• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Hasney

See who's the best pretty much with The Bar going heel. Makes it an iron man match.

They've been feuding since Mania so this should be the blow off, but if they keep breaking up all the tag teams, it might not be,

What is the feud being presented between the Hardy's and Cesaro/Sheamus?

Is it the normal modern "we are fighting just because" or was there ever a reason for them to be competing against each other?

Too much feels to exist just for the sake of it and to fill time, not about getting a response or a pay off.

Shesaro turned on an brutalized the Hardys... and that's about it.

Anth0ny

Considering you get about, what, two weeks off in WWE because they don't have an off-season?

That just seems like a schedule that would make wear and tear happen faster than NJPW's strong style stuff, because they at least have small breaks between major shows and multi-tag matches aren't crazy stiff hoss fights.

It's true. And I think Vince's legit reason for not having an offseason is "we're not sports, we're entertainment"

He's a fucking carny moron

Here's an idea: NJPW signs Riddle, but they never bring him to Japan and only use him for NJPW USA title matches.

Lio Rush will wash out of NXT due to his perceived attitude issues within 18 months. Also, he's black, so the odds he makes it through NXT and in WWE are especially low.

The promise of year-round content is one of the appealing factors of WWE to TV networks. Can't have year-round content if you have an offseason.

Recall

Given the huge WWE roster they should be able to give individual guys a month or two off without having a formal offseason.

Yep you should be able to rotate wrestlers without them losing pay or anyone really noticing.

Even just giving some an extra week or two just to help heal up without fear of losing your job would go a long way.

MAtgS

They got multiple rosters: have 1 roster work 6 months out of the year and the other roster works the other 6 months.

Here's an idea: NJPW signs Riddle, but they never bring him to Japan and only use him for NJPW USA title matches.

Lio Rush will wash out of NXT due to his perceived attitude issues within 18 months. Also, he's black, so the odds he makes it through NXT and in WWE are especially low.

I dunno why they're even talking to Riddle. They have to know he's a pothead, right? He doesn't really hide it.

Lio is a shitlord so yeah we'll see how he does there. Could easily see him wash out like you said, especially if he rolls in with a big head

Menome

You onto Fire Walk with Me? I watched it for the third time in my life yesterday. It's better each time. At first I was like "this isn't what I want!" which has evolved into "knowing more about Twin Peaks, and knowing what to expect, this movie is great!"

It's an 8 out of 10 that started out as a 6.

This week is going to be torture. I'm on holiday from tomorrow morning, and won't get to watch the new episode until Saturday.

Hard to believe that a match I've been wanting for years is happening tonight in Brock vs Joe. I feel like I'm not as hyped as I should be and it's because it's on the shittiest PPV name of all time.

Tall4Life

You onto Fire Walk with Me? I watched it for the third time in my life yesterday. It's better each time. At first I was like "this isn't what I want!" which has evolved into "knowing more about Twin Peaks, and knowing what to expect, this movie is great!"

It's an 8 out of 10 that started out as a 6.
Gonna watch later today, excited for it

Beefy

Swedish thread
Greek thread
Travel advice for black people
Amirox being a paedo
Friendzone thread

Not a good look for Gaf this week

Swedish thread
Greek thread
Travel advice for black people
Amirox being a paedo
Friendzone thread

Not a good look for Gaf this week

Definitely done with OT aside from the box office threads from now on. Shameful behavior all around, that Swedish thread was the last straw for me

I hope the bonus of these threads making female, black, Muslim, and queer members of the community feeling entirely unsafe to contribute (at risk of being swarmed by the usual suspects who contribute in all of the particularly awful threads involving certain subjects) is noticed and soon acknowledged by mods.

Beefy

Definitely done with OT aside from the box office threads from now on. Shameful behavior all around, that Swedish thread was the last straw for me

I hope the bonus of these threads making female, black, Muslim, and queer members of the community feeling entirely unsafe to contribute (at risk of being swarmed by the usual suspects who contribute in all of the particularly awful threads involving certain subjects) is noticed and soon acknowledged by mods.

I posted in the Black travel thread about how racist shit going on in the US puts me off going there (I didn't say stops me). Then some dude jumped on me saying I should never leave my house as I will be scared of everything. There are way too many angry white dudes on this forum.

