• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

lol, RevPro are doing an iPPV trial via their on demand service and messed up because the promoter told Pivotshare the start time in GMT, when currently we're in BST. So doesn't look like the first hour's getting streamed haha.

Britwres and iPPVs don't tend to mix very well.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
If you slapnuts don't watch baby driver then I'll be disappointed forever in everyone. Sleeper hit of the year for me.
Baby-driver-gif.gif

I'm going to see it in an hour, looking forward to it. Edgar Wright is a genius.

Hycran

Banned
Hard to feel too sad when it seems like big Meltz had a good go of it, remind me of when my grandfather passed away. Obviously you miss the person, but its very comforting knowing that they led as good lives as they did.

We can only hope Dave lasts as long.

Foggy

Not crazy about the multi-man matches for day 2, but the Juice+Jay White+CMLL vs LIJ looks like a good time. I'll be happy with whatever happens with US title as long as Jay Lethal isn't in the finals. Prepared for the worst with Tana and ASS man.

Seems likely that Cody will fuck over or fail to fuck over Omega tonight. Waiting until after G1 to do the split is probably too long.

Not crazy about the multi-man matches for day 2, but the Juice+Jay White+CMLL vs LIJ looks like a good time. I'll be happy with whatever happens with US title as long as Jay Lethal isn't in the finals. Prepared for the worst with Tana and ASS man.

Seems likely that Cody will fuck over or fail to fuck over Omega tonight. Waiting until after G1 to do the split is probably too long.

I want that LIJ match to go long

After a failed stint as a direct-to-video action star.

"has been reigns returns to wrestling after The Marine 15 bombs"

What happened to him anyway?

He couldn't go to wwf while vince was scared of Sinclair taking them to court for contract tampering, but he'd already finished up with ROH and NJPW, so he was in limbo.

I think ROH guys are clear to go now, so I assume he'll be going soon, unless he's changed his mind.

How many times will JR fuck up tonight?

I assume it'll be cyrus and kelly tonight. Though I'd watch the Japanese commentary either way.

I only watched it partially in English yesterday because of JR, but either age has gotten the better of him or he didn't bother preparing. I assume he'll be fine on AXS next week with post production.

He couldn't go to wwf while vince was scared of Sinclair taking them to court for contract tampering, but he'd already finished up with ROH and NJPW, so he was in limbo.

I think ROH guys are clear to go now, so I assume he'll be going soon, unless he's changed his mind.

Ah alright, I remember hearing the possible NXT stuff, didn't know about the contract tampering worry though.

Foggy

I heard people say that JR had mentioned he'll "try to do better tomorrow" so I guess he's still on for today. He seems keenly aware of how out of his depth he was. Sad to hear.

I disagree, he was great in the wwf uk title match.

It's either he's getting forgetful but axs and wwf are getting it fixed in post or he's not doing his homework for njpw.
I hear his call of Okada vs Suzuki was superb.

His appearance on World of Sport was horrible. I guess it all depends on the production and what he's asked to do, which I'll never know. So perhaps I was harsh.

JR last night was an unfortunate argument in favor of WWE scripting

I guess it's on the production team for assuming he would just know what he's talking about. You could tell he was trying to get into the emotion and storytelling of the match, but his clear lack of New Japan knowledge just brought it way down

He was even reading off bullet points that they must've given to him and he clearly knew nothing outside of them

Look at this crap, people being from the future like some sort of CHIKARA storyline they'd all crap on if they were from present. I believe this means we should all bring back our good friend Archibald Peck.

Top Bottom