• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

GFW said:
Global Force Wrestling has indefinitely suspended Alberto El Patron, effective immediately, until the investigation is resolved following a recent incident in Orlando, Florida.

You know this would actually mean something if they hadn't just taped over a month of TV

August 17th is the only time this might actually matter, when they go back to do more shows

Browny

Banned
Meh, other than Neville who even had pyro that mattered?

Not current, but:

SID.jpg

Meltzer is an expert on TV execs now? What can this man not do?

Their ratings woes are far from over, this fall they'll be hitting the sub 1.5s regularly. Maybe even around 1.2 around November.

Their ratings have been pretty good the past few weeks... even their July 4th was solid.

Not current, but:

SID.jpg

Oh the list in the past is huge but current stars... just Brock and whatever he's on once in a blue fucking moon

Beefy

I know. And let go of a bunch of talent that doesn't draw like Sami zayn, shinsuke nakamura and cesaro.

Meltzer thought shibatas injury was a work

I know more about fake sports than meltzer

What are you going to do if WWE get the same or better deal?

WWE rarely ever did pyro until the Monday Night War. In fact, the only time I remember ever seeing any pyro for any superstar before that was when the Ultimate Warrior beat Hogan at Mania.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer is an expert on TV execs now? What can this man not do?

Their ratings woes are far from over, this fall they'll be hitting the sub 1.5s regularly. Maybe even around 1.2 around November.

Can every game come to Switch please? Please?

I mean, he got it from elsewhere, but he said that he was told USA's share is falling in general, which is why he wouldn't be surprised if they managed a small increase.

I know. And let go of a bunch of talent that doesn't draw like Sami zayn, shinsuke nakamura and cesaro.

Meltzer thought shibatas injury was a work

I know more about fake sports than meltzer

It's literally an industry where people pretend to get injured. It's not that hard to be wrong when you get info that isn't accurate/have to judge based on the appearance of an injury. Let's not forget the time Sami Zayn did a flip to the outside and everyone on GAF was convinced he tore his elbow ligament (because a random twitter guy said he ran to the back and looked injured) and were talking about his imminent release.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Pyro is mostly loud and annoying, but they should keep it on for Brock's entrances - its lame as hell when he does his entrance moves and no pyro goes off.

Sendai Girls runs very infrequently, so it's hard to make the emotional connection. I will take whatever I can get of Queen Meiko though.

Anth0ny

What are you going to do if WWE get the same or better deal?

It would be pretty baffling if a fake sports company in 2019 with ratings in the low 1s manages to get the same or better deal as it did when it did low to mid 3s consistently.

It would be pretty baffling if a fake sports company in 2019 with ratings in the low 1s manages to get the same or better deal as it did when it did low to mid 3s consistently.

Why? Ratings are down for everything across the board shy of football (and even football had depressed ratings last season.).

Why? Ratings are down for everything across the board shy of football (and even football had depressed ratings last season.).

I thought this past season was one of the lowest rated seasons in a while for the NFL? I just think TV viewing in general down overall with most people choosing streaming options over live TV

Beefy

I thought this past season was one of the lowest rated seasons in a while for the NFL? I just think TV viewing in general down overall with most people choosing streaming options over live TV

Even football (soccer) viewings are down, but I can still see their TV deal going even more crazy

What's most amusing to me about WWE's view on ratings is that they often lump in YT views as a metric for their viewing success but you're giving up so much potential for bringing in viewers by delivering a ton of content via YouTube. Additionally you're completely discourging your fan base from signing up for the network b/c they can get all those vignettes and highlights via YouTube.

I just don't understand their strategy anymore when it comes to digital content other than "Hey we have abunch of stuff, pay us $9.99 and you can get live PPV too". Which def works to an extent, but it's also not producing enough good content to justifify signing up.

jmdajr

My mind is still old school thinking, "Holy crap PPVs used to be 35 bucks a month!" I mean most my life I watched PPVs using... well, special boxes. So the 9.99 isn't the worst for me.

BUT... is that 9.99 better than what you get for Netflix? Hulu? Spofity? Xbox Game Pass?
It all depends.

For me yes because I have the time to watch two PPVs a month. I don't have time for non stop tv series or games.

Saying that, I still have Netflix and Hulu but it's more for the wife and kids who watch it way more than me,

As WWE's own data has repeatedly shown, nothing's had as big or fast a decline as WWE Raw

*snip*

This positivity spin has no basis in reality, even WWE admits as much

#5years

Soon, there will be no stars to call back for Mania season and since they have failed to produce new stars this racist, homophobic, sexist travelling circus will be dead.

Fox318

If WWE really wanted to prove their social media worth they would have their next contract partner for raw be youtube. Prior to the Wall Street Journal completely destroying their credibility with advertisers they might actually be the only ones to rid the wrestling stigma from advertising as people wouldn't be sponsoring raw so much as advertising to viewers directly.

Mahonay

Banned
https://twitter.com/pwstream/status/885108420797497345 WWE cutting expenses earlier than even I or Anth0ny expected, no more pyro entrances
Ah, yeah I noticed Brock had no pyro for his entrance at GBOF.

Seems like a sensible place to cut money. You could easily tone down other shit and save more easy money. Who the fuck needs a ring that's covered in LED screens? Shit looks super dumb. Also 205 Live...being live...seems like a massive waste of money and resources. Just tape it.

The video ramp is the only thing they added that actually looks cool.

As WWE's own data has repeatedly shown, nothing's had as big or fast a decline as WWE Raw

I1Jf7PB.jpg

This positivity spin has no basis in reality, even WWE admits as much
I'm not saying there isn't a disproportionate decline. That said isn't RAW still USA's top performing scripted program? That's what your posted metric indicates.

1. Wwe is down waaaaay more than anything else

2. Fake sports are not real sports

Your second point means nothing. Either USA believes RAW will waste away to nothing, or they don't. And as I said TV is down across the board, in massive numbers.

Heroman

Banned
I'm not saying there isn't a disproportionate decline. That said isn't RAW still USA's top performing scripted program?

Your second point means nothing. Either USA believes RAW will waste away to nothing, or they don't. And as I said TV is down across the board, in massive numbers.
Not really, there are more people who get the USA network now than they did the Monday night wars, the problem is that people aren't watching WWE programming anymore. Like live sports are rating proof. And WWE rating have fallen more then any other sport.

Tom Nook

WWE youtube channel would show highlights immediately after RAW. So what's the point of watching a 3-hour show? I can get all the main points of RAW in 10mins - 20mins of youtube watching.

Not really, there are more people who get the USA network now than they did the Monday night wars, the problem is that people aren't watching WWE programming anymore. Like live sports are rating proof. And WWE rating have fallen more then any other sport.

The bolded is irrelevant. Again by that posted metric even a diminished RAW and Smackdown's ratings eclipse USA Network's other programming. Both programs get the most eyeballs for the network. Unless USA is going to fill their slot with late season baseball or Football games (they won't) they're not going to see a bigger earner than that WWE suite.

Mahonay

Banned
TRENDING #1 WORLDWIDE ON TWITTER!!!

WATCH US ANY TIME ON YOUTUBE!!

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO US. WE ARE IMPORTANT TOO. REALLY. PLEASE TELL US WE MATTER. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. #PLEASE.

Top Bottom