• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Syder

I mean who's come through their dojo that they've just ditched? yujiro still has a job ffs, i'd rate Fale far above him.
Yujiro could've done so much more with his career. He's not a bad worker at all, he just got too comfortable and settled for mediocrity.

Also the current betting odds have
Tye, Cena, Charlotte only faces winning. Including Corbin over Nak

Gonna be a special shitshow if nothing else

Hasney

Also the current betting odds have
Tye, Cena, Charlotte only faces winning. Including Corbin over Nak

Gonna be a special shitshow if nothing else

Depends where you go for
Orton V Jinder. Seen Jinder favoured at PaddyPower and SkyBet have then both at the same odds

klonere

Banned
He has a training school that gives them access to a talent pipeline.

Ah yes, namely this guy, right.

ZRXuygC.png

Listening to Meltzer talk about how great this year has been, so I've thought back on it so far. I counted 45 matches so far this year that I would consider "amazing" (four stars) or better. And that's despite the fact that I haven't kept up with stuff like Evolve and LU. And I'm still probably forgetting stuff.

WWE may suck, but we are spoiled as wrestling fans right now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Anyway who says NJPW is unaccessable is truly a fucking idiot. Like the moron who complains about watching a movie from a different language "I don't like to read subtitles", fuck off you close minded prick,

Pro wrestling has zero complexities about it that you need English commentary to spell anything out. It's very clear by how it's presented and if you can't figure it out then it isn't for you.

NJPW should never sacrifice what makes it amazing just to keep a few morons quiet. A Japanese promotion should never change its roots, it defeats the point you moment you have western fans dictate everything.

Wrestling is easy to understand in any language.

workedintoashoot.jpg

Foggy

Oh fuck I got spoiled on Dragon Gate

FUCK YOU CIMA

FUCK

FUCK

FFFUUUUUUCCCKKKKK

I'm afraid to know...

They need to sign Keith Lee.

I really want to know why they are so attached to Fale, perhaps it simply a loyalty thing.

Definitely a loyalty thing. Explains why EVIL got his NEVER title feud last year and SANADA only has a brief program with Tana to define his singles run. It's admirable to a degree.

Anyway who says NJPW is unaccessable is truly a fucking idiot. Like the moron who complains about watching a movie from a different language "I don't like to read subtitles", fuck off you close minded prick,

Pro wrestling has zero complexities about it that you need English commentary to spell anything out. It's very clear by how it's presented and if you can't figure it out then it isn't for you.

NJPW should never sacrifice what makes it amazing just to keep a few morons quiet. A Japanese promotion should never change its roots, it defeats the point you moment you have western fans dictate everything.

Wrestling is easy to understand in any language.
HeromanAlt.jpg

klonere

Banned
I'm afraid to know...

Definitely a loyalty thing. Explains why EVIL got his NEVER title feud last year and SANADA only has a brief program with Tana to define his singles run. It's admirable to a degree.

Be very very afraid.

Yeah but I think the SANADA push is well and truly on now. He's playing super babyface in these G-1 matches, a definite change from last year. Dojo graduate loyalty is real though.

Hex

Banned
He has a training school that gives them access to a talent pipeline.

Pretty much that, plus he is a workable monster who does not ask for alot, and behind the scenes he really is the nicest guy from what I have heard from many many people.

AND GOD DAMN IT PEOPLE STOP BESMIRCHING ON YUJIRO!!!

Foggy

Be very very afraid.

Yeah but I think the SANADA push is well and truly on now. He's playing super babyface in these G-1 matches, a definite change from last year. Dojo graduate loyalty is real though.

Considering how tough it is and how long the excursions are, I can appreciate that kind of loyalty. Fortunately there are more hits than misses.

Pretty much that, plus he is a workable monster who does not ask for alot, and behind the scenes he really is the nicest guy from what I have heard from many many people.

AND GOD DAMN IT PEOPLE STOP BESMIRCHING ON YUJIRO!!!

I was hoping for more Yujiro vs. Hiromu brother on brother violence during that Bullet Club vs. LIJ tag.

Foggy

Listening to Meltzer talk about how great this year has been, so I've thought back on it so far. I counted 45 matches so far this year that I would consider "amazing" (four stars) or better. And that's despite the fact that I haven't kept up with stuff like Evolve and LU. And I'm still probably forgetting stuff.

WWE may suck, but we are spoiled as wrestling fans right now.

Yeah, if you're an angry, bitter graps fan then you only have yourself to blame.

Be very very afraid.

But to be clear, Sanada was trained by Mutoh in the All Japan dojo. Similarly, Okada was trained by Ultimo Dragon in the Toryumon dojo.

klonere

Banned
With a few exceptions Okada is pretty good at bumping very safely but fuck me he absolutely planted himself on his head from an Elgin lariat.

Surely WWE makes Omega an offer he can't refuse and it puts a halt to all this growing NJPW popularity?

And then Okada pretends not to speak any English to avoid dealing with Trumpists like the McMahons just like Japanese First Lady Akie Abe pretended she spoke no English to avoid talking to Trump.

Edit: fuck it, my tired brain confused Omega for Okada, so I'm keeping it.

When Omega has done everything that he wants to accomplish, then I can see him jump.

Huh, I take back what I said yesterday. They might actually be learning

@WrestleCircus
Effective August 5th:mad:WrestleCircus will be moving to an 8 match per show model based on feedback from our audience.

Foggy

Surely WWE makes Omega an offer he can't refuse and it puts a halt to all this growing NJPW popularity?

New Japan's a long ways from being a concern for them. If they do that, it's because they want someone they think is a ready-made star. Hopefully Kenny is adamant about creative control and they pass.

Top Bottom