• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Sephzilla

lNG2wVD.gif

klonere

Banned
The turning point was the end of Kobashi's 700+ day reign - too much politics and disagreement about who should be the guy to dethrone him. Should have been Akiyama, instead they went with Rikioh. But the biggest problem was simply not having enough heavyweight wrestlers coming through, while KENTA & Marufuji were stealing the show.

Now, after the decline following the loss of their weekly TV spot, Misawa's death, the NJPW partnership and essentially rebooting the promotion, I think a lot of the old hardcore fans have just migrated to All Japan. Japanese indie dudes and TNA guys aren't going to do anything to bring them back.

Having watched a bunch of Akiyama/Nagata Zero-1 and early 00s stuff lately it's baffling and sad that their respective promotions didn't get 100% behind them. They were both so good and so over.

And yeah, NOAH right now isn't setup to make back any fans or gain new ones with what they are trying. Even if the remaining talent is absolutely murdering themselves.

jmdajr

I'm convinced most wreslting (WWE) fans will never be happy

Like happy in life, or happy with the product.

I don't have to be happy with the product. It's simply a distraction. It being bad doesn't affect me in any negative way. But it can be totally fun when it's good.

Fun moments are nice.

edit: I'm down to just watching PPvs.

jmdajr

Is there such a thing as "getting hooked on steroids." Maybe psychologically.

I remember kind of panicking on the days I couldn't go to the gym. Took some time to get over it and not be obsessed.

Is there such a thing as "getting hooked on steroids."

Maybe psychologically.

I remember kind of panicking on the days I couldn't go to the gym. Took some time to get over it and not be obsessed.

I've never gotten on the juice, because I don't really care about myself in that regard all that much, but a buddy of mine got right into it. He stopped cycling and basically shot up every day and would be a mess when he didn't get on it. It got hairy for a while.

Now he works 6AM-2PM. Gets off work, goes to the pub, drinks 15+ beers and eats a handful of endone or oxycontin every night. Pretty sad.

And while everyone jokes about being short on here, he is a short fella and it fucked with him psychologically. He tried to make himself huge by juicing up and going to the gym, it didn't turn his life around and now he is worse off. So never put all your eggs in one basket/pay attention to GymGAF who think working out fixes everything.

jmdajr

Have you seen Jinder?

I meant in the way people are hooked on Opioids.

But yeah.....I hear ya.

I've never gotten on the juice, because I don't really care about myself in that regard all that much, but a buddy of mine got right into it. He stopped cycling and basically shot up every day and would be a mess when he didn't get on it. It got hairy for a while.

Now he works 6AM-2PM. Gets off work, goes to the pub, drinks 15+ beers and eats a handful of endone or oxycontin every night. Pretty sad.

And while everyone jokes about being short on here, he is a short fella and it fucked with him psychologically. He tried to make himself huge by juicing up and going to the gym, it didn't turn his life around and now he is worse off. So never put all your eggs in one basket/pay attention to GymGAF who think working out fixes everything.

Yeah man that's fucking harsh.

I never really thought what my end game was but I wanted to be strong and look good and the thought of not being able to maintain such was off putting.

Now it's more a health thing. Keep the weight off, keep blood sugars low, slow the process of death. If stuff looks good it's a nice side benefit. Everyday being at the gym pumping iron just doesn't work anymore (for me).

Anth0ny

Is there such a thing as "getting hooked on steroids." Maybe psychologically.

I think Benoit and Eddie prove that yes, you can get hooked on steroids.

klonere

Banned
I think AJPW's Sumo Hall show this year arguably has a stronger top two matches. I wonder if they will be able to draw as strongly as they did last year, given that the number they had was um, unexpected to say the least.

DFFemlHUAAA0NKg.jpg

I meant in the way people are hooked on Opioids.
I never really thought what my end game was but I wanted to be strong and look good and the thought of not being able to maintain such was off putting.

Now it's more a health thing. Keep the weight off, keep blood sugars low, slow the process of death. If stuff looks good it's a nice side benefit. Everyday being at the gym pumping iron just doesn't work anymore (for me).

I hope I didn't come off as too critical to people who want to change their life, one way or the other, because that wasn't my intention at all.

Everyone has to go their own way about trying to figure things out and seeing what will work for their own long term happiness and health. Some things work, others things may not. His situation is really sad and he is still in denial about it, despite reaching out for help on occasion. When he shows that "weakness" I'll see him a day later where his attitude is again "heh don't know what happened the other night talking shit, keen for beers and oxy tonight bro?" It is a sad spiral made sadder by not being able to do anything. In these cases, it is often not until someone hits the bottom they realise they need help and unfortunately it is too late.

I think loneliness and being misunderstood is killing the world today. So much focus on persona while so many are so lonely.

BUT, having said all that. Everyone should do and try whatever they can to be happy and healthy. Just trying not to get attached to an ideal outcome, which is unfortunately quite hard.

It looks like a bad PPV in general so you could skip it. You can save your wall. Think of your wall!

I'm only interested in the Punjabi Prison match, but the camera work is going to make it impossible to see anything in that match since they haven't figured out a good way to have cameras IN the cage.

I am a small, frail, beautiful man. How do I get traps like 1993 Sid Vicious?

Thank you in advance, FallingEdge and Friends.

Heavy shrugs, high rep shrugs, face pulls

A lot of receptors that respond really well to testosterone are in the shoulder/trap area. So when there is someone with 3d delts and big traps, that is a sign of drug use. Genetics help out as well.

Zach

Heavy shrugs, high rep shrugs, face pulls

A lot of receptors that respond really well to testosterone are in the shoulder/trap area. So when there is someone with 3d delts and big traps, that is a sign of drug use. Genetics help out as well.

You know I don't speak Spanish.

jmdajr

I think loneliness and being misunderstood is killing the world today. So much focus on persona while so many are so lonely.

BUT, having said all that. Everyone should do and try whatever they can to be happy and healthy. Just trying not to get attached to an ideal outcome, which is unfortunately quite hard.

Certainly. Sometimes trying to better yourself can take a wrong turn. Always have to do your best to be aware and put the brakes before shit gets out of control.

Top Bottom