• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

@TalkMMA (who has broken a bunch of MMA-related news) says Heyman and Brock were at UFC HQ during International Fight Week to meet with management, and that he'll be coming back. Already back in the USADA testing pool, and rumored to be dropping the belt to
Reigns
at Summerslam

His one-year suspension was retroactive to the date of the failed test, which was July 9. He's been eligible to return for a little over a week
I feel like we all knew this was going to happen.

Sephzilla

Dana is going to welcome back Brock with open arms because UFC needs some more marketable stars since Rousey got KOed into oblivion and Conor is going to get smacked around by Floyd

I feel like we all knew this was going to happen.

Some here were hesitant to even believe he was on roids/failed the test, let alone that he'd be suspended from the company for it. So I don't doubt at least a few thought his "retirement" from the sport was legit

I've always thought he was coming back, but that it'd wait until after his last day at Mania. But stuff got incredibly sped up in the UFC world (the sale, them finally being able to do shows in MSG, them losing Ronda, them about to lose Conor), so they need star power and need it ASAP

Mahonay

Banned
Dana is going to welcome back Brock with open arms because UFC needs some more marketable stars since Rousey got KOed into oblivion and Conor is going to get smacked around by Floyd

And after Rumble Johnson phoned in his last fight and then retired

and CM Punk is a disappointment.
Yep.

And CM Punk barely registers as a UFC fighter, with a single fight over 3 years, a single fight where he was absolutely decimated. Disappointment is the wrong word. More like misjudgment. I guess that one fight did draw though.

Heroman

Banned
tumblr_otb2f2lmCo1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Mahonay

Banned
I'm actually kind of surprised that Cena is a democrat considering the company he works for
?

Plenty of talent in WWE aren't conservatives. Obviously that rings more true today than it did 15-20 years ago.

But of course you still have your fuckbois like AJ and Cass.

I think AJPW's Sumo Hall show this year arguably has a stronger top two matches. I wonder if they will be able to draw as strongly as they did last year, given that the number they had was um, unexpected to say the least.

DFFemlHUAAA0NKg.jpg

Kojima vs. SUWAMA is literally decades in the making, so it's of interest. Ishikawa vs. Miyahara should also be a good draw in Tokyo.

They'll round out the card with a little bit of freak show (yay Dory Funk Jr.), a little bit of nostalgia (yay Tajiri), and as much as they can fit on that card. As long as the expensive corporate seats are sold, they'll paper the rest.

WGW BIG GOLD: GET MONEY - Presented by WGW, Taco Bell, and Fire Pro Wrestling World

WGW Tag Team Tryout Match
DMczaf/RBH vs Bolo Yeung/JCVD

MMA Special Attraction Bout
Beefy vs Sea Creature

WGW Big Gold Championship Tourney
Tom Nook
Sweeney Tom
MrLARIATO
Data West
Jamie OD
Sinatar
tm24
Not Zach (one night only agreement)
Kornflayx (one night only agreement)
Sephzilla (special GWF/WGW cross promotion)
blackaroni
Hex
BewareTheBatsie
Mystery Entrant
Egg0
CM Punk

Hex

Banned
Cena vs Tanahashi would be aces.

Did Cena suddenly learn to wrestle while I was asleep? Did his USA USA Horse shit cause me to do some Rip Van Winkle shit?

At the end of the day this is clothesline clothesline , shoulder off the ropes, leg drop or fist drop, terrible leg drop off the top, terrible springboard whatever he is trying.

Top Bottom