consideration. If it's a risk/reward proposition, the reward seriously outweighs the risk.

Besides let's be real, this "high chance of getting in trouble at any moment" could apply to numerous existing wrestlers that New Japan brings over on a regular basis.

If the worst thing that happens is a "reshuffle" then I don't see how that's too steep of a risk. Besides, I doubt they lost any sleep over a jr tag reshuffle. This is all moot, ultimately. If there's anyone out there that is open and obvious about using marijuana, it's Riddle, so I can't imagine this hasn't been considered. If it's a question of calculated risk, clearly the only people that can answer that is New Japan and obviously it's not a dealbreaker. They're certainly not hurting for talent so if it makes sense, then obviously they've taken it into consideration. If it's a risk/reward proposition, the reward seriously outweighs the risk.

Besides let's be real, this "high chance of getting in trouble at any moment" could apply to numerous existing wrestlers that New Japan brings over on a regular basis.

That's true, but none of them are as open and brazen about it as Riddle. He's basically asking to get caught.

Syder

OT is a wonderful place to be a woman or minority right now jesus christ.
"Don't lock this thread because it's funny LOL"

Hey, I love a backfire thread as much as the next person but when we have relationship thread descend into sexist trash several times a week then that's not a good look for the forum, and I can only imagine how alienating it can be for female posters.

😒

Hey, I love a backfire thread as much as the next person but when we have relationship thread descend into sexist trash several times a week then that's not a good look for the forum, and I can only imagine how alienating it can be for female posters.

��

Not even just that thread but the Swedish man-free musical festival in response to a ton of sexual assaults against women thread is just absolutely charming.

An open opportunity to throw thinly-veiled shade at women without fear of reprisals.

Someone's argument was that instead of making that men-free festival was for women to stay home.

Imagine reading a story about a festival having a ton of sexual assaults and rapes against women and concluding that women should stay home was something you should put out in the world.

Like Jesus fucking Christ

Foggy

That's true, but none of them are as open and brazen about it as Riddle. He's basically asking to get caught.

That's mainly why I think it's ok to roll the dice on a couple tours. If he's truly as foolish and dependent as his reputation implies then he'll be caught before any major investment has been made. If he keeps it on the level, then he's as subsequently risky as anyone else.

Anyways, it's presumptive at this point. I'd love to see him in a Japanese style match so I'm hopeful.

UberTag

😒
Can we really make that "good look for the forum" argument after this past week? This was arguably the worst week ever for NeoGAF in terms of public perception for a multitude of reasons.

be the focal point of the show for months?

A show that no one watches

And jobbed out quickly and then relegated to the background despite being far too good both in ring and on the mic for the division.

Granted can Lio Rush talk?

Maybe he'll get Cedric'd instead

205 is death

Top Bottom