• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Did Cena suddenly learn to wrestle while I was asleep? Did his USA USA Horse shit cause me to do some Rip Van Winkle shit?

At the end of the day this is clothesline clothesline , shoulder off the ropes, leg drop or fist drop, terrible leg drop off the top, terrible springboard whatever he is trying.
It's better than what ever Billy Gun did in Long Beach.

Anth0ny

Punk got me back into watching WWE full time. Bryan made me stay around.

same. combination of punk and rock coming back.

and I hope brock is gone. no good talent-less motherfucker with no love for THIS BUSINESS. same damn shitty match every time. and bring that fucker heyman with you, same damn shitty promo every fucking time.

Hex

Banned
Punk got me back into watching WWE full time. Bryan made me stay around.
Punk should take Kenny up on his offer, join the upper tier of BC, work his own schedule and make money.
Then if he wants to go back to Stamford, great.

After the way the WWE treated AJ though...

Sephzilla

Did Cena suddenly learn to wrestle while I was asleep? Did his USA USA Horse shit cause me to do some Rip Van Winkle shit?

At the end of the day this is clothesline clothesline , shoulder off the ropes, leg drop or fist drop, terrible leg drop off the top, terrible springboard whatever he is trying.

Cena's always been capable of putting on good matches (he had great matches with Sami, KO, Cesaro, and Rusev).

Punk should take Kenny up on his offer, join the upper tier of BC, work his own schedule and make money.
Then if he wants to go back to Stamford, great.

After the way the WWE treated AJ though...

I actually could see Punk going to NJPW though... especially if Bryan does

Mahonay

Banned
The Invasion was the beginning of my waning interest in WWE.

I can't really remember what made me leave for good. I do know it was after Brock's first run and before Goldberg came back.

Sephzilla

My interest in WWE started fading somewhere between the HHH Reign of Terror and Cena becoming Nu-Hogan. HHH had already become insufferable during the Attitude Era when him and Steph started becoming a thing. HHH straight up ruling over a show made me stop caring fast.

Hex

Banned
Cena's always been capable of putting on good matches (he had great matches with Sami, KO, Cesaro, and Rusev).

No offence to you commish, but you don't watch NJPW nor do I know what Indys you do watch so good match...i need a metric

jmdajr

If I guy is good person outside the ring, does that help you like them inside the ring?

Or do you pretty much just go by what the product gives you.

Because the opposite certainly hurts, at least for me.

Funny enough it was The Shield that got me back in.

The early incarnation of the shield was awesome. There were over brother!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I started watching again because the Network made it plausible for me to actually follow all the PPVs.

Sephzilla

No offence to you commish, but you don't watch NJPW nor do I know what Indys you do watch so good match...i need a metric

My metric was "Cena was putting on good matches that were comparable to the good shit that was happening in NXT at the time".

same. combination of punk and rock coming back.

and I hope brock is gone. no good talent-less motherfucker with no love for THIS BUSINESS. same damn shitty match every time. and bring that fucker heyman with you, same damn shitty promo every fucking time.

Brock is awesome

He basically booked the Goldberg feud himself.

Sephzilla

Brock needs to go away. The "Brock fights when he pleases" thing was fun and cool when he was fresh off of obliterating Undertaker and Cena and was basically the God King. But Brock doesn't have the same effect anymore and there being no proper payoff to the God King Brock angle hurt Brock

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
didnt punk complain about wwe not giving him time off and wanting him to work while injured?

20110828033859_1108262019002.JPG

jmdajr

Brock needs to go away. The "Brock fights when he pleases" thing was fun and cool when he was fresh off of obliterating Undertaker and Cena and was basically the God King. But Brock doesn't have the same effect anymore and there being no proper payoff to the God King Brock angle hurt Brock

I think moving on to King Braun is fine.

His match with Umaga is what turned the page for me on him. Made me respect a lot more for than just some Hogan like guy

I can understand that. That was the consistently great use of a tag team I can think of on the main roster. Which makes what they did with each individual post-split even worse

That's why I say funny enough because they are all super lame now... though Reigns is starting to turn the corner

jmdajr

Rusev should be in Joe's spot.

Sucks he's back for just to lose in an old school rivalry.

So is he representing Russia or Bulgaria?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rusev should be in Joe's spot.

Sucks he's back for just to lose in an old school rivalry.

So is he representing Russia or Bulgaria?

He doesn't even have Lana as his mouthpiece so he's just full Bulgarian now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rusev is very fun and talented and likeable

Joe is the best heel in the company by merit of his own ability and not anything to do with his booking or wins

You wouldn't want Rusev in Joe's spot.

Pikma

Banned
King Braun would be great

Touche but doesn't NJPW work a lighter schedule than WWE?
Lighter in terms of days on the road but their wrestling style is also harder so I think it ends up evening out, unless you're the Bucks and only tour with NJPW once every two months or something like that. There's a reason both roster are full of guys working while being hurt

Mahonay

Banned
Rusev is very fun and talented and likeable

Joe is the best heel in the company by merit of his own ability and not anything to do with his booking or wins

You wouldn't want Rusev in Joe's spot.
Yeah Joe is fucking killing it. I don't know why you'd think about changing him out with anyone. He's getting more of a chance than Rusev, but that's just what happens in WWE.

Joe is coming off like a star and that makes me happy. It's more than I thought we would get out of him in WWE.

Angry Grimace

Lighter in terms of days on the road but their wrestling style is also harder so I think it ends up evening out, unless you're the Bucks and only tour with NJPW once every two months or something like that. There's a reason both roster are full of guys working while being hurt

Meltzer was saying the other day he wants Titus O'Neill to be Tanahashi's manager because it's high time some of these guys had someone to prevent them from killing themselves.

Angry Grimace

Joe is gonna eat the pin at SummerSlam tho.

That makes me sad.

I don't think so. I think they'd prefer to keep Joe around as a "threat that Roman has never beat." They're pushing that angle pretty hard. You can get like 3 PPVs out of it.

Top Bottom