Tall4Life

I remember during the night of the NFL draft, there was a dude who was drafted who had was a suspect in a then ongoing rape investigation. I commented about it and then suddenly 10 or so posters came out of nowhere and started arguing with me that the girl was just trying to ruin his career, liar, why doesn't anyone care how much it damages the man, etc.

OT is fucking bizarre sometimes.

Menome

We should just invite all the sane people here. It's only 50% wrestling talk anyway.

The other 50% is Sports Entertainment.

This is the new normal I'm afraid.

I posted in the Black travel thread about how racist shit going on in the US puts me off going there (I didn't say stops me). Then some dude jumped on me saying I should never leave my house as I will be scared of everything. There are way too many angry white dudes on this forum.

Someone in that Sweden thread literally said women should just stay home.

Beefy

Yeah I saw that, the Greek thread wasn't any better. I like how you get dudes saying how others should feel.

White dudes telling POC they are being stupid for being worried where to travel because of racism

Dudes telling females it is wrong to have a festival just for females is wrong. Even after hearing that the festival is because of growing sexual abuse and rape going on.

Dudes, slamming females for being friend zoned. That thread creeps me out bad.

Etc etc

Yeah I saw that, the Greek thread wasn't any better. I like how you get dudes saying how others should feel.

White dudes telling POC they are being stupid for being worried where to travel because of racism

Dudes telling females it is wrong to have a festival just for females is wrong. Even after hearing that the festival is because of growing sexual abuse and rape going on.

Dudes, slamming females for being friend zoned. That thread creeps me out bad.

Etc etc

One dude implied he'd tell a woman to just fuck off and feel justified in doing so if he asked her out and she said let's be friends

Recall

We have gaming side threads where people can't comprehend why people enjoy the things they do or get worked up over tiny things but OT is just horrific at times. That's the real world, there are far more fucked up people than you could possibly imagine.

Menome

I'd be scared to go to America right now, and I'm white. Can't imagine how it must feel for many minorities having to travel or live there.

Any place I am at is a fun and welcoming place because I take all the heat and backhand people who get too lippy

At least wrestling is free from racism and misogyn--- oh wait, fuck :(

Free?

Wrestling was BUILT on that shit

I WAS RAISED ON THE DAIRY, BITCH

Beefy

And yet once again The Michigan Womyn's Music Festival ran for 40 years unimpeded by the law.

Hmmm

I replied to your other post.

Just because there has been a long standing example does not mean it should be lauded or even acceptable.

Based on a recent thread, I am sure there are counties in the US that still let 14 year olds marry 40 year olds. But "life has gone on" all the same. Doesn't mean we should just accept it.

Oh, women wanting to have fun and be safe is the same as underage marriage....

The British J-Cup is the best booked tourny of the year. Spoilers below.

Liger wins the whole thing after squashing Bodom in his opening round match.
Quildan > Gedo

0mJRo_s-200x150.gif

Egg0

Banned
I think I'm going to start a chronologic-ish watch of the start of post-CMLL, LIJ Naito in NJPW.

I've only been a fan for a relatively short time, but looking at NJPWWorld, this stint starts way back in 2015. So anything from 2015 and maybe 2016 I've only seen in gifs.

If I could go back around 17 years and tell my young self "you'll eventually get a WWE PPV happen on your birthday" I bet he'd think it was the coolest shit.
I wouldn't have the heart to tell myself "except it's called Great Balls of Fire and is a Raw only event...trust me, that's kinda bad".

But hey if Joey Samoey and Lesnar deliver than I'll take it as a makeshift gift.

Zach

I finished part one of the Benoit Lapsed Fan while walking the dog/doing yard work. It's fine. I don't recommend it unless you still need closure after ten years. Or if you just want a reminder that WWE is bad for humans.

Anth0ny

Xpac just tweeted this:

More wrestlers are making a full time living in Wrestling outside of WWE than at any other time in Wrestling since the territories died out.

My man is on team #5years

Also, the young bucks liked that tweet. Makes sense. You know who else liked it?

DANIEL FUCKING BRYAN

🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐

DMczaf

Xpac just tweeted this:

More wrestlers are making a full time living in Wrestling outside of WWE than at any other time in Wrestling since the territories died out.

My man is on team #5years

Also, the young bucks liked that tweet. Makes sense. You know who else liked it?

DANIEL FUCKING BRYAN

🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐

XPac is on "Who ever is paying me lately" team

Don't get worked, Mark Anthony.

Top Bottom