• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

@WONF4W
Jarrett said that he wasn't with TNA when Hernandez was edited out. Says that he couldn't appear on camera. This is a different situation.
Jarrett thinks it would further damage their brand if they edit stuff out. Says they've made tremendous strides since Anthem took control.

lmfaooooooooooo

The company that once sent Sunny a boneless ham as a sympathy gift after Candido died is worried about looking bad for not enabling a domestic abuser they gave their world title to.

Hmm, Matt Hardy throwing a "like" into the Paige/ADR cluster

tP9dvXW.jpg

Yikes, where is Mad Ox these days, anyhow? Last I remember, he locked his Twitter down.

Anth0ny

You know what else damages your brand? Having all your TV for a month centered around a no talent hack piece of shit carny fuck.

GFW is also going to have big problems with this Del Rio situation.

For the record, Meltzer never said he definitely thinks WWE is getting an increase. He wrote a big piece where the main conclusion was that, no matter what we all like to think, no one can say how WWE's next TV deal will go because it has nothing to do with how WWE is doing. It will be determined by how everything else is doing and how much WWE will matter to USA at that time. Remember, you don't get what you're worth. You get what you have the leverage to negotiate.

Regular/Cable TV is a dying business Hulu and Netflix has these guys shook. The WWE Network was a smart move on Vince's part. I give regular TV #5years before it dies.

JR says Medusa will be on the MYC commentary team with he and Lita.

That's one aspect of this where I'm glad they have a month and a half to clean it up.

Regular/Cable TV is a dying business Hulu and Netflix has these guys shook. The WWE Network was a smart move on Vince's part. I give regular TV #5years before it dies.

Traditional delivery of cable over coax or dish is not going anywhere as long as local sports contracts exist. The most likely scenario is a move into delivery of TV via IP like Sling or Vue.

JR says Medusa will be on the MYC commentary team with he and Lita.

That's one aspect of this where I'm glad they have a month and a half to clean it up.

I'm going to listen to the podcast later, but it seems like they know what they're talking about to some extent, I'm not too fearful.

jmdajr

Should WWE go with a free add version of the Network? Hell it's probbaly unrealistic to think that. If anything 5 bucks with adds, and 10 without. But they need more moneys and different ways to get it.

And even if it was free, how many more people would sign up?

Twice the amount?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
For them to actually up network subscriptions they need to air Raw and Smackdown live on the network, but since they make so much money from their TV deals that won't happen.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Major shows on the network aren't ad free. You get ads during ppvs and most ppvs are sponsored by some company. NXT plugs shitty music artist. I don't know what 205 Live does since I haven't watched since March.

Zach

Back when I was a foolish weirdo who subscribed to the WWE Network, I welcomed Pep Boys and Castrol GTX commercials while watching Nitro.

For them to actually up network subscriptions they need to air Raw and Smackdown live on the network, but since they make so much money from their TV deals that won't happen.

Bit that would raise the price and no one is going to pay more for raw.

Half the reason people watch raw is because it comes with Thier cable package

Kaladin

Back when I was a foolish weirdo who subscribed to the WWE Network, I welcomed Pep Boys and Castrol GTX commercials while watching Nitro.

Zack, you can now go back on the Network and do a nostalgia run of WWECW. They've added at least the first 140 or so.

jmdajr

Major shows on the network aren't ad free. You get ads during ppvs and most ppvs are sponsored by some company. NXT plugs shitty music artist. I don't know what 205 Live does since I haven't watched since March.

Well then you will get MORE ads.

Anth0ny

Yeah I don't think asking people to pay for raw and or smackdown would work out too well

The tv deal is everything. They lose that and it starts a domino effect.

Should WWE go with a free add version of the Network? Hell it's probbaly unrealistic to think that. If anything 5 bucks with adds, and 10 without. But they need more moneys and different ways to get it.

And even if it was free, how many more people would sign up?

Twice the amount?

Hulu gets away with ads on their paid service since the beginning. If they want revenue I bet wrestling fans would put up with ads just being added to The Network. Add another tier with no ads $12.99. I think they have peaked with how many subscribers they are gonna get for now unless the popularity of Wrestling/WWE goes up with more people(mainstream) rather than milking the same fans.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hulu gets away with ads on their paid service since the beginning. If they want revenue I bet wrestling fans would put up with ads just being added to The Network. Add another tier with no ads $12.99. I think they have peaked with how many subscribers they are gonna get for now unless the popularity of Wrestling/WWE goes up with more people(mainstream) rather than milking the same fans.

Ads on wrestling aren't worth enough for them to switch to that model, I think.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

A year ago or so, there would be ads on the network before you could watch anything..even old shit.

jmdajr

That's the thing. Even free with ads, how many more fans could they get?

Yeah maybe some still watch because they have USA by chance, but wouldn't go out of their way for anything else.

A year ago or so, there would be ads on the network before you could watch anything..even old shit.

I remember them doing a test run with ads but honestly sometimes I don't know what is an ad on a WWE show or just a sponsor add in so they can set up the ring, etc. Id be down for a higher tier that let me watch House Shows.

JohnDrake

RAW is the only non-fractional show on USA and Smackdown is their 2nd biggest show. The TV deal is gonna be good. WWE is gonna be fine. They should be more worried about not selling out a Mondya Night RAW in Houston.

Spoilers are going to be all over the place starting tonight with the final nxt taping going into Brooklyn.

I'm fine with NXT spoilers for the most part. But a big part of my enjoyment of a tournament is in the mystery. And I just know it's gonna be spoiled by someone just randomly blasting it out here, or by Meltzer saying it at some point in the next month because Meltzer actively dislikes people not wanting him to spoil things. lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
rip rogers is a really entertaining jobber that is booked well enough that you dont realize hes a jobber. a proto disco inferno

..........dive

Top Bottom