• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

I haven't been in WassleGAF much recently (since I haven't been watching for the past year or so), but it's nice to see how things have improved around here in general. Shame it'll all go down the tubes once SunnyMac gets back and this thread returns to it's regularly scheduled programming of shitting on indie geeks, acting like creeps to pics of female wrestlers and unironic attempts to justify WWE's terrible booking as the fans intentionally getting worked into changing the channels.

What if I told you that Sunny wasn't the catalyst for any of those things

Anth0ny

10 minutes of Fuck You Roman after Wrestlemania, the assault on Braun... I'm rather certain they are fucking with the audience on purpose. And hell, it works. Both are Vince guys and get more of a reaction than most of the roster

It works, if by working you mean business is down by every measurable metric.

Alright then, cowboy. How about a bet.

If WWE is still in business on July 10th, 2022 (exactly #FiveYears from today), you have to take a 1 year ban. If you're right though and WWE is nothing more than a memory by that day, then I eat a 1 year ban. You up for it?

I don't do bets.

🖐

jmdajr

I haven't been in WassleGAF much recently (since I haven't been watching for the past year or so), but it's nice to see how things have improved around here in general. Shame it'll all go down the tubes once SunnyMac gets back and this thread returns to it's regularly scheduled programming of shitting on indie geeks, acting like creeps to pics of female wrestlers and unironic attempts to justify WWE's terrible booking as the fans intentionally getting worked into changing the channels.

Some of that stuff seems of base.

DJChuy

I'm going to a Smackdown house show tonight. Sucks it's on the same day as a Raw after a PPV. I like watching Raw for the Roman boos.

Browny

Banned
There's still plenty of thirsting in WrassleGAF.

image.php

A lot of it is for Braun and Miz though...

Kaladin

So that was a PPV....that happened. The wrestling was solid, but aside from Roman attempting murder nothing really happened. I kind of hope we get Joe vs Brock again because I feel like we got cheated on the finish, but other than that the match was what I expected. Joe got more on Brock than anyone I've seen in a while, more than even Goldberg and his one move matches.

The Tag Title Iron Man match was good, but could have been better. Roman vs Brock was the match / angle of the night and I kind of feel like this feud has helped Roman more than anything else they have done with him, but they need to stop with this shades of grey shit with him. Anyone else would have had a heel turn after attempted murder.

jmdajr

I think not watching Mondays and Tuesdays helps me enjoy the PPVs a little more. Not saying they don't have issues, but that's pretty much what happens.

Regardless last Smackdown PPV was poop, but Great Balls of Fire I felt was good.

Kaladin

I think not watching Mondays and Tuesdays helps me enjoy the PPVs a little more. Not saying they don't have issues, but that's pretty much what happens.

Regardless last Smackdown PPV was poop, but Great Balls of Fire I felt was good.

Pretty much where I'm at. I no longer watch the 5 hours of weekly WWE they produce and I'm able to catch up with the PPVs just fine. My wrestling entertainment is down to WWE PPV, NXT weekly and Takeovers, Progress shows and New Japan on AXS.

Kaladin

Holy shit, the WWE Network added the WWE vs ECW card which aired before One Night Stand 2006 on USA. I haven't seen this since it first aired. Cena vs Sabu and Rey vs RVD were pretty good from what I remember.

Holy shit, the WWE Network added the WWE vs ECW card which aired before One Night Stand 2006 on USA. I haven't seen this since it first aired. Cena vs Sabu and Rey vs RVD were pretty good from what I remember.
Ha nice

That was when Big Show defected right? What an event

Was Kurt already ECW at that point or was he that show too

jmdajr

maxresdefault.jpg

Braun sure has trimmed up since his debut. He's come a long way.

He is basically what Vince dreamed Ryback could be but wasn't.

Tom Nook

The Switch seems like another example of why Nintendo will fail with third parties until they are able to match the processing power of other systems out there.

Nintendo knows they can't compete in tech with Sony and MS. Nintendo is doing their own thing with motion controls back with the Wii. The idea of playing WWE 2K18 anywhere is the selling point for the Switch.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The Switch seems like another example of why Nintendo will fail with third parties until they are able to match the processing power of other systems out there.
I dont want them to match power of other systems. Unless Sony shocks the world and releases another handheld. But if they do that I'll automatically stop caring about the Switch so it wouldn't matter anyway. I hate that Switch is my only option.

*hugs Vita*

Top Bottom