• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

DDwIo7VVYAAeaOU

All Natty

gun_haver

I've been kind of obsessed with the GLOW netflix show this past week or two, so I ended up finding out that the WTF podcast with Marc Maron had interviewed the actresses, and then I found out he also interviewed AJ Mendez Brooks just before that, too. I'd heard his interview with CM Punk years ago as well.

Anyway it's kind of interesting because I've also just been paying a little bit of attention to the stuff with Kairi Hojo and Io Shirai possibly going to WWE, I mean that's how I heard they exist, but I have never been interested in any kind of wrestling except WWE, which I haven't watched for a while now because it's extremely bad/boring and I hate everything the company stands for (although y'know, I've turned a blind eye to that before when it was at least entertaining to me).

So I now think wrestling would probably be a much better thing if WWE would just go out of business and there were several different companies for different kinds of wrestling fans and different kinds of wrestlers. The racist hicks can have their own promotion, the weirdos can have their own promotion, etc. I suppose this kind of happens already with there being things like NJPW, ROH and Stardom, but I mean more like having 3 or 4 credible and stylistically different weekly wrestling shows produced in the english language, or at least with an english language version.

I guess what I'm trying to say is hearing from AJ Mendez Brooks just kinda made me think, huh, she's way too good for those WWE pieces of shit. Not that I think she's so amazing, but she just came off as a genuine and smart person so it's a shame. GLOW, also, although it's a scripted comedy, made me think y'know, wrestling doesn't have to be such an ugly, right-wing thing. It could actually be fun. I don't want the wrestlers to stop making money, but at the same time, I'm gonna be quietly rooting for the WWE to go out of business from afar now.

Heroman

Banned
If he's the heel because he's invading Japan, then he should be a face over here right?

I mean, that's basically the entire gist of the Bullet Club, yet Cody is the only one booed. How does that constitute it working.
Cody doesn't get booed at 99% of the shows he at.

Yo Bullet Club and Bucks tees hit my local Hot Topic store and sold out in two fucking days. Before I could get any.

But yeah 2 days in a mall in not even downtown Vancouver and gone.

They done good.

Egg0

Banned
The best thing Cody did during the Okada match was hitting the Curtain Call.

Also LOL when Cody heard the commentators talking about "legacy" he tried to hit Okada with Orton's hanging DDT.

The only time Cody gets a proper reaction is when other members of BC are there.
Otherwise fans are meh

This isn't true at all. Cody sells out indy shows all over of the country. Wrestlecircus is bringing him in in August, charging nearly double what they normally ask, and the front row still sold out immediately.

It was very good!

It did kind of drag a bit in the middle as the romance between Baby and Debora kinda fell flat for me, but all in all another excellent Edgar Wright flick.
I guess since there's 5 what's the order of best films by him?

1. Shaun of the dead
2. Hot fuzz
3. Baby driver
4. World's end
5. Scott pilgrim

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I liked Shaun of the Dead

but I feel like theres a lot of people on the internet that treat it like some kind of masterpiece.

UberTag

I guess since there's 5 what's the order of best films by him?

1. Shaun of the dead
2. Hot fuzz
3. Baby driver
4. World's end
5. Scott pilgrim
My personal order after one screening of Baby Driver...

1. Scott Pilgrim
2. Baby Driver
3. Shaun of the Dead
4. Hot Fuzz
5. The World's End

And I haven't seen Scott Pilgrim in a while. Might actually bump Baby Driver ahead of it after re-watches of both.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
My order is the same, except I haven't seen Baby Driver yet, so don't know where that slots in.

I might switch Scott Pilgrim and Baby Driver after I've seen Baby Driver a few times, but off first impressions it's my least favorite of his films, albeit still an excellent movie.

Top Bottom