• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Storyline quality is at like a 15 year low point. The matches were fine, good even, but that's not really enough for me. Not only do bad feuds and rehashes of old matches not add to a PPV, they detract from it.

Also, the main match I was looking forward to, Brock v Joe, went exactly as expected, sadly. Like really? Brock and Joe can't go 15 minutes? Does it really hurt Brock for Samoa Joe to give him a match?

Oh disagree stories were way worse circa 2012

I need some of these feuds to be over. Miz v Dean (I have enjoyed this feud more than most but I am ready for both of them to move on), Hardys v Europeans (great matches but fight some other teams please), Stro v Reigns (I fell asleep during the ambulance match, their matches are starting to feel samey)

Storyline quality is at like a 15 year low point. The matches were fine, good even, but that's not really enough for me. Not only do bad feuds and rehashes of old matches not add to a PPV, they detract from it.

Also, the main match I was looking forward to, Brock v Joe, went exactly as expected, sadly. Like really? Brock and Joe can't go 15 minutes? Does it really hurt Brock for Samoa Joe to give him a match?

Joe did give him a match. More so than anyone other than Goldberg and Roman.

Match length does not equal competitiveness.

Agreed. People forgot how bad 2010-2012 was real fast. 2010 made me quit watching wrestling completely for a while.

Gurrry

I was really hyped for that Joe Lesnar match. I thought it was going to be a legit ass fight. More of an MMA/UFC style brawl. But we really didnt get that unfortunately.

We got a typical Brock match with a little Joe sprinkled in.

Joe still looks strong, but Brock just randomly getting off an f5 out of nowhere is just so boring that I cant help but feel a little let down after that match.

Their story has kinda stalled for me. I wanna see Stro wrestle some other talent, if this keeps escalating I can see Roman shooting him with a grenade launcher after throwing him out a plane midair
Lol. I want to see that now. I don't know if I'm ready to see Stroman with too many other folks. Those Sami Zayn feud and matches were a mess. The Big Dog is always elevating his opponents.

LMAO THE AVATAR

We always got your back though. All the Renees in this thread can just drink it in.

i approve of the avatar change

or rather, we approve

What's with this fucking we shit?

This is about me, me damnit! I'm the most must see poster this place has ever seen.

So when my post goes up you keep your mouths shut

Meltz says Owens isn't injured, that he worked house shows last night and worked one tonight

Syder

Joe did give him a match. More so than anyone other than Goldberg and Roman.

Match length does not equal competitiveness.
Saying all of Lesnar's matches are bad lately doesn't excuse this one for following suit.

Probably, WWE has set a very low bar for quality many times in the past 30 years but back in 2012 I'd only relapsed on wrestling a year prior so was by default more engaged with the product despite it not being very good, plus Punk and Bryan regularly rescued TV shows and PPVs for me. Right now, my guys and gals are pretty much exclusively on SD and even that show isn't great.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fire Pro less than 20 hours dudes

zzNvQG4.jpg

Seph, i think i found an opponent in the future. Just to see Cody's arm raise..

��

Excel taking the top spot of the mountain

You wish you had half of the charisma I have.

You're out on the indies sweating for max 6k people and i'm doing 20k shows and hanging out in Hollywood on my spare time.

I could lead the Bullet Club with my eyes closed.

You wish you had half of the charisma I have.

You're out on the indies sweating for max 6k people and i'm doing 20k shows and hanging out in Hollywood on my spare time.

I could lead the Bullet Club with my eyes closed.
But Miz is from Cleveland. All they do is take L's..

*gets my bulletproof vest ready for any shooting *

But Miz is from Cleveland. All they do is take L's..

*gets my bulletproof vest ready for any shooting *

Miz might be from Cleveland but I'm Canadian you idiot...

You couldn't even carry my gym bag.

If it wasn't for your daddeh you'd be working the greatest coffee shop in the history of coffee shops with Tony Schiavone and the only 3 count you'd hear is 3 pumps of carmel please. So why don't you low fat double double your way to the back and let a real star shine.

Miz might be from Cleveland but I'm Canadian you idiot...

You couldn't even carry my gym bag.

If it wasn't for your daddeh you'd be working the greatest coffee shop in the history of coffee shops with Tony Schiavone and the only 3 count you'd hear is 3 pumps of carmel please. So why don't you low fat double double your way to the back and let a real star shine.
Cody would laugh at this.

He'd rather guest star on Arrow or a Gillette commercial than star in a straight to DVD movie..

Give Cody time to learn unscripted wrestling and he'll be ok

Zach

Checking the Ballz results after an evening of Twin Peaks and banging -- why is Titus O'Neil managing Akira Tozawa??

Cody would laugh at this.

He'd rather guest star on Arrow or a Gillette commercial than star in a straight to DVD movie..

Give Cody time to learn unscripted wrestling and he'll be ok

You'll try...

And that's what is so cute.

All you do is try

and try

and try

But in the end what are you a 3* nobody working bingo halls and grimy slums.

The only thing I saw from tonight was the BIG ASS picture and that killed me at work. Assuming the show was alright for a WWE PPV? I don't see as many "THIS IS THE LAST STRAW, I'M UNSUBSCRIBING" posts.

Checking the Ballz results after an evening of Twin Peaks and banging -- why is Titus O'Neil managing Akira Tozawa??

The gimmick was that Titus O'Neil was supposed to be a parody of Lavar Ball before he showed up on Raw and cut a better promo than most of the roster.

Top Bottom