• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Hex

Banned
Paige says she got bad family news and a lady tried to take a picture, I am assuming this would be the part where Alberto would get involved and she says the lady threw a drink.

*shrug*

Laws00

twitter is so fucking funny sometimes.

"When u slide into her dms and 1 hour later she still hasnt replied"

XZBHPlr.gif

Hasney

It works because it's the carniest ass move a company can make. I don't think that's how you want to portray yourself like that though.

Damn right. Slater and ... I literally just read his name a second ago and forgot it again, were basically just being used as rodeo clowns when someone gets violently kicked off a horse or bull.

tchocky

Been trying to find the clip of a big women's brawl (can't remember when) I believe it was on RAW...? where they go at it and were just stiffing the hell outta each other.

I think it's pretty safe to say they don't care for each other one bit....

I think it was during the build up to Survivor Series last year. When Alexa was asked about the women in NXT she said that Becky, Charlotte and Bayley all helped her out but made no mention of Sasha.

Damn right. Slater and ... I literally just read his name a second ago and forgot it again, were basically just being used as rodeo clowns when someone gets violently kicked off a horse or bull.

THAT'S what it was. Fucking rodeo clowns! WWE drawing inspiration from everywhere these days.

in other ryback news he claimed there was a chance he might have actually wrestled warrior at wrestlemania 30

never mind the fact warrior died a day or two after wm30 so if the match ever went through he very likely would have died during the entrance alone
Isn't Ryback like the biggest liar in professional wrestling? If every story he told was true he would have been the most over wrestler ever and he would have been champion for five years and he would have murdered hogan and he wouldn't have been the awful silverback who nobody ever really liked, fans or wrestlers alike?

Dave having a crush on her really blew up her hype compared to Bull, Dump, Kansai, Aja, Hokuto, Yamada etc

No way you can put that all on Dave, Toyota was very clearly presented as THE rising star of AJW from about '92 onwards. It was always going to be Toyota who dethroned Aja, and she's deserving of a lot of the hype, imo. Of all the stars in that era, Yamada's the one most overlooked I'd say - Bull, Aja, Hokuto, they all get their due.

Been trying to find the clip of a big women's brawl (can't remember when) I believe it was on RAW...? where they go at it and were just stiffing the hell outta each other.

I think it's pretty safe to say they don't care for each other one bit....
The Raw Talk promo seemed legit.

Isn't Ryback like the biggest liar in professional wrestling? If every story he told was true he would have been the most over wrestler ever and he would have been champion for five years and he would have murdered hogan and he wouldn't have been the awful silverback who nobody ever really liked, fans or wrestlers alike?
Oh yeah, Ryback's full of lies. His post WWE career is entertaining just to hear him say whatever thing he is the reason behind or what he was going to do that never happened.

Foggy

No way you can put that all on Dave, Toyota was very clearly presented as THE rising star of AJW from about '92 onwards. It was always going to be Toyota who dethroned Aja, and she's deserving of a lot of the hype, imo. Of all the stars in that era, Yamada's the one most overlooked I'd say - Bull, Aja, Hokuto, they all get their due.

Yamada was also super dangerous

giphy.gif

But that's pretty much the allure of AJW in many ways. Reckless, sloppy, violent women. Bless 'em.

@RealPaigeWWE

Paige says she got bad family news and a lady tried to take a picture, I am assuming this would be the part where Alberto would get involved and she says the lady threw a drink.

*shrug*

Coming from a family of cops, I'll just immediately join the many on social media calling BS and say cops wouldn't in a million years call that domestic violence battery.

Also obviously definitely wouldn't be the first time she's done the Everything'sFine.jif reaction immediately following an incident. As Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet/TMZ said, there are friends of both too scared to say or do anything

Beefy

Coming from a family of cops, I'll just immediately join the many on social media calling BS and say cops wouldn't in a million years call that domestic violence battery.

Also obviously definitely wouldn't be the first time she's done the Everything'sFine.jif reaction immediately following an incident. As Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet/TMZ said, there are friends of both too scared to say or do anything

Ergh cop family.......

I can't unsee Jeff Hardy BT Gunn after the first time I saw it on a poster. Interesting that the title defense will have someone who is (presumably) not under a WWE contract in it.

He was at the recent tryouts, so it could be the case that he got signed, but they're not announcing anything until they figure out their UK plans.

Hex

Banned

Agreed.
And the whole "Leave us alone" reaction right after does not help.
It is a shitty thing to be honest.
She was one of my favorites and she had the world in front of her, and she would very much be in the mix right now if none of this shit happened.
It is honestly one of the sadder stories in the past few years because the chances for come back grow smaller.
Del Rio doesn't give any fucks, he uses women up and then moves on to the next.
Paige will be lucky if she does not end up with a kid or two before it happens.

Breaking: People still giving WWE money in 2017 are eager to give them money for their shitty video game.
Why are you all doing this!?

Honestly, if it's comparable to the big boy versions, UNiverse on a train doesn't sound like the worst idea to pass the time.

I don't know what would be funnier, if the Switch version ran as good as the PS4 versions, or if it somehow ran worse.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Breaking: People still giving WWE money in 2017 are eager to give them money for their shitty video game.
Why are you all doing this!?

I don't know what would be funnier, if the Switch version ran as good as the PS4 versions, or if it somehow ran worse.
Because I still enjoy WWE on the whole. And because I haven't played a WWE game in 9 years. Its gotta be better than what I played 9 years ago. I'm hopeful.

Ergh cop family.......

Believe me, we ain't proud of the system and know a lot needs to change. I went to school hoping to be one just so I could try to be better to others, but got discouraged (especially with the uphill battle of pursuing it while being openly queer) and it didn't work out.

Oh yeah, Ryback's full of lies. His post WWE career is entertaining just to hear him say whatever thing he is the reason behind or what he was going to do that never happened.

Did you guys hear the one recently where he said he was there when Vince decided to end Tyler Breeze's push after jumping to main roster?

Beefy

Believe me, we ain't proud of the system and know a lot needs to change. I went to school hoping to be one just so I could try to be better to others, but got discouraged (especially with the uphill battle of pursuing it while being openly queer) and it didn't work out.

I was messing man, glad you seem to be one of the good cop fams though

Recall

Finally got around to watching Great Balls of Fire today:

WWE Great Balls of Fire 2017
•Seth Rollins vs. Bray Wyatt - Enjoyable opener, fine action.

•Big Cass vs. Enzo Amore - Enzo's promo was cool and inspired, match was a dull squash as expected.

•Iron Man Tag Team Title Match - Pedestrian and by the numbers until the final 6 minutes where the drama and excitement really picked up.

•Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss - Decent match that was entertaining enough, fun post match tussle.

•Dean Ambrose vs. The Miz - Quite uninteresting and largely forgettable. Very much just going through the motions.

•Ambulance Match - Highly psychical and very enjoyable for it, felt like a worthy battle for such an obscure stipulation with this rivalry. Post match stuff was crazy though overly drawn out.

•Filler jobber match - Who cares. Someone won off screen, lol

•Samoa Joe vs. Brock Lesnar - Insanely explosive and throughly entertaining. Loved everything about it.

So many heel victories and quite a few dodgy finishes on the show. Not the best PPV, just another above average same formula one with a few bright moments. Main event was memorable and worth the time, ambulance match was a great surprise.

Just watched Warrior. Kurt Angle plays "Evil Russian MMA Fighter", who powerbombs and german suplexes fools, and gets tapped out via leg submission. Can't make this shit up.
maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom