• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Too hype for Fire Pro. The roster edits for Returns are outdated. Naito in my Fire Pro rostet.
Body = ready
I didn't see the match, but at what point do you start protecting finishers again? Or is it a matter of trying to put the genie back in the bottle?

Like if Brock starts winning a bunch of matches with one F5, does it matter? Or will you always go "Remember that match where Roman got hit by 34 of them and kicked out."
They're making the F5 strong for when Roman kicks out of 4 he looks mega strong.
Who's more of a jabroni, the roster or the people hate watching WWE?
WWE viewers for sure.

So did reigns and strowman just double turn or is it just me?

No doubt they'll no sell it on raw and somehow make roman out to be heroic. weirdest booking ever

Roman's been a heel since he killed the Undertaker.

charlie-murphy.gif

Who's more of a jabroni, the roster or the people hate watching WWE?
The hate watching crew
I mean, they're right from a pro wrestling booking viewpoint, but this is vince.

Given how they no selled roman crushing braun on raw talk I'm guessing they're just going to be glazing over it on raw.

roster for sure
They haven't no sold anything in this feud. Wasn't Braun kept off TV for a week or so after running into those boxes after that ppv?

Episode 9 of Twin Peaks was really good. Obviously pretty different from Episode 8, I think a lot of people will be happy. Makes the two week break after Episode 8 seem like the right thing to do. I feel like waiting this week will be a bit more painful, though.

Went to Balls tonight. Accidentally spilled a beer my sister was trying to hand me on a 12 year old Roman fan in front of us and realized I officially became the worst. Tried to make up for it by helping him cheer for Roman. (And also apologizing)

I also tried to start a "This is adequate!" chant during Seth vs Bray. It didn't catch on.

Overall, I thought the show was fine. Nothing I downright hated, but nothing that really stuck out to me as amazing. I don't know how it came across on TV, but the cruiserweights seemed like they were actually getting decent reactions, which was nice.

Adree

Was fun seeing Jordynne Grace in the backstage stuff with Brock. They need to sign her so we can get a true lady hoss.

Brinbe

Had work so missed out. Read up on the results and I'm pretty glad I didn't waste time on that garbage. Haven't watched raw/SD or a ppv in ages and I don't miss it at all.

Wish we could flashforward a year already where New Japan has put down solid roots in NA and see how much how much more stagnate and boring Vince's garbage is in comparison.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I didn't see the match, but at what point do you start protecting finishers again? Or is it a matter of trying to put the genie back in the bottle?

Like if Brock starts winning a bunch of matches with one F5, does it matter? Or will you always go "Remember that match where Roman got hit by 34 of them and kicked out."

When NJPW are doing a much better job of protecting a finisher (1WAngel being sold as instand death), you have to worry.

The end of the Sasha and Alexa match was weird. Don't know why they couldn't include that spot in the actual match. I just hope this doesn't mean ones ups man for women using the announcer table.

Sasha just sat there and watched the ref count to 10 while Alexa was outside on the floor 'hurt' but then complains afterwards that she's da boss and Alexa ain't even a real wrestling fan she just a coward that tried to run away!

Ok then.

Why didn't you break the count? Why did you just sit there and watch as the match and your title shot ended?

Oh right because it's a filler PPV that wasn't meant to achieve anything.

I assume there is a warrant out for Roman's arrest right now, an attempted murder and fleeing the scene of a crime all caught on multiple different camera angles.... will expect a WWE announcement tomorrow saying he has been fired and because it is an on-going investigation can't comment but assures the fans he'll still be MAIN EVENTING SUMMERSLAM!

Zach

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Roman lost the match and in the act of a coward tried to murder Braun after the match ended. The cowardly heel leaves while staff attempts to rescue sympathetic face from the wreckage. Said face ends up walking out on his own power despite near death due to his own bravery and heart. Commentators talk for ages about what a terrible act this was by the cowardly heel and this has no place in sports entertainment.

How is this not a double turn?

Roman lost the match and in the act of a coward tried to murder Braun after the match ended. The cowardly heel leaves while staff attempts to rescue sympathetic face from the wreckage. Said face ends up walking out on his own power despite near death due to his own bravery and heart. Commentators talk for ages about what a terrible act this was by the cowardly heel and this has no place in sports entertainment.

WWE is going to drop the ball on this because it's Roman. They don't seem to want to commit to him being a heel.

We will see though.

Everything you said is true and in a logical universe makes sense.

In a normal world it would be.

Do you actually, honestly think Vince is turning Reigns heel?

Because it's Roman Reigns

Some more thoughts after finishing mot of the PPV:

The Hardys look really stiff and not in the match way, in the they're too old to be in the ring. Any word on what happened to Matt's head/eye?

The ending of the Braun/Roman match was kind of lame IMO. For one they've done the "guy does thing in car" routine so many times at this point. Secondly the long dramatic pause of roman through the mirror, really? I was also expecting the door to bust off the wagon with Braun storming out. I don't know, just something about it could have been so much more after a half-way decent match.

The crowd was pretty hot for Joe/Lesnar, but I didn't fully wrap it up but I imagine it's ending in the next 30-45 seconds given the complaint about length.

Dean Ambrose really is quite shit and the crowd seemed really out of that match.

I still dont' know how I feel about the women's division. That finish was pretty dumb, but I feel like there is some solid room for a feud there.

Also where in the hell did that Hawkins match come from? It felt totally random

As for the 'double turn' -- heels/faces dont' exist anymore. Fans have already made up their minds they hate Roman and love Braun. There is no turn, none.

Top Bottom