• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Hasney

But the problem with this is then we end up with the dreaded 50/50 booking so many people hate when two top guys face off. For some reason wrestling fans have an extreme hatred for it in WWE, but have no problem with the guys in NJPW trading wins/loses.

Usually because from the outside, it looks like the wins actually mean something in NJPW and excluding the G1 and it's tag matches, they usually have more space between encounters.

When it's dude wins, 4 MONTHS OF SHOUTING THESE BORING SCRIPTS AT EACH OTHER USA! USA! BOOO FOREIGNER OH NO HEEL WINS BY CHEATING ON TV then other dude wins at the next PPV.

Plus, a great match can make you excited and not really care who's winning or not. i think blaming 50/50 booking is just something easy to point at when realistically, the issues with WWEs writing are much deeper rooted.... It's just because it's dull.

Anth0ny

But the problem with this is then we end up with the dreaded 50/50 booking so many people hate when two top guys face off. For some reason wrestling fans have an extreme hatred for it in WWE, but have no problem with the guys in NJPW trading wins/loses.

I think it's 50/50 combined with having the same shitty match 1000 fucking times on tv and 4 consecutive ppvs that pisses people off

Cena needs to just go away, his shit is so phoney. I can't stand how he still tries to spin the 'I ain't no part timer jack' when it's clearly obvious no bro, you are.

Just admit it, it's ok, you done your time, now you've moved on to other things. We know you will 'always love WWE' blah blah blah etc but f**k stop pretending you aren't just back for the token big event match then are pissing off straight away again afterwards.

I feel sorry for guys like Rusev, just there to get squashed by Cena over and over then he leaves again and you're left to try and continue on trying to not just look like a jobber. It's disgusting.

Honestly if Jinder wasn't in the main title picture I think people would be less angered with his push. However, people also seem to forget belts literally mean shit now. Looking back at some champions you had Jarret, Ahmed Johnson, Marty Jannety, Tito Santanna,
Well yeah, Jinder went from jobbing in a nothing match to Mojo Rawley (with months of jobbing and doing basically nothing behind him as well) to winning the world title and becoming the top guy on Smackdown in a month. People would definitely have been less pissed about the push if it happened in the midcard.

Tournaments like G1 are just different. Its understood that because of the intense schedule you're going to get upsets and New Japan uses that to build up feuds down the road.

Outside of the G1 their top guys are super-protected. Okada has been champ for over a year and wins every title match clean. Earlier in the year they were able to make Juice Robinson a credible challenger to Naito just by giving him a pin in a multi-man match because its so rare.

Foggy

In good news, AJPW have sold all the very expensive front row special tickets for their Sumo Hall show, pretty much immediately. This will probably cover nearly all their expenses for the event. Everything else will be gravy.

Looks like the Kento > Shuji title switch might be booking decision of the year. Based Uncle Jun.

Damn right it was

DFACpF3V0AA9jqI.jpg

Anth0ny

Cena needs to just go away, his shit is so phoney. I can't stand how he still tries to spin the 'I ain't no part timer jack' when it's clearly obvious no bro, you are.

Just admit it, it's ok, you done your time, now you've moved on to other things. We know you will 'always love WWE' blah blah blah etc but f**k stop pretending you aren't just back for the token big event match then are pissing off straight away again afterwards.

I feel sorry for guys like Rusev, just there to get squashed by Cena over and over then he leaves again and you're left to try and continue on trying to not just look like a jobber. It's disgusting.

some would even say it's slowly killing the company, and in about 5 years, they'll have no stars as a result

Tom Nook

What's for next for Jinder and Orton?

Another match for SummerSlam? This time, Khali in Jinder's corner and a mystery partner for Orton. LOL.

Mahonay

Banned
Facebook brought this up as one of my memories. Picture I took at a Chikara show a few years ago.
BzqXKqn.jpg

Smoooooth Sailor

I guess I'm going to watch WWE Battleturd now.

What's for next for Jinder and Orton?

Another match for SummerSlam? This time, Khali in Jinder's corner and a mystery partner for Orton. LOL.

Jinder/Cena
Khali/Orton

Hope you liked the Cena standing tall over a foreigner and Khali attempting to move around parts of the show, you'll be seeing it again in August

Spuck-uk

Banned
Seriously, went from easily in my top 5 to honestly I don't even bother now.

Third most depressing thing right now, after Shibata and Daryl.

That Sami Zayn match was great.

There hasn't been much else though.

Not his fault either.

Nahhh this is on Nak just as much as others. No reason he couldn't have put on more enjoyable stuff with the guys he's faced

Tournaments like G1 are just different. Its understood that because of the intense schedule you're going to get upsets and New Japan uses that to build up feuds down the road.

Outside of the G1 their top guys are super-protected. Okada has been champ for over a year and wins every title match clean. Earlier in the year they were able to make Juice Robinson a credible challenger to Naito just by giving him a pin in a multi-man match because its so rare.

