• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Mapped out all of 2017's ppv endings and man, it's not good.

RR- Heel standing tall
EC - Heel standing tall
FastLane - Face standing tall (Goldberg)
WM - Ends with Reigns beating Taker which is controversial
Payback - Heel standing tall
Backlash - Heel standing tall
Extreme Rules - Heel standing tall
Money in the Bank - Heel standing tall
GBoF - Lesnar won so idk what he is, in the match he leaned towards face tho
Battleground - Heel standing tall

I knew it was bad but shit's worse than I thought.
This and the hometown hero losing is something that is noticeable now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I tapped out after AJ v KO's horrible finish (wtf was that?), I assume CEna and Jinder won.

Yeha I think its time to unsub. Especially now that I'm not working sundays, when I was it was at least an excuse to watch at work.

Made the decision about 3 weeks ago to cancel the Network for an NJ World sub. Been a bit behind but I'll share some thoughts!

Okada/Elgin: Fucking amazing. Might be match of the G1 so far for me.

Naito/Ibushi: Incredible, could be on the level Okada/Elgin, I gotta let that simmer for a bit

Omega/Suzuki: Could've been better but still a solid 4 star brawl. Minoru Suzuki is just a badass motherfucker.

Juice Robinson: I love him! Dude's got heart and it's fun yelling out Juice. Not gonna be surprised if he comes back to WWE but he should totally stay.

and finally....

Yuji Nagata: This man is 49 years old and is putting the show of his life right now. He is incredible and is my favorite individual out of everybody so far.

Again very behind cause I still gotta watch Ibushi/ZSJ and Ishii.

Man this is so much fun.

EDIT: That whole Daryl Takahashi angle flew over my head since I'm only watching matches I want to watch but I guess that tore everyone up lol

Adree

I was watching the ppv live and a friend asked to play Battlegrounds instead and I made the right decision.

Later I skipped through all of the matches except for AJ/Owens and I'm extremely glad I didn't have to suffer through it live.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Yknow it's pretty telling when the death of a stuffed cat in NJPW is more interesting and over than anything WWE has managed to do with Roman Reigns in years.

Spuck-uk

Banned
A out of body experience
tumblr_otk6b77eoU1s05wxzo1_400.gif

Yes but you see a lariat is not a believable finisher and furthermore...

Spuck-uk

Banned
Tye couldn't even win on the preshow, damn

He was almost certainly working hurt, because it's Japan and everyone has at least a concussion they aren't telling anyone about, but nothing tore or broke that was clearly so bad it required surgery, and it definitely didn't pile up like this

Dude hasn't went 2 months active without at least an injury scare, and that just doesn't happen unless something's seriously wrong with the guy (either bad style, or pissing people off enough they want to stiff him and only him)

Tanahashi has been wrestling with a torn bicep for like a month now :(

RBH

This may be the least enthusiastic I've been about the WWE in a long long time.

And that says quite a bit considering how many talented wrestlers are on the roster from top to bottom. Raw was already brutal to sit through, but SmackDown has been on the decline since Jinder became champion. In the middle of the Cena/Rusev match last night, I just switched off the PPV because it had been that uninteresting of a show overall up to that point. Other peripheral decisions like canceling Talking Smack aren't helping matters for me either.

Once the Mae Young Classic wraps up, I'll probably be canceling the Network and looking into NJPW more consistently.

GunBR

So in the same week we had Jason Jordan being announced as Angle son, the cancellation of Talking Smack and the return of The Great Khali at the end of an terrible PPV

Sometimes is hard to defend WWE

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do we know if Suzuki is actually like a super chill, gentle, nice guy in real life?

Because if you told me the dude was actually nasty, I would believe you. He just looks like a mean, scary motherfucker.

Hasney

do we know if Suzuki is actually like a super chill, gentle, nice guy in real life?

Because if you told me the dude was actually nasty, I would believe you. He just looks like a mean, scary motherfucker.

From TV Tropes:

His post-Pancrase professional wrestling career is basically this trope turned into a full-fledged character. The staged Minoru Suzuki behaves exactly like the real Minoru Suzuki was reputed to behave (yes, that bad) when he was a fighter.

Kornflayx

He's a giant One Piece fan, so that only makes him cooler.

This may be the least enthusiastic I've been about the WWE in a long long time.

And that says quite a bit considering how many talented wrestlers are on the roster from top to bottom. Raw was already brutal to sit through, but SmackDown has been on the decline since Jinder became champion. In the middle of the Cena/Rusev match last night, I just switched off the PPV because it had been that uninteresting of a show overall up to that point. Other peripheral decisions like canceling Talking Smack aren't helping matters for me either.

Once the Mae Young Classic wraps up, I'll probably be canceling the Network and looking into NJPW more consistently.

Wwe has become a formula. It's the equivalent to a cable sitcom in its repetitive nature. Even when stuff is unexpected, like Natty winning last night, you're not even shocked or surprised. It's just a frustration.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So I got partway through Battleground last night. Finished AJ KO and decided to go to sleep. Got woken up by a test saying wow didn't expect that. So I looked up the end and saw the Great Khali returned. I shoukd not have been woken up for that.

So, is there anything worthwhile I missed after the AJ match?

Top Bottom