I'm not talking G1, but guys like Naito and Tanahashi have eaten losses and people just moved on from it. WWE fans are so hung up on 50/50

Anth0ny

Impressions of Jinder's match with Hindi commentary. Sounds more entertaining than the show itself:
When all the alternate language commentators introduced themselves during the broadcast today, I decided to watch the Punjabi Prison match with Hindi commentary because I had a lot of questions about Jinder and his portrayal. When the Zayn-Kanelis match ended, I switched to Hindi and it was just fascinating. Some notes below

First thing to make clear, there was literally no question who was the face and who was the heel. Jinder was the all conquering hero and Orton was the evil American

When Jinder came to the ring, both the commentators ran down his accomplishments and ended with "1.3 Billion people are supporting him, and that will lead him to victory today"

When Orton came down to the ring, they barely acknowledged his existence instead focusing on "Jinder agreed to face Randy in this match despite knowing he would have no backup. What a display of bravery"
"India stands with Jinder" was the entire message on commentary

Even the Hindi commentary could not sell "Jinder has an advantage in the Punjabi Prison Match because he is from Punjab" angle

Jinder was addressed by the honorific "Jinderji" or "Maharaja Sahab" which is like saying "The esteemed Jinder" or "The respected Maharaja"

One of the commentators kept saying "Randy Mahal" for some reason before correcting himself every time

Jinder bravely preventing Orton from exiting the inner cage, but how dare Orton stand in Jinder's way???

When the Singh Brothers pulled Jinder out, the commentators actively mocked Orton for being stuck in the inner cage

On that note, why are the Singh Brothers here? Because they want to ensure that only a deserving person is Champion, and Jinder is the only deserving person in this match

When the Singh Brothers attacked Orton, the commentary first egged them on, and then when Orton turned the tables, it became "What a brave fight by the Singh Brothers who are fighting someone twice their size"

When Orton got the Kendo stick and Jinder begged, they were besides themselves and said "Jinder shouldn't reduce himself to begging for mercy, he is better than this."

When the Singh brother was sent through the table and the other one was dispatched by a chair, the commentators said "The Singh Brothers showing us what the word 'loyalty' truly means. They are putting themselves on the line for Jinder"

When Orton attacked Jinder with the steel chair, the commentators were livid "How dare he use a steel chair, I can understand using a Lathi (indian version of Kendo stick) but a steel chair is going too far, he wants to end the Maharaja's career"

When The Great Khali came out, I am pretty sure both commentators jizzed in their pants right there. One of them sounded like the football commentators who scream "GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL". That moment alone was worth watching the match in Hindi (I would highly recommend you watch that moment on the Hindi commentary, it is at 3:06:00 and you don't even need to know Hindi to feel the commentator's excitement) ETA: Streamable link of part of the overall ending, but includes Khali's entrance in Hindi: https://streamable.com/f473u

They ended it with "This is patriotism. This is what it means to have the back of your brother (brother not in the "They are related" sense). India is proud of its two sons who are standing tall"

From start to finish, this match was just fascinating with Hindi commentary. It is a completely different alternate universe with that commentary. The narrative itself changed to "That evil American Randy Orton will do anything to take away Jinder's title".

Will definitely go back and watch previous PPVs with Hindi commentary now to see how they tackle Jinder's matches.

Reminds me of 1996 WCW when all the commentary would completely shit on the NWO at all times. Except these dudes are just shitting on Orton lol

Foggy

I'm not talking G1, but guys like Naito and Tanahashi have eaten losses and people just moved on from it. WWE fans are so hung up on 50/50

The most recent 50/50 I can think of is Ishii/Omega, but that was separated by months apart and it wasn't a dominant storyline. It was just Omega losing to Ishii in the opening round of a tournament, Kenny getting a revenge singles match, and them meeting at the end of the US tournament. It's a far cry from 50/50 guys in consecutive ppvs with fuck finishes littering the intervening tv appearances. What other 50/50s are you thinking of?

Nak can't be fucked since joining WWE. All his moves are looking lazy.

Puts a new spin on him recommending the promotion to other close to free-agents out there

"Come here, you don't have to actually work"

Jinder and Khali vs Orton and Cena at Summerslam. Put all the shit in one match.

Let's just make it a tag team match.

But then what will they have for SD

Yall are going to put Bryan out of his other job early

I'm down on literally everything else right now, I'm only invested in Fashion Files and the Mike/Maria and Sami thing.

I'm not even sure why I like the last one so much, him accidentally interrupting their smoochie faces just made me laugh, they're pretty entertaining together, and I like their entrance music... and Maria.

It's still pretty sad they've managed to destroy my SD love in such a f**king short space of time, we had D-Bry, Talking Smack, Alexa, AJ champ that ran the camp, even Miz's promos etc. I miss my shoot show. :(

Zach

Impressions of Jinder's match with Hindi commentary. Sounds more entertaining than the show itself:

When The Great Khali came out, I am pretty sure both commentators jizzed in their pants right there. One of them sounded like the football commentators who scream "GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL". That moment alone was worth watching the match in Hindi (I would highly recommend you watch that moment on the Hindi commentary, it is at 3:06:00 and you don't even need to know Hindi to feel the commentator's excitement) ETA: Streamable link of part of the overall ending, but includes Khali's entrance in Hindi: https://streamable.com/f473u

Reminds me of 1996 WCW when all the commentary would completely shit on the NWO at all times. Except these dudes are just shitting on Orton lol

Heh. Pretty fun.

Mahonay

Banned
I skipped like 90 percent of Nak vs Corbin because that shit was so boring. And they're extending the feud with that finish? Hahahahahaha

The most recent 50/50 I can think of is Ishii/Omega, but that was separated by months apart and it wasn't a dominant storyline. It was just Omega losing to Ishii in the opening round of a tournament, Kenny getting a revenge singles match, and them meeting at the end of the US tournament. It's a far cry from 50/50 guys in consecutive ppvs with fuck finishes littering the intervening tv appearances. What other 50/50s are you thinking of?

That's fair, they're a lot more spaced out than back to back to back to back mondays

I wonder how Nak would go in NJPW now. The match quality in the last year is insanely high and he only pushed himself in really big shows.

It is a shame how disappointing he has been in WWE for the most part. He was easily in my top 5 for a few years now I dont even miss him in NJPW.

Top Bottom